• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Quote from: geneterror on February 24, 2011, 09:04:53 AM
ggs last night Simon. Hulksmash!

I thought of a lot of advice after your msg last night but it's probably to much to try and cover in one post. We'll have to hook up soon and have a jam, see you at Ranbats this Friday?

Working late this month so no ranbats for me. I got your message. Some good advice. One thing I noticed was after an air combo against your Wolverine I seemed to get launched up for another air combo again. Did I get bounced from the first one?

geneterror

Yeah you did get relaunched and there are a few chars that can do that so you need to have a look at some of the vids floating around at the moment. There is a good one on iplaywinner at the moment of Buktooth playing Dog where he does the same thing. There are also some good examples in the Wednesday Night Fights videos that are being posted everywhere.

Wolverines down.C dive kick put's you in bounce state when it hit's in the air. So the bnb combo I'm using at the moment is ground combo into S launcher > air combo ending in drill claw into divekick this will cause the bounce. Usually after the bounce I relaunch into another air combo ending in air super. Your other option after the bounce is to just do st.C into super. Either can then be cancelled into another characters super, in my case Hulks Gamma crush for massaive damage.

The crazy thing about that combo that is you start the fight with 1 bar so normally you can't DHC one super into another straight away. But that combo is so long that by the time you get to the relaunch air combo into super after the bounce you have done enough to earn a full super bar so even if I hit you right at the start of the round I will be able to combo ending in a DHC to Hulk :o
KOW 2011

Pjai

how to play MvC3 lol too many shits on the screen ahah

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Pjai on February 24, 2011, 10:41:48 AM

uh...you sure you didn't pick up a copy of Mfece3 by mistake?

zos'la

Quote from: Pjai on February 24, 2011, 10:41:48 AM

we think alike :P
meh, I really don't find it impressive nor challenging...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[8-----D] Toots

Hmmm thats quite a statement Andy

Does that mean you could beat anyone on nzism in mvc3?

I think this game is ALOT more challenging than sf4 due to how open the game system is. Do I think its a good game? Not sure yet

electric

Quote from: [8-----D] Toots on February 24, 2011, 11:27:41 AM
I think this game is ALOT more challenging than sf4 due to how open the game system is. Do I think its a good game? Not sure yet

I think this sums it up pretty well for me too

This game is MUCH harder - but god damn it's fun
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The combos are easier I think, but actually playing the game has a lot more variables than SF4, and that's where the difficulty lies. A lot of people aren't actually seeing that yet.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Pinolicious

Quote from: [NIUE] BIRRY WONG on February 24, 2011, 02:32:11 PM
The combos are easier I think, but actually playing the game has a lot more variables than SF4, and that's where the difficulty lies. A lot of people aren't actually seeing that yet.

Or they refuse to see it cause they just base the game difficulty on how hard it is to dial a combo.
<PSN> Kriselda

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Pinolicious on February 24, 2011, 04:22:31 PM
Or they refuse to see it cause they just base the game difficulty on how hard it is to dial a combo.

Fucking Tekken players.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Marvel 3 is way easier than SSF4 imo atm. But i think it's better game cos you can do so much cool shit without worrying about getting punished and shit.

I might be playing a scrubby team but still.

X factor kinda ruins it though. YOu could waste the other guy. Then he x factor. So he kill your other 2 chars with ease with sentinel. Now you's are back to reset the match. Then you x factor. Then you have advantage but u still lose cos other guy x factored you and your dead.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Chocobuny

A joyous day for me! Had my first ragequit!

Guy called xiiKhRyStAaLz--x

Beat his guile easily, then about 30 mins later I find him again and he brings in his 6k point bison. He eats everything I do, and since I have him almost perfected in the second game when I lose connection. Ahahahahah I feel so pro : P

Ridethelightning

Haha, I couldn't beat his Bison. :(

Damn you Choco, you're too godlike :D

Chocobuny

I think he was just feelin a bit down. Been talkin to him for last 30 mins and just giving him some tips and such. Hooray for friendships from SSF4!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zos'la on February 24, 2011, 11:16:54 AM
we think alike :P
meh, I really don't find it impressive nor challenging...

Maybe so. But everyone is now playing it. That won't change in a hurry.