• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

GGs coffin, yeah PS network keep kicking me off too.... catch up more.

Smoof.. dude fix ur connectin, I could play anyone but you!! check your firewall / anti virus -.-

Munta, GGs to nice rose, you abuse that slide tap and spin poke drill too much :D hope to play u more also.

iMagneto, we play tomorrow la, i was busy in match with others on ur invite

can't remember who else I played... too many actually haha, ggs!!!!
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Man haven't played online in what seems like ages, rusty as. Been spoil with offline battles lately.

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 22, 2010, 09:09:59 PM
ggs munta. Rose is fucking slippery. Shes quite cool in that she looks like she recovers a lot slower than she actually does. Thank god my mixups managed to carry me through. I need to read her frame data so i can approach that match a little less randomly in the future.

I dont even want to discuss those random games. Terrible luck on my end. Fun, but every time one started i was thinking 'Oh god anyone but this character'

And wtf honda? Im sitting there thinking 'the best thing for honda to do now will be to do (insert something that isnt a doos koi). So ill approach the match X way. *approaches match X way. eats headbutt* Wtf? Nevermind. Theres no way anyone would do that twice in that situation. *eats a headbutt* WTF?

I know the honda match pretty well, and 80% of that game went like that. >_> And even when i was expecting the headbutts i cocked up by being too slow on the s.hk, and only managed to airthrow ONE.

Man, i wouldve been out for your blood if i wasnt heading off for dinner. And sorry for throwing it at the end there. Missus was getting angry. :P It wouldve been an uphill slog for me anyways.

GG's man. Looking forward to more.

I know nothing about Fuerte, all I know is that if you hit him it hurts. I fell for the back run throw thingy everytime. I kept saying "Fuckin everytime" everytime I got hit by it. I have to learn more about fuerte since you have his offense down. You make it seem like there is a million and one options on wakeup, I really have to start looking for the cues. Most Fuerte's I run into just try and be random so I can just be random back for the win in damage.

Random matches were fun as. I got lucky character selection wise.

As for Honda. I spam Headbutts alot. Headbutting with weird timing is godlike. Those air throws looked badass.

Andy

Fucking schooled me hard. It was good though. Glad I got that win on Akuma. My only win in 10 games
I kept falling for dumb shit. Square jump tickthrows, random throws, focusing on my slides. Fucking hell. Was completely outclassed. The lagg spikes didn't help though, not that a 4 bar would have changed the outcome much, except for a few more teched throws here and there. Sagat vs Rose was good till I lost patience. Have to get schooled again learn from my mistakes, stop sliding wakeups, be careful with drills etc.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on February 22, 2010, 11:38:28 PM
I kept falling for dumb shit.

Welcome to the world of fighting Andy at SF4.

And as an addition to my previous post, i was surprised how effective soul throw was against my shit. A great tool against fuerte's wake up is just a simple backdash. Dodges tostadas, tortillas, fajitas, slides, shower kicks, throws, jabs, c.mk's, j.hp crossups, damn near everything, and puts you in a fairly advantageous position. Just dont abuse it. Fuerte just has to throw a 1/2 second delay into releasing his run option or doing whatever wakeup move he is attempting and youre back on the ground again.

Personally, Im pretty easy to read once you get used to me. For example:

• If im running towards you balls out, im probably going for a cross up splash, which i will PROBABLY follow up with ANOTHER crossup splash, particularly if i just need to chip you for the round.

• If i run and stop 1-2 character lengths away, im probably going for a meaty slide/f.mk. An easy FA if you see it coming. Just watch out for s.hk (hits twice. breaks focus) or a quick tortilla.

• If i corpse hop you with f.mk, even I dont know what im going to follow that up with. Think about whats been hitting you a lot in the match so far. Im probably going to go for that. I also like meaty slides. Probably the most common follow up to my corpse hop.

With rose, you might be able to use her EX soul spiral as another method of escape. I know you tagged me a few times with it as you were waking up. It looks like it will beat out my meatys, and POSSIBLY evade my splash/tortilla. Downside is that if it DOES evade the tortilla, it looks like i would have time to ultra on reaction before it recovers.

Since getting hit by the tortilla is bugging you, a nice easy counter to it is a jump back hp/hk. (probably best with rose's hp) If the fierce doesnt connect, then at worst youve escaped the tortilla. Just beware the recovery. 'safe tortilla' is dangerous because if fuerte whiffs, he recovers fast enough to either a) ultra/guac for a nice punish, or b) go for another mixup. And careful of the fakes as well. I LOVE run -> stop -> guac.

