• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Shout outs!!

Started by stereomonkey, May 05, 2009, 10:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karizzma

Quote from: Flash on December 21, 2010, 07:01:11 PM
i'll join in if alan is still gonna sell those xbox copies.

I will also

Rorooze

me too :o looks fun, just got back from playing it at Graemes :o I think I'll start with ragna, then swap to either taokaka, makoto or litchi :o

gotta love the fur

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Rorooze on December 21, 2010, 10:36:50 PM
me too :o looks fun, just got back from playing it at Graemes :o I think I'll start with ragna, then swap to either taokaka, makoto or litchi :o

gotta love the fur

Just play who you want to main from the start. You won't do yourself any good if you learn how to play the game one way and then have to unlearn that and re learn a new character. The time required to learn a character properly in bb is quite alot and each character is fairly unique compared to street fighter. Plus there is a good chance that you will just stick with the first character you pick up as it is very tempting to fall back on that character when you are losing with a new character.

Random

Skullator

Yea keen to have some fun on BBCS but perhaps feel too obligated to do the initial labwork first before jumping online, I should really just come scrub out who gives a shit.

Try catch some of you guys on it soon, got my xbox mic finally so should be good for a laugh.

Strongly agree on Toots advice re: main who you wanna main from the get go.
Gotta say it's unfortunate when your gut tells you you still want to main Rachel in CS, hahaha. Better off picking the S-Tier female.... sigh.
LETS GO RACHEL, RE-DEFINE THE TIER LISTS!!! We got this.

stereomonkey

Quote from: Ngati Kahungunu Champ on December 21, 2010, 07:59:49 PM
STU!@!!! Stop hiding from me!!!  I must destroy you!

Sorry Lenny! By the time Gino hopped off his T.V so I could play using his account you and Euan had gone offline.  I'll be on tonight hopefully.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Rorooze

True :o I heard it was easier to learn the game with Ragna and then it was way easier to make the transition to a more difficult character. Hmmm. That means I have to make my decision about who to main much sooner :<

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ragna is easy to play, but bens right in saying that the differences in playstyles between the characters is actually a large enough gap that it makes sense to just pick a character you want to use, and use them.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Each person will learn differently. I wasn't trying to learn Ragna to a decent level, I just found his moves and basic combos easier to learn/perform while I learnt the system for a week or two. I found it hard to learn a character AND the system at the same time. I used Ragna while I learnt to manage my heat guage, watch for primer breaks, when to barrier block, instant blocking and when the best time to burst was etc. Once I felt comfortable with that I switched to learning Tsubaki and Bang and I could concentrate on just the characters.
Like I said everyone will be different, I just found it easier to learn broken down into chunks and Ragna was the easiest to learn the system (for me at least) and how juggles work etc. There is no right or wrong one to learn.
KOW 2011

LN

There is no knowledge that is not power

Lennysaurus

Nah you guys are wrong.  Shame.

GG's last night Euan.  I think just watch some vids and see what people are doing.

In other news, Stu is scared and makes excuses for not playing me. 

It's pretty lol, I sorta went off Carl cause I wasn't wanting to put the time in to learn all his execution stuff, and I picked him last night, and everything started clicking.  THink I might be able to go into training mode and tough it out for a couple of days and get there I reckon.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[8-----D] Toots

Just learn the game mechanics and absolute basics with Ragna like Graeme said. If you find yourself at the point were you can actually think about trying to win a game then make the switch.

Trying to learn how to play Litchi well also learning the game mechanics would be a fucking nightmare but you dont wanna have a similar dilemma to sf4 where your constantly switching back and forth between Rog and others.

Rorooze

^^  fair point. just need a copy of the game now >_< Will just suck it up and find the time to smash out some training mode.

Rorooze

gg's hook. First few games you did heaps of random flash kicks, but after those few games you settled down heaps and was playing quite well. re: balrog, you can check whats safe/not safe on this site http://www.fgapr.com/WAMO/SSF4/onblock.html . It's a good starting point, but you'll still want to hit training mode to check to see if some of those moves will connect (might not be in range, etc)

Lennysaurus

GG's last night guys!

Also GG's to BBCS training mode.... urgh.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K