• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism Street Fighter IV Training Session at RvB on Saturday the 30th of May

Started by Lennysaurus, May 09, 2009, 09:17:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah I need to practice some plinking. Really important atm for akuma players imo. I can pull demons out pretty fast, but that's just mashing real fast. I also can't ever do the kara demons in 3s and sf4 where you go f.mp, cancelling into demon with moving the joystick d/f for the forward motion. Just doesn't work for me.

zos'la

just do whatever works best for u I would say.
I'll like to see ur demon hittign me :X
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

electric

Quote from: massi4h on June 23, 2009, 11:38:04 AM
Yeah I need to practice some plinking. Really important atm for akuma players imo. I can pull demons out pretty fast, but that's just mashing real fast. I also can't ever do the kara demons in 3s and sf4 where you go f.mp, cancelling into demon with moving the joystick d/f for the forward motion. Just doesn't work for me.

SF4 Kara demons are suuuuuuper easy -- Just watch this video... beware of the horrible accent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6LT8nk1Vro
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

To kara a demon off of the f.mp, i basically do 3 button pushes. (2 less than doing a demon the conventional way :D)

(f.lp+mp)(f.lp+mp)(b.lk+hp) for the ultra, but the one you really want to be using is the super, which is the same, but the last step is (f.lk+hp).

Do it fast enough, and return the stick to neutral between each step, and youll get it every time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah I can kara demon perfectly fine, just with the super I can't do it by holding forward, then switching it to d/f, I have to go to neutral and in 3s that's not fast enough.

electric

You don't even need to return the stick to neutral for the super demon...

You can do f.lp+mp, f.lp+mp, df.lk+hp

Thanks to the SF4 shortcuts, df registers as f, so all's good

You can also do a crouching demon by doing

d.lp, d.lp, db. or df. lk + hp

At least the shortcuts are good for something lol
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: massi4h on June 23, 2009, 01:27:00 PM
Yeah I can kara demon perfectly fine, just with the super I can't do it by holding forward, then switching it to d/f, I have to go to neutral and in 3s that's not fast enough.

Sounds like you might be hitting the buttons before the stick can get to d/f?

I cant be sure though.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Yeah electric that what I was saying, I was having trouble with moving from f to d/f with going to neutral. Mainly in 3s though, but that's probably cause of all the button presses, I'm trying to press it all really fast, plus I have to get the movement in the right order.

My diagonal movements have always been pretty bad in fighting games. I used to struggle a bit in DOA with the moves that required d/f->d/f->punch.

I've been sorta playing around with some demon setups and I've been using a good super one at Yifan's recently.