• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Street Fighter IV current character ranking

Started by fluxcore, March 25, 2009, 11:02:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Taken from http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2009/03/24/street_fighter_iv_unofficial_rankings_chart

Interesting? Hell yes...

Very obvious things:
Rose ranked BOTTOM. WORST character.
Seth NOT as good as Sagat.
Gouken right in the middle.
Even the very worst matchups are 7-3, which is not a complete blowout.

Now obviously people can disagree with this all they like, and things may well change, but this is how the Japanese think things stand atm.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

fluxcore

Yeah shit, I didn't even notice how high up he was! Christ!

But yeah, it's completely possible to win any match with whichever char you choose, so there's really no need to worry about counterpicking in this game.
(or banning chars, unless Seth really is found to be broken, which I doubt - just really annoying)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I agree with most of it. Chun being above gief is a bit weird, but to be honest, my only experiences with chun li are based on richards. Cammy should be higher too imo.

Fuerte is right where i want him to be. Impossibly hard to play with his only dominant matches being 2 6-4's. He will be my SF4 anakaris. :D
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE]iRONSoL

pringles

Elixir

looooool

okay, okay, holy shit. Cammy higher than Abel. Blanka third? Fuerte second to last? Rufus above Ken? Rufus above Viper? Viper above oh fuck this, this list fails so hard, sorry.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Elixir on March 25, 2009, 12:13:39 PM
looooool

okay, okay, holy shit. Cammy higher than Abel. Blanka third? Fuerte second to last? Rufus above Ken? Rufus above Viper? Viper above oh fuck this, this list fails so hard, sorry.

Cammy is a rushdown MACHINE. Blanka is amazingly strong. (Better than seth IMO) Rufus is pretty good. I do agree with your point that viper should be above rufus though. Also keep in mind that Japanese players play in a totally different style to the rest of us.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I don't think Viper should be above - this is a ranking based on good/bad matchups - and I really don't think Viper has many 'good' matchups. I think she's pretty much in the right place, maybe a little higher... Rufus has more 'good' matchups imo.

You have to remember that the difference between the top and bottom in this game isn't that vast - unlike almost every other ranking of this type you see for other games.

CptMunta

Rose ranking =  :'(

No wonder Blanka is giving so many issues with everyone.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

I think if anything this shows us that it doesnt matter who you pick.  Just need to learn the tough matchups for them.

Game is pretty balanced.

I dont agree with Gens placing.  I think he should be slightly higher.  At least above or on par with Ken imo.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on March 25, 2009, 01:50:05 PM
Above dan at least yeah? :D

Dan has good pokes and his lk gale kick puts him at frame advantage on block.  I would place dan above ken.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

I doubt there'd be many "Gen Masters" so I think that greatly contributes to his placing
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

fluxcore

There's a thread over on SRK and they basically think most of this list is trash, especially because it's early in the game and can't possibly be valid.

I don't think it's outlandishly wrong though... except Sakura v Blanka 5-5 which is just absolute bullshit...

So much of the middle is basically even that it doesn't make much difference.