• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Street Fighter IV TE stick...

Started by fluxcore, December 23, 2008, 09:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Gino on October 07, 2009, 09:38:17 AM
It took me a long time to get used to the ball top sticks. I could never ever use them whenever I went to yifans or any arcade that had them. But now, well I obviously wouldn't use anything else.
It's a thousand times harder switching from pad, the button layout alone was confusing, DP with hk, not finding throw quick enought to tech etc, and there's the joystick motions :(

Dont mean to sound like a dick here,  but it just doesn't seem so hard getting used to something, thats just a different thing stuck on the top of your stick when your a natural stick warrior.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on October 07, 2009, 09:47:49 AM
It's a thousand times harder switching from pad, the button layout alone was confusing, DP with hk, not finding throw quick enought to tech etc, and there's the joystick motions :(

I never realised you'd NEVER used a joystick before. I feel your pain...

For me, the button layout was never an issue, as I always played on 6 button pads (I miss you, Mega Drive...) But I did have a hard time adjusting to a stick... I know what you mean about Ryu's FADC ultra being inconsistent... I think I tend to poke it when I panic... I think the key is to just do it slowly
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

I've never used a pad. I've always played in Yifans or at home on a Namco stick/Dreamcast stick. I wouldn't even know where to start with switching to a pad, but why would I haha.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

If your only problem is the ultra motion after the focus dash then I guess you just need to work out how to do that bit better. Either try altering your hand position (sometimes shifting the grip a bit for certain moves helps), or possibly break it down to the simplest bit possible (just practice focus dash ultra over and over until it's in muscle memory), because then it's much easier to do it along with the rest of the combo.

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I know weazzy's problem as I had the same issue and took me a while to work out what actually went wrong, as you play you will understand more while executing the same move over and over. I took well over 3 months to learn this in the arcade as I did not have it on console. And even after I got my PC version in July I spent a good time in training mode to work out what actually I am doing wrong and to be honest its really up to yourself to understand you weakness in execution and find an alternative.

I taugh my cousin how to fadc into ultra and he learnt in in a day -.-
thanks to my superior teaching of course!!!! :)
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

http://playtech.co.nz/product.php?keyword=fightstick&cate_id=all&con=AND&action=search&type=normal&imageField.x=0&imageField.y=0

$350 for a PS3 OR 360 stick. If you order through MightyApe, you can get them to match the price and they will also ship for free. Sounds like good deals if you ask me

pookychoo

got a TE on order from capcom store, looking forward to it!!

holy crap i get home and theres a courier ticket, man that was speedy ordered on the 13th here on the 19th. Mean.

B BOY DRAW2

I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

fluxcore

holy shit

I'm tempted to buy one and I already have one!

(I however convinced my co-worker to get one!)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

Quote from: B BOY DRAW2 on October 22, 2009, 01:05:54 PM
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Street-Fighter-IV-Tournament-Fightstick/2751263/

Mighty Ape TE Stick...$260!!!
HOT DAMN!!!

Time to do some crime

I saw this this morning :(

My girlfriend would bludgeon me to death if she found out I bought ANOTHER fightstick :(

HoneyBadger

Dude, do a Smoof and remind her how lucky she is you LET her go out with you. After you tell her that she'll probably make you dinner too.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

maelgrim

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: electric on October 22, 2009, 01:40:40 PM
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Street-Fighter-IV-Tournament-Fightstick/2751263/

HOT DAMN!!!

Time to do some crime

I saw this this morning :(

My girlfriend would bludgeon me to death if she found out I bought ANOTHER fightstick :(
"babe...I told you...when I get like that...just get outta my way..."
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

CoffinDrop1

HOT DAMN!!!

Time to do some crime

Dudes I was reading through this forum and saw this price and said oh dam wish they had the same price for PS3. Checked it and they did - my wife noticed that I was getting very excited and after several months of hinting and hinting she utterred the magic words "ok you can buy it" suddenly the heavens opened up from the clouds above and a blinding light of street fighter sunshine pierced through the dark south auckland sky. A frantic 2 hundred and 40 second search for the credit card ensued, the details were entered, transation complete, email confirmation received - bring on the long weekend! CoffinDrop1 is a happy man!

stereomonkey

Good going coffindrop!!!  The gods of fighting games have blessed you with luck!
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"