• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: Skullator on August 01, 2009, 10:11:32 AM
Beasted his gief 3-2 (thats with one draw game)

Down to the wire against his sim in all 4 games, I was tired and playing like a scrub due to not knowing him well and jumped onto his ultra in the final round of two games lol.

Lost to his sim 1-3, but final round and low life each time as I recall.

I never play it safe when learning how to play people any more.
Get a feel for what to dodge.
Don't be scared from the get go ;]

Well colour me impressed. Kev's Gief is probably the hardest non-Hue Ryu challenge among the kiwi guys that you're gonna face athe tourney coming up. . . that's both worrying (for me) and exciting (for you) if you can stand toe to toe with that beastly bowzer. Well done :)

CoffinDrop1

And the GG awards go to...

iMagneto. A quick games a good game. Cheers for the short set. Rufus mirror was fun. One of my daughters needed tending to so had to jump off for a bit. Catch up again soon. Always good to play you.

Hydro. Had no answers for Viper last night. Was good to have one win amongst the barrage of losses however your tactics have adapted to my style of honda play and I could find many openings. Claw was tuff as usual. Thought I would spam hundred hands to see if that countered his poke game but that didnt go too well lol.

Cheers all.

Skullator

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 01, 2009, 10:51:46 AM
Quote from: Skullator on August 01, 2009, 10:11:32 AM
Beasted his gief 3-2 (thats with one draw game)

Down to the wire against his sim in all 4 games, I was tired and playing like a scrub due to not knowing him well and jumped onto his ultra in the final round of two games lol.

Lost to his sim 1-3, but final round and low life each time as I recall.

I never play it safe when learning how to play people any more.
Get a feel for what to dodge.
Don't be scared from the get go ;]

Well colour me impressed. Kev's Gief is probably the hardest non-Hue Ryu challenge among the kiwi guys that you're gonna face athe tourney coming up. . . that's both worrying (for me) and exciting (for you) if you can stand toe to toe with that beastly bowzer. Well done :)

I'd forfeit to you cuz you made me!

Not many good players willing to go 35-0 without getting bored and bailing LOL
remember our first session viper vs chun 35-0 haha

CoffinDrop1

GG's this morning.

Geneterror. It's been a while since we had a sesh if I remember correctly. Was really good to play ya and cos it was early I was able to get in a few more games than I normally would (without the kids around lol)

Sakura. Your Sakura was good and I noticed that you started targeting that close up game which can be a weak spot for Honda at times - well for me anyway. Some of the Sakura's I have played before make life difficult with a tight zoning game shutting off Honda's jump ins. That would probably be the only thing I picked up with your style - I didnt feel as shut down for jump ins as I have with other Sakura players. Your combos were tight though and some solid juggles coming through as well.

Abel. I was rapt that you played Abel as I hardly get any match time against him. He was fairly solid too as I got skooled a few times when you chose him.

Balrog. Always love that match up. I've been trying to get more oicho throws in against Balrog trying to time them as he launches into his power punches but it aint working out very well lol. Was good to face your Boxer again very solid there.

Well that all I have to say for now - gotta start cleaning my house and get some Sunday breakfast up in here.

Thanks for the training again and catch up soon.

Skullator

I'm on PC\PS3 all day today if anyones up for it
If you get ignored its because im on the other one lol :$!

CptMunta

GGs Ash,

Your Viper is getting alot better, alot harder to read than she used to be. I pretty much gave up on Long's Rekka combos thanks to the lagg spikes. Good for footie practice though.

Random select was fun as always. :)
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

geneterror

Quote from: Skullator on August 02, 2009, 11:20:45 AM
I'm on PC\PS3 all day today if anyones up for it
Hopefully I'll be on soon, I'll have to send you the invite I've been meaning to for a while now.
KOW 2011

primebeef

Geneterror: thanks for the games last night. Had a couple of epic battles (wiffed a couple of ultras that cost me too  :( )

Sorry I didnt come back on for BlazBlue I had to help the GF out with her building project grrr.

geneterror

ggs on the weekend to CoffinDrop and primebeef.

Cofindrop: you have improved in leaps and bounds bro. Good to see you stuck with Honda!
I could smell blood when I realised that Honda was stuggling at close range with the overhead mixups etc which is why I was rushing so much. But man you really shut down my air game in that last fight and destroyed me, I'm keen as for a rematch haha.
You almost never throw out random butt-drops which is good to see, if you want to work on that Boxer matchup a bit just let me know and I'll choose him for 5 games in a row or something if you want.

primebeef: Always ggs bro, no worries about not getting back on I was pretty busy packing anyway. I prob shouldn't have stayed on that long anyway haha.
That Blankas got heaps better and you hit with the Ultra more often that most. I can show you a couple of mean mixups with him next time you're over that will help your pressure game a bit.
KOW 2011

CoffinDrop1

Thanks for the feedback Geneterror.

SUNDAY
GG's also to Skull - your Chun was too good for me. Best I've played. You have a really good sytle of play for Chun in that you know how to keep the pressure on at mid to close range shutting down my options with fireball and flip kick shenanigans.  Thanks for the training - gave me more to think about which is always good.

GG's to Ashurei - I've been wanting to play your Viper and it was good to finally do so. You got those combo's on lock brother! One mistake and it's punish time! Nice work. Same with Ryu. When you were pulling off the combo juggles with him I was like "this guys got his combo's sussed" Good to finally play ya and that last win you took was too tight and well deserved.

MONDAY
GG's to Crazy. The pace of your matches are faster than most if not all of the sessions I have. Great to play ya again tonight, I'm always learning and soaking it up when I play you. Thanks for the sparring. I definately have to learn how to counter your crouching LP x 2, heavy punch hurricane kick combo - it's like you can pull out of thin air lol. Shucks awesome session again.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

GGS to IMAGNETO, bro your bison is a staunch fucker mayn, but come on lets hear it, weazzy gots the phat chance at winning puny tourny. 
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

iMagneto

Quote from: weazzyefff on August 04, 2009, 12:53:14 AM
GGS to IMAGNETO, bro your bison is a staunch fucker mayn, but come on lets hear it, weazzy gots the phat chance at winning puny tourny. 

haha an epic battle comeback!~ LOL ur sagat improving alot bro =) good job

Skullator

Magneto you and me need to get some more games in some time, I love that match up lol.

Coffin it's awesome you're still improving with your Honda mate!
I was expecting you to do what everyone else does and just switch to shoto after a couple months, but you have managed to impress ;]

Pinolicious

GG's ericsonau

Haven't played you in ages, but wow, mega improvement :o I need to step up my game!  That guile is tight!
<PSN> Kriselda

Ashe

thanks for the games hydro, although the lag was pretty bad ><

when you did ex seismo feint to avoid the wakeup bk, i yelled HOLY SHIT!! flipping genius man! i blame my wrongly timed ultras (or lack thereof) on the lag! heheh..

hope to play you again soon lagfree :D