• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scribble

Quote from: [FB] WICK3D WAYZ on November 17, 2010, 10:45:27 AM
returning to the street fighter scene.......soon ;D

Mean :)

Quote from: massi4h on November 17, 2010, 11:21:09 AM
Yeah Josh those games were awesome.

Also GGs to Scribble last night. Garrghh I hate Adon.

GGs bro, I'll use more Ibuki next time then lol. I just find switching between offline and online with her more difficult. Gotta get used to it though I guess. Also ggs Andy, shame about the lag though.

"I hope the Yama Kings have mercy upon your soul, for I shall not" - Hsien-Ko

zos'la

:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (:( :(: (: (
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

jpb123

shout out to flowchart kens! GGs

I forgot they names :(

Thinking of picking up E. Honda. anyone main him? I need helpz!

IR U IM B IL E

Quote from: jpb123 on November 17, 2010, 03:02:17 PM
shout out to flowchart kens! GGs

I forgot they names :(

Oh easy. Thats Jack  :P
"...there's a big difference between winging it and seeing what happens. Now let's see what happens."

JackSmash

Dafid

oooo ooo I flowchart ken! good playing you too. god i have no idea how to play against honda. actually i dont know many match ups at all ... Fierce DP your way to victory!

xpunch

Quote from: Dafid on November 17, 2010, 04:30:19 PM
oooo ooo I flowchart ken! good playing you too. god i have no idea how to play against honda. actually i dont know many match ups at all ... Fierce DP your way to victory!

ggs the otherday bro, you got them crispy (blacksta ninja) links down, which are always cool to see. You don't play like a flowcharter tho.

Dafid

Quote from: xpunch on November 17, 2010, 09:19:10 PM
ggs the otherday bro, you got them crispy (blacksta ninja) links down, which are always cool to see. You don't play like a flowcharter tho.

yeah bro ggs. i talk up the flowchart thing mostly but jumping is a ridiculous habit to break! that was your dudly right? cant remember the fights ive had recently so well coz ive been making up for 2 months of lost time! i let my friend borrow my xbox for 2 months and i missed SSF4 so bad haha.

good to see alot of solid players on tho. i feel bad that i only know how to use ken (and some half assed rose and zangief) and the people ive been playing lately can play everyone! hope it doesnt piss people off that i only focus on one toon :P

electric

Quote from: Dafid on November 18, 2010, 12:56:36 AMhope it doesnt piss people off that i only focus on one toon :P

Nah G - one character is sweet as... I used to be in the same boat, but now I play a few different chars just to get different perspectives on match ups. I think once you're comfortable with one character and you feel like you know what they're capable of, it's easy to get tunnel vision. Playing a range of characters helps keep your approach to the game limber - even if it's just casually... no one is demanding that you play 10 different characters at a tournament :D
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

jpb123

Quote from: Dafid on November 17, 2010, 04:30:19 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLU5xCO1ss&feature=player_embedded

Kara shoryukens... I seen it all now :(

Dafid

Quote from: jpb123 on November 18, 2010, 02:26:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qLU5xCO1ss&feature=player_embedded

Kara shoryukens... I seen it all now :(

Those are crazy. wouldnt you have to link the step kick from the standing strong to even initiate the kara shoryuken into those combos? unfortunately the only karaing i incorporate into my game at the moment is the kara throw and half the time a step kick comes out instead haha.

massi4h

Kara ultra to punish high tiger shots from full screen where you need to negative edge the 3P or else you'll get a focus attack. That's the balla shit. But yeah that video is beast.

Also ggs to B BOY and Tommyharmonic last night. B BOY, your guile has gotten heaps better I just wonder why you stick with ultra 1. Yeah it does lots of damage now, but you're really only gonna combo it off a focus attack or super (and iirc it doesn't juggle well so you can't go flash kick xx super, ultra 1). U2 can combo (though that's pretty hard, but trade hk flash kick goes right into it easy), beat fireballs (you can dash in ultra if far away or b+lk to hop in then ultra), it can even anti air and from a distance, plus it does decent chip and a lot of characters have to block the chip on wake up. But yeah other than that, all good, maybe just a few less sweeps cause offline they are really easy to punish.

Tommy, your rose was nice, except for what seemed like failed ultras. Even if you got almost no health left I think you should really just throw out the ultra so at least you can put some pressure on. Then you can try and get in and maybe do a soul throw ambiguous mixup. It was lol when I realised that I could see how far your Gen was gonna jump by the colour of his mask (alt costume 1). But probably a bit too much wall dives, they're actually quite easy to punish with a jumping move a lot of the time imo.

But ggs all around.

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: massi4h on November 18, 2010, 03:17:24 PMAlso ggs to B BOY and Tommyharmonic last night. B BOY, your guile has gotten heaps better I just wonder why you stick with ultra 1. Yeah it does lots of damage now, but you're really only gonna combo it off a focus attack or super (and iirc it doesn't juggle well so you can't go flash kick xx super, ultra 1). U2 can combo (though that's pretty hard, but trade hk flash kick goes right into it easy), beat fireballs (you can dash in ultra if far away or b+lk to hop in then ultra), it can even anti air and from a distance, plus it does decent chip and a lot of characters have to block the chip on wake up. But yeah other than that, all good, maybe just a few less sweeps cause offline they are really easy to punish.

Good games bro...and thanks for the feed back...I need it man.
Right when I felt like I was on top of my game...BOOM...you hit me with some shit I'm not expecting e.g. Sakura DP Super Cancel...and I'm thinking "Sweet...blocked the start of the DP...block high...K.O....what the fu...?" haha....to be honest...I was bugging out on your Sakura man...so much stuff I haven't seen Sakura do until I played you the other night...was madd cool. I know I defintely need to watch your meter more carefully.
Re: Ultra 1...I dunno why I stick with it..?..I guess because I still use it at Timezone...
...and yeah...my heavy sweeps get me in trouble everytime I play Smashbros too....I still haven't learnt to stop using it without meter to cancel it...
I really wanna put my Gen to a proper match...but I know he's still got some work before I put him in the ring with some real players like yourself.
...but soon...Gen is on the up! For real!!! :)

Thanks again for the feedback bro...back to the training room...

Oh...and again...SICK SAKURA bro.

Peace
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

jpb123

gg skull/xpunch/damicous

H8 chunli but I got my reveage!! xpunch why so random dps? I started to block or fake counter and you were throwing them out so much! damicous.... KEN MASTERS!!!!!

Dafid

Quote from: jpb123 on November 18, 2010, 11:31:55 PM
gg skull/xpunch/damicous

H8 chunli but I got my reveage!! xpunch why so random dps? I started to block or fake counter and you were throwing them out so much! damicous.... KEN MASTERS!!!!!

haha sorry bro too much ken for one day? i love your taunting game btw haha. defintely changes the way people play at times. as for xpunch god damn i just got destroyed by that dudley mixup. plus his hitbox screws up my bread and butter combo. learning match ups is always fun tho

GGs fellas