• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

GGS!

Smoof: ggs as always my bro, just watch the spacing with Sagat, you have a tendency to jump back to full screen when you get in a pinch, I thought you were much more in control at mid screen with some good pressure from Tiger knee strings and such. Watch the jump ins too bro, quite easy to telegraph. looking forward to more soon brother!

Coffindrop: ggs bro, nice to see some honda for a change. My only critique would be, from knowing how Matt at yifans plays honda (He's easily the Best Honda in NZ), is to watch your spacing a little more. I felt that, as viper, you let me get away with far too much with regards to spacing and opportunity to set up pressure strings, I know that when matt plays he is always advancing, using Splash and headbutt to gain ground and to set up for a knock down then cross-up shenanagins. Good stuff from you tho bro, just a little observation for you for next time. :) Hope to see you on there tonight!

geneterror

GGs to Dead_Manz_Hand. Work on that Ryu bro but I still don't fear him like I do the big Russian bastard.
I need to get my game on before the Nationals I'm a bit rusty and missed a few stupid ultras last night.

Smoof sorry I ignored your invite last night I was in the heat of battle with Dead_Manz_Hand, see you on Saturday?
KOW 2011

HoneyBadger

Quote from: weazzyefff on May 28, 2009, 08:22:28 AM
Hey smoofith you doofith turn your ps3 off man save some power, it's been on all night .What , did you fall asleep in training mode with Sagat again.Or did you fall asleep trying to complet Sagat normal trial 1 lol.

I was trying to figure out how to get into trial mode. Tips plz?

Shot Hydro. I reckon I need to work on my overall strategy eh? Just like how I play games in general and learning my matchups. Any tips you can give me on that sort of stuff would be much appreciated

@Gene Yeah keen for sat bro d><b
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: Smoofikith on May 28, 2009, 09:47:39 AM

Shot Hydro. I reckon I need to work on my overall strategy eh? Just like how I play games in general and learning my matchups. Any tips you can give me on that sort of stuff would be much appreciated

Hmmm, if it's overall strat you're after, I strongly suggest initially trying to emulate your favorite top Sagat players, RF, Vegacurry, Radiowave, Ironfist et al, to get an idea of how you'd like to be playing the one-eyed giant. Then from there, take note of how they're using him to create space and opportunity, not just the moves they're doing but how they re-act to pressure, how they control space etc. If you play alot of Sagat you should get a decent feel for when it's 'right' to use particular moves, but I'd also recommend experimenting with all of his moves, as you can find uses for just about anything in SF4 (For example Viper's c.lk beats Blanka's c.punches and elec clean, b+hk beats zangief and dictators jumps ins easily etc) you will find character specific strats that will really strengthen your whole game alot that way, and it will also mean you'll have a good grasp on what you can use to beat blanka-dict-boxer-etc if you happen to face a good player who you haven't played before.  Also, I recommend sitting in training mode for practicing your combos & B&Bs, do it everyday, do it religiously, and have a goal in mind for what you want to get consistent on, all of this will help you build a strong core for your character(s) in the long run.

Chur, that's all I can offer at the mo, but come and have a chat and a few games at the grind on Sat and we'll talk more :)

HoneyBadger

Yeah true, I still gotta get my BnBs down properly ><;; All those other sagat players really seem to control the match well, I probably just gotta learn to not get manipulated =P

MUMMYHALA

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: hydrokinesis on May 28, 2009, 10:26:09 AM

Hmmm, if it's overall strat you're after, I strongly suggest initially trying to emulate your favorite top Sagat players, RF, Vegacurry, Radiowave, Ironfist et al, to get an idea of how you'd like to be playing the one-eyed giant. T

lol at ironfist  ;D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4C0F_aVAnFU

Lets throw 50 tiger uppercuts in 2 games....
please dont play like that smoof even if he is just taking the piss .
Fuck the end of the second game is awesome vs the ken . Ive never laughed sohard :)

"Ironfist gotta find some sorta strategy other than playing like a fuckn retard " Bwhahahahahahhaha  ;D
TIGERRRRRRRRRRRRRR uppercuTTTTTTTTTTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Hydro

GGS:

Geneterror666: Graeme, it's been a long time but them were some kick ass games. Good to see some Abel and Honda! Pity you had to go as we were having some good matches! :) Catch ya on Sat.

Crazymobius: All good Som: VIPER COMBOS N MIXUPS!

CptMunta

GGs

Smoof:

GGs man! Your Sagat got better and better as we played. You're pretty much on the money with the "I probably just gotta learn to not get manipulated" comment. Once you got your spacing down and tighten up your game you'll be beasting even more. Good Bison vs Sagat games, glad I could show you some different bison antics  ;)

Crazymobius:

4 BAR connection!!!

My Rose dominating for ages. Finally got to pull off my fav combo in a match:
Corner Jump in Fierce, Crouch FP, Fp Reflect, Super.
Till near the end when you chose the two guys who give me the most grief:

Blanka and Sim.

