• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

MVC2

Started by [NIUE] Optimus DAVE, January 25, 2007, 08:56:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 23, 2009, 11:35:23 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure I remember you. My IM is pretty much like my sent, so you probably haven't seen it. You're right about execution, especially with my mags, trying to learn the rom infinite, just can't really get it down, not even in xvsf with a 3xpunch key.

Yeah I'm taking it all in. Tried sent/akuma/tron today at Uni (cause it's 50c) and yay LP wasn't working, so couldn't really do much there. I was connecting the rocket punch to HSF's though which was good.

Problem I think with sent/akuma/tron is that the team seems mostly based around sent and when I can't do big damage with him, its a bit of a waste. Akuma is usually an assist character, til late game where I bust him out and sometimes get some good damage in (hurricane kick in air combo does so much damage). When I'm down at yifan's I'll definitely try out that team though.
I mildy know how to use CapCom as a 1v1 character (I guess he's pretty much the same as in MVC1 lol) so might also try subbing him in for tron, and his aa assist is awesome.

Thanks for the tips guys.

I can see why akuma/sent/tron could seem like its based around sent, but in the long run youll find its not based around him, its based around akuma, with sent as a crutch. And please dont take my long/drawn out posts (*cough* encyclopedias >_>) the wrong way, Im just particularly good at this kind of stuff.

You use the sent/tron assists to backup akuma on point from the beginning, then when akuma dies, you have a powerful character like sent to clean up the leftovers easily. Obviously this is easier said than done if youre not confident with sent.

This team (and the storm variation that i listed earlier) follows the same principle that my Anakaris/storm/sonson team does. (which is probably why im making such fuckoff long posts about it :P)

I base this team around my ability to dominate with anakaris right off the bat. The storm assist gives me access to the curse infinite, and the sonson assist sets up mummy wraps, resets,  OTG's,  and makes the anak snapback infinite much easier to perform (and cost less meter :D) Similarly, i was basing my akuma suggestions on starting strong with akuma, giving him assists that allow you to utilise all of his tools.

When anakaris dies, I generally have the storm/sonson combination to finish the match with, or solo storm (sonson assist tends to eat supers and dies early), both of which are strong enough to get the job done. I was applying a similar idea to the akuma teams. When akuma dies, youve got a powerful combination to get the business finished, be it sent/tron or storm/tron, but this is just so you can finish the job akuma started.

These are teams that start out enhancing the best aspects of your low tier character, and trying to sway the beginning of the match in your favour. They then finish by 'sweeping' with strong top tier stuff that is effective in multiple situations.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah but if I play anyone decent, magneto will just go boom and akuma will die due to lack of air and speed options and lack of HP. That's why I normally bring him out later, for me he's more of an assist until later. I find him better for clean up when there is less assisting happening.

If I were to lead this team with akuma and no aa, wouldn't I just get triangle jumped into big combos right off the bat (assuming they start with magneto). Maybe I can do good against sents if I can manage to learn that j.tatsu infinite.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: massi4h on June 23, 2009, 02:57:13 PM
Yeah but if I play anyone decent, magneto will just go boom and akuma will die due to lack of air and speed options and lack of HP. That's why I normally bring him out later, for me he's more of an assist until later. I find him better for clean up when there is less assisting happening.

If I were to lead this team with akuma and no aa, wouldn't I just get triangle jumped into big combos right off the bat (assuming they start with magneto). Maybe I can do good against sents if I can manage to learn that j.tatsu infinite.

yeah man, when u can u should learn all akumas things, that infinite is really handy to know, but a good sent will not be on the ground waiting to get infinited lol

But in saying you dont mean for akuma to be your point character....just your main assist
just practice more is all........

also with no aa you can get triangled jumped to death, but with tron there she kinda stops a few cross ups and jump ins if you time her right. also if you know your going to get triangled jumped just jump back and mash assist, honest g, mean tricks ;D :D ;) 8)
The New Generation Clockw0rk

HoneyBadger

Omg you guys so pro =( Teach me to be cool like you
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

kingpiccolo

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 23, 2009, 03:05:11 PM

team Z team Z  8) 8) 8)

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 23, 2009, 03:05:11 PM

you cannot teach cool, you can only get ROM'd to death....aww wait ???

HoneyBadger

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

HoneyBadger

It's k. I got Cable

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 23, 2009, 02:57:13 PM

Tron will beat a lot of triangle jumps if you space it correctly. Cross ups and square jumps are your biggest issue. Even with anti air assists, this is just something you need to learn to play against, since if we're talking 'decent' people, theyre probably not going to be hit by that capcom assist very much anyway. (Unless youre playing me, i which case i will eat that fucking capcom EVERY SINGLE FUCKING TIME)

Take simon for instance. If he sees an anti air assist like capcom, he will wait for you to use it, snapback infinite your assist character, and proceed to rape you five ways from sunday anyway. This is literally how he wins 50% of his matches.

But if youre worried about anti air, chuck capcom in there by all means. I just wouldnt recommend him with the storm option. I also hadn't suggested anti-air options because you had been running Mag/storm/akuma, which obviously doesnt have any either. I was trying to keep my suggestions relatively close to your playstyle, while putting akuma more at the centre of the team.

If akuma dies with my set ups, you have a strong combination to fall back on, so the character dying isn't as big an issue.  There are 2 situations if this happens.

1) Youre winning, and they have FINALLY managed to take down your akuma after hes been cramming purple flames into their rectal cavity. You have the advantage. Out pops a particularly strong character like sent/storm. You can sit on your advantage and slowly increase it until you win, or you can go balls out and unleash the tiers upon your rival.

2)Youre losing. You either just got wtfpwned by some retarded god-tier bs, or maybe you lost by a hair, it doesnt matter. Youre at a disadvantage. Best position to be in is with a strong character who can easily turn the match back around. ie. sent/storm.

Akuma's tatsu is a GOOD assist, but there are better ones. For example tron has a similar effect for a buttfuckload more damage. Hes not worth using as an assist character only.  Additionally, being able to effectively 'fight' with your assist character is negligible, and for the most part, unnecessary. Assist characters should be picked for their assists, and you should concentrate on being able to use your point characters before worrying about how you can play with your assist char on point.

If i get right down to capcom i spend the rest of the match trying to land the grab glitch, because i havent tried to learn him at all, but that doesnt stop me using him as an assist because thats what hes good for. Its handy to be able to use them, sure, but not NEEDED.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

gunsmoke

Team Omega / Cammy / Tron  ;D ;D ;D

New low tier 8) 8) 8)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: gunsmoke on June 24, 2009, 05:43:52 AM
Team Omega / Cammy / Tron  ;D ;D ;D

New low tier 8) 8) 8)

:O I like it ben!
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 23, 2009, 04:28:51 PM
Its handy to be able to use them, sure, but not NEEDED.

I dont know about this reasoning.....always gotta be ready to bust out the assist comebacks.

HEZ NOT GIBBING UP

HoneyBadger

Yeah Bill! What if I kill your Ankh and Storm? You gotta be able to do da sonson comeback! If you do that on Simon you can laugh at him for aaaaages

MUMMYHALA

Ryan

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 24, 2009, 12:20:54 PM
Yeah Bill! What if I kill your Ankh and Storm? You gotta be able to do da sonson comeback! If you do that on Simon you can laugh at him for aaaaages

but we laugh at him anyways  :P
fighting game noob