• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

PSN Good Games and feedback thread.

Started by geneterror, April 27, 2009, 10:29:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Quote from: samurai black on March 10, 2011, 12:14:57 PM
just beast eru.

This is Impossible.

BTW with she-hulk is there any point in doing the full drop kick super? I always end after the second hit and launch again for more damage. I only really use the full one if Im going to dhc into dog/storm. Just wondering if it puts you in a better position or something.

samurai black

dont listen to josh, he gets disruptor'd like a bitch  ;D

karizzma

Quote from: samurai black on March 10, 2011, 12:49:45 PM
dont listen to josh, he gets disruptor'd like a bitch  ;D

Ya and then after the match bill tells me what I should have done.... Damn you Bill

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If I yell it at you during the match, your opponent knows what youre trying to do in advance and counter plays you, so you lose anyway. Youre better off fighting the battle yourself, then hearing it afterward so you can apply it properly next time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

karizzma

I guess. Im now better for it though.. I just need to get good at this game now.

CptMunta

I think my main issue is execution. I find offline it alot easier to land stuff I've practiced.

Also I don't think I have enough decent set of tool either. I only have rad easy 100% corner combo that requires 3 meters and X Factor. Need to get some mic battles with you Ammy Doomers and get some tricks.

I can make scrubs rage but higher level dudes with team synergy it's like watch Point and assists get hit then watch the pretty colours till the KO screen.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: CptMunta on March 10, 2011, 01:15:49 PM
I think my main issue is execution. I find offline it alot easier to land stuff I've practiced.

Sounds like your issue is online. The online for this game is balls. Its not worth judging execution on it.

Also I don't think I have enough decent set of tool either. I only have rad easy 100% corner combo that requires 3 meters and X Factor. Need to get some mic battles with you Ammy Doomers and get some tricks.

I have 2 bnb's with each character. One Midscreen and one corner. I use different enders depending on how much meter I have. You dont really need anything else in terms of combos. Just know your hitconfirms at different ranges. Biggest thing with Doom/Dog is movement. Theyre both really mobile, but neither of them is mobile in the conventional sense. You absolutely need to learn how to utilise their movement tools. Additionally, theyre both really versatile. You dont have to rush down. Theyre awesome characters because you can change the dynamic of the fight at your leisure. You win by controlling the game, not necessarily by lolling them with some retarded combo. Unless youre sent.

I can make scrubs rage but higher level dudes with team synergy it's like watch Point and assists get hit then watch the pretty colours till the KO screen.

Who's your third? Doom/Dog is plenty good, but it needs a decent AA like tron/haggar/hulk in case the opponent gets in on them. Doom is a big target, and isnt super quick. (Not slow though by any means) Dog isnt as easy to hit, but has sweet fuck all health, so dies after one combo to a lot of the cast.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Snake you are too good. Leave me in a mash panic. Was rocking a win streak to you came along ggs sir.

Thanks for the tips Bill. 8D I'll keep you posted as to how I go. Thinking of having Ammy third for x factor but level 3 x factor doom is crazy fast!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The dog actually gains fuck all from X factor compared to other characters. She gets 0 speed increase and her damage only goes up like 50%. (I don't have the bradygames guide handy but i think the numbers are something like that. Shes not a good choice to save x factor for imo. The best way for her to use it is to pop it after a f.H string to make sure she kills the character shes attacking. Honestly, thats damn near the only good way for her to use it effectively.

Doom is a far better choice. Who was your point character again?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

I did ok at mashups and held my own with Ammy, Doom, Ryu in that order. I think my doom needs work but I'm getting better pushing people to the corner with Ammy and DHCing into upward blast with doom. Also getting better pressure by learning when to press assist. I think online is frustrating me the most. Slowly but surely :)

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Heres what I would do.

Doom last. And rock the hidden missiles. Ammy or Ryu order doesnt really make much difference. Maybe chuck ammy on bloom assist and start ryu. Then just build meter with runaway and ammy assist to blast everyone with shinkuu hadoukens. Unleash the super when you see them flinch. Bloom isnt REALLY necessary, but if you use it right you will basically always have meter. Which is awesome when youre playing Ryu.

Basically, run away, shoot fireballs, call doom. If you get in, start calling ammy when your doing your L air tatsu shenanigans with ryu. Gameplan here is that if you see an enemy assist, or if the doom missiles tag them, you charge up your kamehameha and burn off their face.

If you find you get low on meter, call ammy and cover her with either fireballs or tatsu pressure.

If you get down to Ammy/Doom, pushing them to the corner is awesome, but dont be super eager to DHC into doom unless you'll kill something. You dont want the dog in last. Her damage isnt SUPER high on its own, but its not terrible. And in the corner you get a myriad of bullshit that she can bust out on point. There are exceptions to this though. For example, if the dog has heaps of red life, I would get her out of there and heal that shit up. And since you have pushed them to the corner, thats where doom starts the rape party. Thing is, if doom gets killed, youre in trouble. If ammy gets killed, youve got KFC doom. Which is formiddable.

Ammy and Ryu work well as point chars because theyre free to DHC into each other safely whenever they want, and you can score some decent damage if you tag an assist with doom missiles and just burn your meter. Just make sure youre building meter like a fiend, since ammy/ryu with no meter cant really hurt you, but they can exert reasonable control from almost anywhere on the screen thanks to their various tools (ammy stances/paper, ryu tatsu/fireball)

I think doom missiles is the best assist for this team personally, but all his assists could work with it reasonably well. Ammy on bloom for the meter, but if you find youre having trouble controlling the match, you might want to swap in cold star. Bloom isnt necessary, but the meter really REALLY helps ryu. Ryu im not so sure about since I dont have the guide with me to look at his assist properties. His fireball has lots of durability, and if his tatsu works like akumas then thats also a good bet (but as i say im not sure about that). I think as long as you dont use shoryuken. It blows.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Snake1337

GG ryuuk buddy what was it like 50-60 matches nd i think i only just won 20 lol, i swear another lot and i may have only gotten another 5 if i was lucky. Trying to land a snap back to stop d phoenix was hard with the haggar lariat there and those mag combos were awesome, gave me lots to think about hence why im writing this at 4am lol, but looking foward to more fights, MVC3 is so awsomely crazy.
I'D LIKE SOME POUND CAKE!

Nick4now

GGs bro! I think you did well, it's just that tri-jumps are pretty much impossible to block on reaction online... Which is the only reason why I was hitting you with Mags imo. Fuck you almost got a perfect on me too and killed me with 89 left on the timer hahaha

I think your Zero air-dash mixup with Taskmaster assist is really effective! Without Haggar assist it's reeaally hard to block/counter that. You had the right idea as to how to beat Phoenix. Snapping her in and then going for your Zero/Taskmaster assist mixup did wonders and always lead to Phoenix dying since I can't call out Haggar lol

You were also impatient in some of the games that you could've won if you lamed it out. I think in one game you had two characters left and I only had Phoenix with lvl 5. You hit me with a nice combo and instead of leaving it unfinished you killed me to bring out Dark Phoenix lol It may be lame but I think it would've been wiser just to runaway and win by time out without bringing out Dark Phoenix :D

Good playing you man, I might be online again later tonight but we'll see.

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

HoneyBadger

ggs Nick and Graeme. Sorry I had to leave so abruptly, missus activated KFC level 3
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

geneterror

ggs Smoof. I thought you had my number at the start but I just needed to be a bit more patient getting in. This game provides such awesome lol moments as your whole team gets wiped out by one KFC Sent ;D
By the way Smoof cheers for letting me copy all your Sent tactics :-*, I only picked up Sent last week as backup for Tron and that was good practice.

ggs Snakey. Damn I struggle with Zero rushdown and that crossup/mixup with him and Taskmaster is awesome. You need a new combo, I'm sick of seeing that relaunch into air combo into Zero super :'(

Play you guys again soon ;D
KOW 2011