Blanka always fucks me up with his focus, hop, throw mixups. His jumps are also harder to read and soul throw. Good match though. Thought I had worked it out till I got put back in my place

Sim was closer since I've been fighting an awesome aussie sim and sim is one of my favs. keeping the pressure on is hard vs a patient sim. I should have focused to get in more. Be cool to get some more schooling in sometime  ;)

Are you maining Guile? Your Guile is pretty good. We need more low tier fury!

Oh and where was the random select love???  ??? ;D
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

It sounds like Simon has pro internet. Share plz
ggs Munta learned a lot in those Bison sets

MUMMYHALA

CoffinDrop1

Quote from: hydrokinesis on May 28, 2009, 09:06:10 AM
GGS!

Smoof: ggs as always my bro, just watch the spacing with Sagat, you have a tendency to jump back to full screen when you get in a pinch, I thought you were much more in control at mid screen with some good pressure from Tiger knee strings and such. Watch the jump ins too bro, quite easy to telegraph. looking forward to more soon brother!

Coffindrop: ggs bro, nice to see some honda for a change. My only critique would be, from knowing how Matt at yifans plays honda (He's easily the Best Honda in NZ), is to watch your spacing a little more. I felt that, as viper, you let me get away with far too much with regards to spacing and opportunity to set up pressure strings, I know that when matt plays he is always advancing, using Splash and headbutt to gain ground and to set up for a knock down then cross-up shenanagins. Good stuff from you tho bro, just a little observation for you for next time. :) Hope to see you on there tonight!

Hey thanks Hydro I was stoked to finally play you after hearing you are the mantis with C Viper. Yeah my internet is playing up at the moment so have had to resort to mobile data connection to surf the net and post this lol. Thanks for the feedback too I need to learn more about this spacing and zoning and work it into my game play. I must have missed ya on Saturday as I arrived after 2pm. Look forward to battling again sometime soon. Later bro.

Hydro

GGS!

Pjai: Good set of 10 vs you today my bro. Your Ryu is fearsome, I thought you really had my Sim sussed near the end there, my only advice would be to keep up the cross-up pressure once you get a knock down on Sim, as he has limited options for escaping said pressure, or maybe because my Sim is extra scrubby at this early stage ;) lol... hope to play you sometime soon, glad I could show some Viper skills as the connection was pretty decent for a 3 bar challenge :)

Hydro

GGS:

Ericsonau: Good set of challenges, your Guile is getting much better my bro, a little turlty, but a good turtly, I'd say that works for him alot in SFIV, remember to block the Seismos low too bro, I got far too many pops off you cause of that I think. LMK when you wanna challenge again. 4 bar is awesome!

CptMunta

Have you guys played Aussie: vindk878 yet?

Has a really good Sim. Also doesn't mind playing the matchups to help you improve your game.

Helped me with my any Blanka vs my Rose issue and finally wrapped my head around the Rose Sim matchup.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Quote from: CptMunta on June 01, 2009, 08:34:51 PM
Have you guys played Aussie: vindk878 yet?

Has a really good Sim. Also doesn't mind playing the matchups to help you improve your game.

Helped me with my any Blanka vs my Rose issue and finally wrapped my head around the Rose Sim matchup.

I haven't played him, but I can recommend Syngin for the best Guile I've ever fought. . . that guy can zone you all day long like no-bodies business, honestly it was like I was a first time viper user again! lol.

Also ShaaaaaaAU for a great challenge, aparently he's one of Oz's best, and has an unstoppable Gouken and Sakura. Taught me some valueable lessons for zoning constructively with Viper. . . honeslty I learn more getting my ass handed to me by him in half a dozen games with Viper than I had in the 1500 matches I'd played previously. I seriously recommend getting owned and eating humble pie to get a large lifesized helping of 'get the fuck better' haha! ~_~Y

Pjai

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 01, 2009, 04:15:00 PM
GGS!

Pjai: Good set of 10 vs you today my bro. Your Ryu is fearsome, I thought you really had my Sim sussed near the end there, my only advice would be to keep up the cross-up pressure once you get a knock down on Sim, as he has limited options for escaping said pressure, or maybe because my Sim is extra scrubby at this early stage ;) lol... hope to play you sometime soon, glad I could show some Viper skills as the connection was pretty decent for a 3 bar challenge :)

Cheers mate, were some good games today. I thought I had ur sim sussed too lol...
Hopefully I can put up a more decent fight vs Viper nxt time haha
Will need to work on my Chun too, she is not coping well under pressure