For the most part, a nice, safe offense is a good way to beat fuerte. Its why i have a lot of trouble with brodsta etc. Defensively, his options are slim. He has a great runaway game, but if youre pressuring him, hes only going to run into a corner. Poke him. Blockstrings. Cross him up. Against this, his best option is an EX backrun. EX backrun is great, but its limited in the sense that if he actually wants to punish you instead of escape, he can basically either splash or tortilla. If youre pressuring fuerte, and you see an EX run, and you BACKDASH, you have a REALLY high probability of coming out with an advantage. If he escapes, youre both on even ground. Now that he has breathing room he is probably thinking about how he is going to try to counter you. You know the holes in your offense better than him. What would YOU do now, if you were fighting yourself? Now you know what hes going to try. Beat his ass down. (Admittedly, this is how i approached your honda, and look how that turned out. Randomness works. Its great to throw into the mix from time to time.)

tl;dr: Lots of pressure. Dont underestimate your backdash.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Its seems to me that the PC scene of SF4 is way larger than PSN.. expecially in NZ AUS.
ON PC I can play a good 3-4 bar game from 12PM till about 2 AM daily and weekends even later on after 2 AM.

Only good thing about PSn for me now is to play our NZ scene guys, though the PC community is much larger in scale. Would really like to play many mroe of the PSN guys so jump on and teach me some stuff^^
Really hope to play this Brodsta that you guys mention, he seems to be a really worth learning player from.

Bill, I find it quiet fun playing your Furte as you seem to play better from home lawl. Hope we can have more gaem so you can teach me the matchup even more churrr

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on February 23, 2010, 08:12:03 AM
Bill, I find it quiet fun playing your Furte as you seem to play better from home lawl. Hope we can have more gaem so you can teach me the matchup even more churrr

Cheers man. To be honest, Your playstyle is really effective against fuerte/me in general. You throw out lots of safe aggressive pokes, but NOTHING reckless. And you read me pretty well when i actually start to get you on the back foot, which never helps. Im looking forward to more games with you too. I learn a lot more playing on PSN than i do at yifans. I think because at home i play more good people
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

I lvoe it when you do the mixups on me, as that is when I learn how to break out of it. And when I do It gives me a good feeling xD

Furte has got one of the best wakeup mix up and I need to learn to counter/ defend against such @$^@^$@@#* things as if I am able to do so, other chars mixup will be a lot easier to handle.

I play a lot different than Hue as he is very combo fiend -.- and pressure you to death if you're not careful.

samurai black

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 22, 2010, 09:09:59 PM
And sorry for throwing it at the end there. Missus was getting angry. :P

obviously she wanted some real life tostadas.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on February 23, 2010, 12:28:25 PM
obviously she wanted some real life tostadas.

Yea but after shes stunned my RSF doesnt seem to last very long. :(
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

thats when you bring out the el fuerte dynamite

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

anyone on tonight for some SF4?
I'll be on both PSN and PC from 6 PM - 10PM :)

PS: Graem(geneterror) sorry to let you play my 2 cousins yesterday xD as I was fixing up my second stick but they an't that bad I guess as they manage to get a few wins xD
hope to play you sometime when you get on again bro!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Might be on tonight. Might not. Depends what the missus is doing. Ill be on this afternoon for a good while. Probably playing bayonetta, but if anyones down for some SF4 feel free to chuck me a message.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Quote from: zosla on February 24, 2010, 08:11:51 AM
anyone on tonight for some SF4?
I'll be on both PSN and PC from 6 PM - 10PM :)

PS: Graem(geneterror) sorry to let you play my 2 cousins yesterday xD as I was fixing up my second stick but they an't that bad I guess as they manage to get a few wins xD
hope to play you sometime when you get on again bro!!!
All good bro, sorry I had to bail so soon. One of them was def a lot better than the other one.
Look forward to playing you soon bro.
KOW 2011

zos'la

Quote from: geneterror on February 24, 2010, 09:10:43 AM
All good bro, sorry I had to bail so soon. One of them was def a lot better than the other one.
Look forward to playing you soon bro.
yeah teh Sagay player was alot better, the Ryu was a bit scrubby lol, I had to jump in on the last round of the Gielf match after you anniliated him 2 rounds in a row and teach him how to play LOL.

geneterror

Haha yeah that threw me off heaps in the Zangief/Ryu match. I was wondering why the Ryu suddenly got heaps better after the 2nd round ???
Nice overheads on Geif using jump back feirce with Ryu! Also throwing me out of banishing fist on wakeup twice in a row :o

I thought I had the Sagat player in the first game but that damn juggle does to much damage :'(
Should have just chosen Zangief as soon as I saw Sagat ;D
KOW 2011