• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stereomonkey

Haha, got that video in my Marvel folder with some other tutorials for Ruby, Blackheart, Sim and Cyclops.

Mmmmm, marvel... :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

kingpiccolo

love these voice actors soo awesome

Nick4now

Quote from: geneterror on January 26, 2011, 12:38:48 PM
C'mon bro you're being hard on yourself. You've obviously been in the training room you just lack the matchup/practice against other people. Your offence is good but...

I can tell you now the biggest hole in your defence is that you don't roll on knockdown so I was getting you with a lot of free big damage OTG combos from psylocke assist. Learn to roll and you won't get caught in those combos. You'll notice all those combos I did with Cammy actually started from landing Psylocke assist but if you had rolled the cr.lk would have whiffed, I almost never catch any of the Yifans MvC2 guys with psylocke assist and if I do they ALWAYS roll leaving me to find new ways to get that cr.lk.

You still rockin' Mags as a 3rd to Strider/Doom? I reckon you should still have a look at Iron Man as a 3rd for that team?

Oh that makes sense, I was like how the hell do I get away lol But say if I bait out a roll, is there a way to punish it?

Yeah I'm still using Strider/Doom/Mags but I haven't given Iron Man a try yet. I'll probably print out those combos you guys have been post here and test him out. From what I've seen he kinda plays like Mags? Correct if I'm wrong though because I still don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Marvel  ;D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

samurai black

Quote from: Nick4now on January 26, 2011, 04:30:33 PM
But say if I bait out a roll, is there a way to punish it?

backdash with the roll and get them when they come out. ive only seen it with cammy, so im not sure if others can do it. its something alan(kururu) does lots and it took me ages to get used to it cause i learn things the hard way :/

stereomonkey

Magneto sometimes can guess a lucky roll after a hk throw forward and then if the opponent rolls forward mags back dashes where he's going to recover and then starts the mixup pressure.

Don;t know if you could call that a bait.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You cant really bait a roll. Only guess.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

So if you follow a predicted roll is the d.lk otg guaranteed? I thought sometimes you can end up on the other side and they block wrong. So that means cammy's super in the air creates a 50/50, if you don't roll you get relaunched and if you do roll and she follows you you get relaunched and combo meter reset as well.

Also does DHC reset combo scaling? Because I've been practicing some combos and I'll do so many hits where my super won't do shit on the end then I DHC into hail storm and it does normal damage. 

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Question 1) Yes? Though it could just be blocking wrong.

Question 2) DHCing does NOT reset combo scaling. Hailstorm just get fuck all scaling for some reason.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

LN

It's more that the scaling eventually reduces individual hits down to 1, so multihitting moves (like AHVB and hailstorm which do several dozen hits) still do that many points of damage.

As for rolling vulnerability:

Quote from: srk mvc2 wiki
Some properties about OTGs, rolls and wake-ups:
•   The person who is rolling is invincible till they get up.
•   Everyone’s roll is the same meaning they travel the same distance and at the same speed.
•   When the person is getting up they are invincible while rising meaning things can be going through them and they will not be hit until they are in standing animation. This means that they can be crossed up while they are getting up. For instance Magneto’s CR.HK can cross them up because if Magneto’s sprite is RIGHT in the middle of the person who is getting up it will cause a lot of confusion on which side to block so it becomes a cross-up and sometimes unblockables happen for that reason. However, if the move the person is trying to do is a low move the person getting up can jump straight out of it since apparently there is some invincibility while you’re jumping to so you never hit standing animation. The only thing that can stop you is a move that would hit you from mid or high.
There is no knowledge that is not power

geneterror

Good shit Alan I was just about to come and say that. That's why people put Proton Cannon on the end of Iron Man infinite because even when it's been scaled right down it hits a lot of times for decent damage.
KOW 2011

massi4h

Ah k thanks Alan, good to know. I guess moving grabs like Rogue's kiss and Akumas raging demon and yeah I guess Otoko Michi lol would be jumpable after the roll, I should test that anyway cause I know in XvSF Akuma can end a combo with air throw and then if you roll (seems to almost auto roll that move half the time) he can demon and you can't jump out. I might test that now in mvc2.

Edit: nope didn't work, but air reset to raging demon does kinda work. If you do it right they get a really tiny window probably 1-2 frames to push something and most normals aren't fast or big enough to hit so you need an air special or super but I couldn't pull one off at all. I've got a new setup now: short, short psylocke assist, c.lk, s.mp, raging demon. Seems to do decent damage even though you waste 3 bars.
So I guess somehow meaty demon can't be jumped so it technically should work to catch a roll. I was struggling to make a decent setup though and maybe they have a bigger hitbox when they roll so when they come out the demon isn't close enough to hit on the first frame.
One more gimmick to add to my game.

gunsmoke

Anyone keen to play MVC2 at Yifan /? Please stop by at 2pm-5pm ......

i give some good tutorial on this game....lol

Oh well i don't think anyone will come.... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

HoneyBadger

Bro I'm down for some Ben tutorials

Team benw0rk  8)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Nick4now

Quote from: geneterror on January 27, 2011, 11:07:51 AM
Richard I'll be going straight for Doom as I played him a LOT in MvC2 in my Blackheart, Sent, Doom team. I'll be going straight for the big guys...Thor, Doom, Dormammu, Hulk etc.

I've actually been playing Doom again in MvC2 this week and getting my airdash combos etc down.

Quoted this from the other thread to stay on topic lol But anyways what are some of his combos? I haven't even gotten around to learning him yet. I'm basically relying on Strider to do all the work while having Doom as assist but there's been many times where Doom's my last char and I just get owned because I don't know how to use him lol

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Nick4now on January 27, 2011, 11:11:44 AM
Quoted this from the other thread to stay on topic lol But anyways what are some of his combos? I haven't even gotten around to learning him yet. I'm basically relying on Strider to do all the work while having Doom as assist but there's been many times where Doom's my last char and I just get owned because I don't know how to use him lol

Basic BnB without assist c.lk, c.lk, c.hp, -> j.lp, j.lk, j.mp, j.mk -> Photon Array.

Get that down and then start modifying it so that you get the variations in that video. Doom is a really simple character to use imo. You should have his basics down fairly quickly.

And fuck, I should just leave the game mechanics discussion to Alan. I know what i MEAN to say, but i keep saying the wrong thing.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.