• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

RVB Street Fighter 4 Registration

Started by zos'la, February 27, 2009, 04:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Prize: Prizes for top 3 players. Also Spot prizes for competitors that enters!!!~~!!
Where: RvB
Office: 09 369 5523 or 021 CALL RVB
Location: 155 Karangahape Road [K' Road] Auckland, New Zealand
Date: 21st March 2009
Time: 12 PM till 6 PM ( will update if change )

Fees: $10 ( Players can pay me when they see me at Yifan or pay on the day )

Game: SF4
Version: Xbox 360 Console version

Parking recommendations:
Cross St Car Park
15 Cross Street
Newton
09 377 1255

Game Rules:

Players are not added to the brackets until fees are paid on the day.
Tournament played on Street Fighter 4 for the XBOX 360.
Players must sign in for the tournament on the this forum or contact me directly.
Tournament is bracket-style double elimination format.
No memory cards or third party memory devices can be used by contestants.
Contestants must use the provided stick/pads, button config changes are allowed on pads only. 
Contestants can only choose ONE main character to use through the tournament, Gouken/Seth is NOT allowed.
Both contestants may select the same character when competing in the matches.
Both contestants should select their character independently and press "A." Players may select any color, personal action, or win quote that they choose (these do not affect game play).  Players should NOT adjust their handicap.  It defaults to 4 stars, and any adjustment will only make the player weaker.   
Contestants will be paired off randomly for the opening match.  If there are an odd number of contestants in the opening match, the organizers will randomly determine the contestant who will receive the opening match bye.
Player position (player 1 or player 2) is determined by a coin flip prior to game set-up.
In the event of an outage of power, accidental unplugging, system freeze or some other event not in either player's control that would not allow the participants to finish the game, the game will be restarted.   
The game mode is the following:
Versus Mode
Mode:  "Player vs Player"
Round:  5
Time Limit:  99  
Tournament organizers have the final ruling regarding any mediation of the tournament.
Any technique possible within the game is allowed during the match (e.g. throws, unblockable Focus Attacks, etc.).
The winner of the best 3 out of 5 rounds advances to the next round.
In the event of a tie (from "Double K.O." or "Time Over") – select "rematch" from the post-fight menu, and play the match from the beginning as normal until a winner is decided.

OK your name/nick will appear below once I get confirmation from this post.
Players may turn up on the day and register, but below will give me a fair idea of numbers etc.
If you change your mind please advise me with PM or post here.
Fees must be paid before tournament.

//===================================

Andy / zos
Simon / stupidFish
Hue / Crazykiller
Tony / TonTon
Mike / iMagneto
BIRRY /ILL_BILL
Gino / Gino
Sol / iRONsol
Alan / flux
Jonathan / HCO
Ben / Toomeke
David / AD
Lenny / Lennysaurus
Smoof / Caleb===============PAYED
rich / samurai black
Aaron / EFKT
Simon / CrazyMobius
Samson / SamBo
Matt / Light Weight
Alan / Kururu
Phil / SPAZo
Graeme / geneterror
Vincent / RoastPork
Lanbo / Chopstick
Evan / H2O
Glenn / Silver Spoon
Euan / Blackstar
Mason/massi4h
SaladBowl - Alasdair
--------------------
29 registered entrants
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

How did this become SF4 only? What happend to marvel?

BIRRY WONG/ILL_BILL
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

iMagneto

Gino

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

fluxcore

If Gino will take me I don't see any particularly good reason why I shouldn't go...

Alan/flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HCO

zos'la

updated :)
Also the console will be xBox 360 as RvB use them...
There should be more ppl after the posters get out,
Who is really good with poster making? please create one and upload it and I'll print them out.

Bring the joysticks on the day and will will test them out see which are better to use.
As promise the ppl that bring the sticks to use for the tournament will either get a discount or free entry to the tournament. (not everyone :P) post ur sticks and we decide which ones to use.

Bring your mates, sign them up!!! the more the Meir!!!
Please make sure your turn up, if you can't make it for some reason please post in advance, cheers.

iMagneto

Quote from: zosla on February 28, 2009, 10:37:36 PM
Who is really good with poster making? please create one and upload it and I'll print them out.

Bring the joysticks on the day and will will test them out see which are better to use.
As promise the ppl that bring the sticks to use for the tournament will either get a discount or free entry to the tournament. (not everyone :P) post ur sticks and we decide which ones to use.

Please make sure your turn up, if you can't make it for some reason please post in advance, cheers.

im gonna design it now~ starting 2mmorow but i need more details about the tournament can u write down what u want to say eg~~ of coz sf IV tournament ~ =)

gunsmoke

Quote from: iMagneto on February 28, 2009, 11:26:10 PM

Quote from: zosla on February 28, 2009, 10:37:36 PM

im gonna design it now~ starting 2mmorow but i need more details about the tournament can u write down what u want to say eg~~ of coz sf IV tournament ~ =)

n mvc2 plssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

iMagneto

are we gonna have marvel?? can we bring our consoles?

zos'la

OKay,
1: we need to confirm the time on the day you guys want to start?
2: Venue, SIMONFISH can you confirm the venue please.

Once the above is done we can start throwing the posters out.
Please do the above ASAP as we have about 3 weeks before thing kicks off.

Also updated teh rules, please read and comment.
cheers.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

So youre using a knock-out format?

Depending on how many people show up, we might be better off with a round robin. Yes it will take longer, but better that than a tournament that lasts half an hour.

And I reckon we need to throw in some Marvel aswell for those of us that want to play it.

Quoting you from the marvel thread Zosla:

QuoteI guess it can be done if we got enought time.

What sort of time frame were you looking at anyway? Obviously if were pressed for time then Its probably not worth it, but i see no reason why we cant have 2 competitions going at the same time. Though admittedly, i havent seen what RVB is like yet, so im not really sure.

Im also thinking that a lot of the marvel players would be keen to jump in the SF4 comp. (Me, richard, ben etc) None of us are that good, but im in it for the fun factor, and you might find if you can drag some marvel people in for marvel, you might be able to add to the numbers for the SF4 comp aswell. Basically fodder for the better players, but im sure we'd all enjoy it. Not 100% certain that it would ACTUALLY go down like this, but its a thought that i feel is pretty valid.

Oh and Mike, the poster would be the perfect time to unveil the NZism logo youve been working on for like the last year. :P

If this whole tourney goes well theres some damn good promotion opportunity for the site, which i don't think should be passed up IMO.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Some weird rules in that list, but hey, not my tournament I guess.

- Don't see the point in banning Gouken/Seth, so far I don't see either of them as THAT broken. Seth maybe.

- No character switching? What's the point in that? I'm guessing so people don't sit on the select screen waiting to counter pick, but that's what double blind exists for.

- "The player who survives the entire bracket without losing a match will be crowned the winner." Actually, this doesn't make sense as the conclusion of dbl elim, what if the winner of losers beats the winner of winners? There's no winner?

Don't take this as an attack, it's great to have tournies running, good work.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness