• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydro

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on January 20, 2011, 11:47:23 PM

And i evened things up with that ka-Took guy after you too. Everyone should add him. And he gave me more players he said was good  too - Shangtsung09 and  Luong_fu and hopefully you's already added this guy when i was raving about him..the mighty Yakult99 - Bloody good Sakura.

Shangtsung09 is on my friends list too, he's got a beast Bison, Sagat & Gouken. Really good. 4500+ pp. There's definitely still some powerhouse aus players online now that Brodie's made the shift to xbox.

Will be on tonight for matches so please invite if you see me as. :D

electric

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on January 20, 2011, 11:47:23 PM
Ayy gg's Electric bro. Too bad you can't make it to firstblood. You would have a good chance with all those mean mix ups you were doing. Man one knockdown. And i was getting mindfucked to oblivion.

Lots of damage too. That mk > hp, rekka thing fadc into ultra was getting me when i was trying to sk you to death hahah. You just need to look for my dash up throws. I was getting heaps. Were you failing your teching or going for something? Cos my throw in block strings was getting you heaps too.

On my part, i need to learn to block when you jump in. I just hold up, or mash BD, and that's how i kept getting combo'd. Wait till after the hp's ay. Then Bd. Or atleast after one lp or lk lol. Any other tips?

Yeah GG's bro - it's pretty frustrating fighting Bison... My game plan was to stay at about mid range and try land a sweep (which stopped working pretty quickly) or a step kick so I could apply that early pressure. I also figured out that at the beginning of the round, I can take a pretty good risk by focus dashing through your stand roundhouse and taking that free TT, but reading your poking patterns was pretty hard because I'm a slow dude lol.

The major problem I have with Bison though, is that even when I score that knock down, I can't really take that momentum and run with it - I have to just go random and hope for the best because I don't have any universal punishes for your reversal options, outside of Ultra (which I need to start fucking using to punish your shit lol) - I was trying EX Falling Sky toward the end for that fucking EX reverse of yours, but as you could tell I need to hit the lab for timing haha

The throw techs were part lag, part concentration dropping - I was also playing around with these freaky option select techs, but thinking about it now I don't think that was such a good idea (I was using low jab, short, forward xx CoD - If you throw, i'll tech, if you don't, low forward xx CoD) because that would have lost hard to low forward xx scissors, short short scissors etc.

As for tips, I think you're approaching it right - walking in/out of my poke range and whiff punishing my shit, getting that scissor pressure going and not letting up. Keep working those ambiguous cross ups and meaty psycho crushers, because even if I block them, my normals are all slow enough that they'll lose to low short pressure, and I'm generally reluctant to throw out reversals. Generally, your best wake up option is block, because I always option select my jump ins with a roll in case you reversal, then you end up wasting a bar (unless you did fucking EX devils reverse, which is free damage on me all day). Otherwise, backdash or works well too, and gives you a free throw punish on my OS'd roll.

Need more games with less lag bro - I developed some new theory technology on the train this morning haha
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

xkheretic

Quote from: electric on January 21, 2011, 09:43:46 AM
I developed some new theory technology on the train this morning haha

Did you share it with the other passengers?

electric

Quote from: [SAS]xkheretic on January 21, 2011, 10:36:01 AM
Did you share it with the other passengers?

Nah man, they're MY secrets. Learn Bison so I can smash you with them please.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Nick4now

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on January 21, 2011, 03:47:09 AM
And where the fuck is Ryuuk with his mic? Gets a mic and then goes and plays a totally outdated game. I'm disappointed.

Because SSFIV is outdated fool haha Let me know when AE is DLC  :P

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Chuckk

Quote from: [NIUE] weazzyefff on January 21, 2011, 03:47:09 AM
GG's CkL 10 and Yakult.

Those were some fun as hell games mane. See man i look after my NZism peeps. Hook them up with mean cats to play haha. That Yakult guys a beast ay. Plays with all the fucked as chars and beasts.

That's why i like playing that guy you learn pretty good matchups with him. T Hawk was doing the beasting hahaha. I was just about to switch to Bison to see how awful that match woulda been too before he gapped it haha.

Oh man, and his Sakura. faaaaarrk. That guy is the king of abusing 'stupid' shit hahaah. Neutral jump fucking damager. Empty jumping beeiiitchh. Sak is gdlk. Taught me how to bait and punish her stupidly gdlk c.HP. Cammy is cheap as hell. And his Gouken is the neutral jump king of spacing haha. A lot of our games looked like we trolling. Just neutral jump wars on lol.

Heaps of those games came down to the very wire and then he'd bust out something ruthless as and random as but also gdlk as haha.

CKL you need a mic. And where the fuck is Ryuuk with his mic? Gets a mic and then goes and plays a totally outdated game. I'm disappointed.

Hey sorry I've been ignoring those messages Weazzy, it's nothing personal but the only time I hop on Super is when a friend of mine and I want to play and we really aren't playing very seriously whatsoever so it'd be a waste of your time anyhow. Just thought I'd let you know I wasn't trying to be a stink cunt or anything.
RAP GAME MIKE MYERS

"It's only the 360 version that is late.  PS3 version will ship on time."

-Lenny

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Haha no worries bro. People ignore all the time. I knew you had a good excuse. Atleast i know who to delete now haaha nah jk.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Nick4now

hey Grame thanks for the MVC2 games. Getting a total hiding from you showed me how much I've got to learn haha Those combos that you were pulling off got me all excited despite the fact that I was on the receiving end  ;D I think I'm gonna do A LOT more training before I play you again.

GGs bro and again thanks for the games!

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

Hydro

GGS to katkit and jimmy_strings tonight. Played you both on my sons (Julian) psn account: Aronra.

Good games lads :D

Everyone please feel free to add us to your friends list: Aronra

jimmy

Quote from: [PF]Hydrokinesis on January 25, 2011, 09:21:51 PM
GGS to katkit and jimmy_strings tonight. Played you both on my sons (Julian) psn account: Aronra.

Good games lads :D

Everyone please feel free to add us to your friends list: Aronra

HAAH I KNEW IT!

I was watching AUS replays after those games and noticed a certain other Rose who would drum on the buttons during throw animation. "That's familiar!" I thought to myself :D Strange how we all have our own little tells... ;)

btw your rose destroyed my dudleys confidence  :'(
'Mains' Dudley

geneterror

ggs on BB:CS last night. You kicked my ass at the start there but I started warming up towards the end. Sorry I had to go didn't realise how late it was.

Any feedback would be appreciated, keen for more games.
KOW 2011

Hydro

Gonna be online tonight from about 7:30pm. Pls invite if you see me, keen for battles. :D

Hydro

GGs tonight Simon. Sorry for no mic, run outta batteries as. Great to play you again brother, solid Guile and Scary Blanka as usual.
Apologies for my Fei, is still very scrubtastic. Play again soon :D

CrazyMobius

Yeah GGS. Connection wasn't too bad tonight. I love Guile's new alt 3 costume.