• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gankatron

GG's Rumba/B Boy/Alan

Very very nice claw Al  :) Got me ass kicked good.

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: JackSmash on June 22, 2010, 09:21:56 PM

Sorry B Boy, i had to shoot off. :( till next time.

Quote from: Gankatron on June 23, 2010, 12:08:03 AM

GG's Rumba/B Boy/Alan.

... :o...oh what!? that was you guys tonight  ??? ...
Faaark...honestly...even though I got toasted...I feel a little bit of relief knowing who I was up against.
Straight up...you guys held it down in Aus and I feel honored to get some games with you guys!!!

...sorry I was in and out...My girl is @ night school straight after work and I was tryna get dinner made for her...do some trials...and play you guys...

...I'm keen for more learning guys!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: JackSmash on June 22, 2010, 12:41:00 PM
Man i think ive played someone JUST like that...............................

This is why you're S rank.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

samurai black

Quote from: electric on June 22, 2010, 12:05:03 PM
Sounds like MY Akuma :/
whatever, last time i played your akuma it was all jump back air fireball.

i'm still salty.

fluxcore

ggs lenny/stu

sorry stu if I left abruptly, I think lenny dropping sent my router into a spin or something because I had to restart it :o
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

Sweet as, I had a couple of games with drew and then retired.  I wanna learn a new character but at the same time I don't :(

Late ggs for those who played marvel on monday, was great. Man, I was raging so hard on my execution/stick problems it was not funny.  Sometimes I really loath online too... :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The 360 Marvel port sucks so much ass.

Opponent jumps towards you. you PHYSICALLY SEE YOUR COUNTER ATTACK WITHIN THEIR VULNERABLE AREA, indicating that the move is ACTUALLY HITTING THEM. And you get thrown a good half a second after seeing this.

Opponent is sitting at other end of the screen, dashes in, calls assist, and dashes back. That would be totally fine, if it werent for the framerate than manages to SKIP SHOWING THE DASH ALTOGETHER, so that you dont see the opponent move at all, but an assist appears right in front of your face and hits you.

Airdash over opponent, they call psylocke. To be fair, psylocke should hit, but it appears that it hasnt, and you have landed on the other side and crossed them up. You WATCH THE PSYLOCKE WHIFF, but then the game decides, oh wait, i did that wrong, so moves your character back to where he shouldve been hit. Ultimately, you end up where you SHOULD be, but seeing the opposite is pretty fucking retarded.

Every time i play this shit i discover something that makes me hate the port just a little bit more.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 24, 2010, 01:54:06 PM
The 360 Marvel port sucks so much ass.

Opponent jumps towards you. you PHYSICALLY SEE YOUR COUNTER ATTACK WITHIN THEIR VULNERABLE AREA, indicating that the move is ACTUALLY HITTING THEM. And you get thrown a good half a second after seeing this.

Opponent is sitting at other end of the screen, dashes in, calls assist, and dashes back. That would be totally fine, if it werent for the framerate than manages to SKIP SHOWING THE DASH ALTOGETHER, so that you dont see the opponent move at all, but an assist appears right in front of your face and hits you.

Airdash over opponent, they call psylocke. To be fair, psylocke should hit, but it appears that it hasnt, and you have landed on the other side and crossed them up. You WATCH THE PSYLOCKE WHIFF, but then the game decides, oh wait, i did that wrong, so moves your character back to where he shouldve been hit. Ultimately, you end up where you SHOULD be, but seeing the opposite is pretty fucking retarded.

Every time i play this shit i discover something that makes me hate the port just a little bit more.

do you play on the ps3?

fluxcore

That just sounds like rollback netcode issues due to lag...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Barnstorm on June 24, 2010, 02:03:02 PM
do you play on the ps3?

The PS3 version has all the same problems, but i find it even laggier than 360.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Barnstorm

Ok i heard ps3 was slightly better due to the start not lagging but that may have been b4 update

but i think all the problems are netcode related
most noticable with a tri jump(diagonally down/forward teleport)

[NIUE]iRONSoL

i notice lag when picking characters, and dunno if it was the setup or what but last time at giga it felt like inputs were getting dropped >:(

i must be too quick for the xbox :D
pringles

Lennysaurus

Quote from: iRONsoL on June 24, 2010, 04:06:38 PM
i notice lag when picking characters, and dunno if it was the setup or what but last time at giga it felt like inputs were getting dropped >:(

i must be too quick for the xbox :D

Nah  you guys are all scrubs.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

I'm pretty sure I already linked the 'known issues for mvc2 current-gen ports' somewhere. Basically both ports are all fucked up anyway. Check srk if you care.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

You all misread my post. Basically what i was TRYING to say was:

GG's Lenny.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.