• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Quote from: massi4h on June 08, 2010, 03:52:55 PMBut getting past the now faster sonic boom spam must be hard.
All the reasons you put but this one especially. I hate the Guile match now although I kinda always did, it can be hard to get in on him because of all the bloody sonic booms and getting baited into jumping then BAM air throw or cr.HP.
You can try and set up scissor kick pressure but they will start throwing sonic booms again and will either win out or trade which both kill your momentum. Than I get impatient and jump, which means eating a cr.HP for jumping haha. Need to play Simon and Bevan more to work on the matchup.
KOW 2011

DVS

Haven't played too many Bisons...but from what I have seen his Psycho Crusher when timed and spaced right can punish projectiles by passing through them, Honda & Dictator seem to have a similar principle I think...Bison EX P.Crusher is also much better....his Teleport is also fairly good when used right, I guess you wana get in close without jumping too much and link his weak attacks into scissors....also bait them with throwing multiple scissors sometimes and teleporting other times...you want Guile to try and flash kick you so you can punish...also that U2 is pretty good when you are sure they are going to sonic boom -but again Guiles recovery is pretty awesome......Bison is much better in super, but then again..... so is Guile...

Most good Bisons I've played against try to keep the pressure on up close and bait your "get the fuck of me" moves....

like Geneterror said watch out for Guiles anti-airs, that cr.Hp is fucking godlike
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Rorooze

Good guiles won't flash kick like the scrub guiles in ranked. learnt this the hard way today

:(

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Id say guiles recovery after a boom is fast enough to block a psycho crusher that absorbs it.

I would speculate that the best thing to do is to eat a flash kick through your pressure a couple of times, so that you know when one is coming, and then bait one out and go for a big damage punish.

And if youre quick enough, you should be able to U2 as you see the boom startup, which is a nice chunk of damage for you. This takes a fair bit of reading though. So defintely keep an eye on when he likes to boom relative to where you are and what youre doing.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Not saying it's impossible, but looking at the frame data, you have 6 frames to do your ultra from when you see the boom (light). You get 16 for EX though which seems legit to be reacting to.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck 6 frames. Yea thats borderline impossible. Though reading the pattern certainly helps, i really shouldnt condone the use of a 'psychic' ultra.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 08, 2010, 02:23:20 PM
Cheers rumble, thanks for the match up experience.  NOW I know you cannot punish:

-Sonic Boom
-Ultra 2

with Bison very well. Does anyone have any ideas on what the matchup is like for Bison vs Guile?

Yeah ggs stu, looking forward to some more matches vs bison. Yeah I tend to do U2 on wakeup and get it to hit on its last frames and keep the pressure up but bison's teleport stuffs up that idea now. The best option for guile i think is to zone zone zone.
Bison's U2 caught me twice trying to jump in on wakeup, thinking it will cross me up but no, psycho owned.

GGs also to Rorooze after out tourney match.
You let me get away with alot of focusing. But your headbutt caught me trying to walk behind my booms a few times it took me a while to stop doing that. Same goes with you Stu doing EX psychos through them, catching me off guard.

Have to stop walking up behind my booms expecting a free hit after..
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

DVS

GG's to Stu and Mason last night.....

Was waching Buda play in the tourney and managed to have a few battles against Mason in Endless.....I was Rose...was playing like a scrub tho, damn is there any character you don't use??? That Cammy match up cracked me up...was suprized that the FADC into U1 links so well.....was thanking my lucky stars that it's not full animation...was expecting more Hooligan Combination action but was happy you didn't abuse it  :P

Was also a crack up watching you toy with that Camino (Ryu) dude or whatever his name was...that EX Hado FADC U1 was tasty...Buda and I were like "OOOOoooow" Will be online on Thursday if anyones down for a game....if you haven't added me already do so: DVSFIST  ;D

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 08, 2010, 06:02:30 PM
Fuck 6 frames. Yea thats borderline impossible. Though reading the pattern certainly helps, i really shouldnt condone the use of a 'psychic' ultra.

Even a psychic ultra will not catch Guile.  I was testing it out in training last night with Guile performing sonic booms then jump straight after.  Couldn't catch him at all. :(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

DVS

Quote from: stereomonkey on June 09, 2010, 11:04:18 AM
Even a psychic ultra will not catch Guile.  I was testing it out in training last night with Guile performing sonic booms then jump straight after.  Couldn't catch him at all. :(

In match (In a Guile Mirror) I predicted a sonic boom at close range - I activated U1 almost at the exact same second and was blocked by the other Guile....I think his recover is non existant......I used to be able to hurricane through from just out of sweep distance in vanilla....haven't been using Ryu much and haven't given it a go in super yet.....

He might have slightly more recovery after an EX boom....but not much more....usually by the time he sez "boom" he's safe.  I think to counter a boom the move almost has to be in motion already as he's about to throw it....

Skullator

I can Chun ultra1 (7Frames) through booms all day ;]
It is lightning quick recovery by comparison to most projectiles, I think DeeJays and Cody's are quick too.

Guile's Sonic Hurricane is 8 frames start up, so you should be able to do that trade but you will have to be fast.

Rorooze

Quote from: Skullator on June 09, 2010, 04:17:00 PM
I can Chun ultra1 (7Frames) through booms all day ;]
It is lightning quick recovery by comparison to most projectiles, I think DeeJays and Cody's are quick too.

Guile's Sonic Hurricane is 8 frames start up, so you should be able to do that trade but you will have to be fast.

yeah but cody's startup is retarded.

Skullator

Can somebody check how many BP the rank 1 chun on X360 has?

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

Skullator