• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

The next "Grind Session"

Started by Lennysaurus, April 29, 2009, 11:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Okay guys.  Here goes.

The next grind session is going to be on the 30th of May.  Details as follows:

Date: 30th May
Time: 12 noon till 6 PM
Place: RVB K' Road
Cost: $5-00 per person

Couple of extra things to note.  There will be a big anouncement at this grind session.  And I cant stress that enough.  Also it looks like we will be getting a reporter to come along and do a story on our community.  Great chance for some positive spin and marketing.

I am happy to bring my wii and my two wii sticks for TVC along to this event, provided that people will turn up and play it.  Joekage, Ben, Simon is it worth me bringing it or should we just stick to SF4?

Also can we make sure we bring enough sticks hard drives etc.  I will set up a checklist soon for everyone to view which will show if we have enough hardware for 5 stations.

Finally, could one of our talented artists desiagn a poster for us again please?  When this is completed Ill set up a new thread and begin operation spam forums like a madman.

GET HYPE!!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

iMagneto

also should bring mvc2 online ps3 as well, if its out by then.. ill bring my sticks when livewire get them in stock this week, as they surpose too, and yea mvc2 reborn =)

gunsmoke

Madman ya........

Can't wait to play TVC.....Kururu very good at Megaman . As Joekage very good at top tier...

MVC2 reborn ? ......cant wait to play da Demo too.....
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

zos'la

guys this is a good chance to show our community so try to be there as the reporter will be expecting many of us.
ALso as noted we will have a announcement during this tounry i promise :) and i am sure you all will love it.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Don't forget there is that 3 day event called xLan that people could be saving up for and preparing to attend.  Because, you know.... there is going to be a SFIV tourny there that's all official.  And other fighting games, so why is it that only a few have put down there names?  :(

Just like fluxcore said, why are you NOT coming to xlan?  There was alot of interest for it early but now that has died off.  Sorry for asking but it's two months away so we should be able to make solid numbers.  >:(

Also, sorry Lenny for going on my rant in your "non-homo" grind session thread ;)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

geneterror

I not I'm not going to Xlan because it's to expensive, at that price I was never going to be able to go. I have a wedding to pay for.
KOW 2011

stereomonkey

Sorry Geneterror, I should have mentioned something about the people who have not already explain why.

Off topic, weddings + economic crisis =  :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on April 29, 2009, 11:00:36 PM

Finally, could one of our talented artists desiagn a poster for us again please? 

Can I volunteer for that? Just let me know a deadline and what details you need. Also dimenions etc.

Cool.

geneterror

What program are you going to use Simon? If it's Photoshop make sure you are working on the poster at 300dpi. 72dpi is OK for web but I will print more at my work again and these need to be 300dpi preferably with 3mm bleed and crop marks. Work on it at A3 (297x420mm) becasue it's easy to scale down to make A6 flyers but near impossible to scale up the other way without losing quality.
KOW 2011

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on April 30, 2009, 10:55:25 AM
What program are you going to use Simon? If it's Photoshop make sure you are working on the poster at 300dpi. 72dpi is OK for web but I will print more at my work again and these need to be 300dpi preferably with 3mm bleed and crop marks. Work on it at A3 (297x420mm) becasue it's easy to scale down to make A6 flyers but near impossible to scale up the other way without losing quality.

er yeah what he said!

Um as soon as you can is the deadline.  Basically once the poster is finished and confirmed I will start advertising.

Grab the details from the first post, and be creative with the rest I guess.

zos'la

Xlan has not confirmed prized nor it is OFFICIAL as WCG is not hosting SF4 as one of the games.

We in the other hand are in the process of making an OFFICIAL NZ Tournament for SF4 adn this one will be BIG, trust me. :)

oh and reason for me for not paying up yet for xLan is because I don't know if I can have 3 whole days of games... my GF will prolly be beserk if I tell her I'm playing games for three whole days :P hehe
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on April 30, 2009, 11:07:59 AM
Xlan has not confirmed prized nor it is OFFICIAL as WCG is not hosting SF4 as one of the games.

We in the other hand are in the process of making an OFFICIAL NZ Tournament for SF4 adn this one will be BIG, trust me. :)

oh and reason for me for not paying up yet for xLan is because I don't know if I can have 3 whole days of games... my GF will prolly be beserk if I tell her I'm playing games for three whole days :P hehe

Someone needs to powder up their pimp slapping hand!

fluxcore

You don't actually have to stay the whole time, you're not locked in there or anything :)

Gino and I left a day early last time. We'll need to get out and about a bit, because you go a bit crazy being in there for too long periods at a stretch.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on April 30, 2009, 12:11:04 PM

I was kinda hoping that a few of us could sneak off to a bar one night.

Or even go to valentines as a big group.  Thatd be cool.

You don't actually have to stay the whole time, you're not locked in there or anything :)

Gino and I left a day early last time. We'll need to get out and about a bit, because you go a bit crazy being in there for too long periods at a stretch.

HoneyBadger

Pussies. I can poon in there for liek evarr. Hopefully someone hosts a WoW PvP server so I can rip some asses =P On a side note, does anyone wanna enter the PC CoD4 comp? ><
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA