• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

How did you get interested in Fighting Games?

Started by stereomonkey, May 28, 2009, 09:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

HoneyBadger

lol Gino beat his master, now he goes to defeat the elite 4! Next episode! Gino vs The Lennysaurus Rex! (scene of Gino on 10% Lenny on 90 doing taunt)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Gino

Quote from: Smoofikith on May 29, 2009, 05:59:57 PM
lol Gino beat his master, now he goes to defeat the elite 4! Next episode! Gino vs The Lennysaurus Rex! (scene of Gino on 10% Lenny on 90 doing taunt)

Yeah, I can see that happening.

stereomonkey

Great read guys!  It's so interesting to read how everybody got into it :D

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Orochi

I played Mortal Kombat on my master system and enjoyed it.

I've learnt from my mistakes.

gunsmoke

Looks like every1 gone 4 RVB Grind session ...... ::) ::) ::)

Oh well let me tell u my Story...hmmm..where should i begin with... :-\
Im not coming from a rich family. My mom every strict of me playing video games . It will ruin my study.So primary school never got any chances going to place like Yifan back in M'sia. The 1st game i play was Battle Tank . I think is not mega drive or oldest nintendo console way back b4 Famicom.I remembered i went tuition at my cousin house .They were showing off

After a while once i reach high school . I finally release ....hanging out with friend always escape from classes. Took a bus to shopping centre. In those day man . Street fighter was so popular.Then came out with the version that u can us guile to 2 do special techique they call it "SHADOW HAND" and as well as Dhalsim "RESET MACHINE".
One of my most favourite character is Zangief spining yoga flame . The more you spin the more u go on top of the screen ( blind screen ) . All u need to aim is the shadow when it touch u. U r game Over( atomic blast). Like the Naruto series. Is sooooo broken man. Ryu can do the shoryuken and come out with triple or more hadoken at thye same time. Too much glitch in this game.

Then came along with Art of Fighting .  :o OMG..so many people play back in days 20cents per game u have to wait . Every1 dying to do the fatality combo. Not end yet . Those day we not aloud to go Arcade Spacies .We have to be alert if we see any police to check ID . We will end up in jail . Betcha never heard this thing b4. probably u have to reach 16 years old then u can enter those place. I remember one of my friend got caught and que in line waiting 4 checking ID . But he was lucky he escape.

Many games i like to play ....Raiden , KOF , Fatal Fury , art of fighting , world of heroes , nude game , Terminator , Daytona , Metal Slug and etc etc....

Once of my friend share along Arcade emulator like crazy playing on keyboards . Snes rom is the 1st emulator i sue then came a long Neorage....and then MAME....

After SF.... i get more interested playing Xmen ,Marvel Supa Heroes Gems of wars
, XvSF, MVC and MVC2 .Basically u imagine u r one of the Heroes that can use special abitlity . More infinite more exiciting game.

I start playing hard core when i came NZ . I earn my own money buy my own console . My 1st place playing Spacies is at STAGES . But too bad close down . I wasted soo much money playin MVC2....couples of year later i realise a palce call YIfan......  ::) ::) ::)
LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

Quote from: gunsmoke on May 30, 2009, 05:51:52 PM
Those day we not aloud to go Arcade Spacies .We have to be alert if we see any police to check ID . We will end up in jail . Betcha never heard this thing b4. probably u have to reach 16 years old then u can enter those place. I remember one of my friend got caught and que in line waiting 4 checking ID . But he was lucky he escape.

Holy crap, yeah I've never heard of anything like that before! That's crazy!

As for the SF2CE hacks, I'm really surprised SO MANY places had those machines, they were practically unplayable! I remember picking ryu and doing a super fast fireball, then jumping and doing a million slow fireballs which just made a constant, homing line of fireballs all the way across the screen, which at worst would chip the opponent to death.
EVERYONE knows what you're talking about when you mention these 'rainbow edition' hacked games... why did so many places buy them? Not like you could play them 2p decently...

Also I like how many different names there are for the guile glitches... 'shadow hand' huh? We always called it 'magic throw'. but I've heard all kinds of combinations...
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Its pretty funny how a lot of us actually came from pretty poor backgrounds financially. I wonder if that has something to do with why all this is so popular with everyone.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

My parents both worked, so we had money, but they were both pretty tight with it. I think they decided video games were at best a distraction and a waste of time, so didn't want me to get a console or whatever. They couldn't deny me a PC though!

!DIABLO GTR!

My first console was a PS2 (scrub), the first fighting game I took seriously was TTT. After that the first 2D fighter I took seriously was GGXX. Since those games pretty much taught the core basics of fighting game philosophy for games like Soul Calibur, Melty Blood, BlazBlue, I played those shortly after (but those games are pretty much 2nd grade in comparison).

As for Street Fighter... I suck at it, since it feels pretty much restrainted in terms of movement... The only guy that can run is El Taco (I suck at using him)... And they didn't bother putting DeeJay in the new one... :)

And Super Smash Bros. is NOT a fighting game.
PS3 - WipEout HD Fury, Tekken 6
PS2 - Beatmania IIDX GOLD, Beatmania IIDX DJ Troopers
Arcade - Tekken 6 BR, DJ Max Technika, ITG2, DDR Supernova 2
PC: Red Alert 3, Tom Clancy's End War, DOTA
http://www.youtube.com/user/thejamesreloaded

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on May 31, 2009, 11:54:53 AM
My parents both worked, so we had money, but they were both pretty tight with it. I think they decided video games were at best a distraction and a waste of time, so didn't want me to get a console or whatever. They couldn't deny me a PC though!

Yes i get what you mean. And when you think about it, we're the first generation to actually appreciate (competitive) gaming as it should be appreciated. I imagine people thought rugby was a waste of time at one point, and look at that shit now.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Quote from: ILL_BILL on May 31, 2009, 04:10:36 PM
I imagine people thought rugby was a waste of time at one point, and look at that shit now.

:'(

Your right about that Bill.  Sad for chiefs, they were out played last night but damn.  Only a few years ago all the South African teams were going to pull out of Union for good.  Now look at those mofos.

Damn you Bulls :'(
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Orochi

Quote from: fluxcore on May 31, 2009, 10:47:33 AM
As for the SF2CE hacks, I'm really surprised SO MANY places had those machines, they were practically unplayable! I remember picking ryu and doing a super fast fireball, then jumping and doing a million slow fireballs which just made a constant, homing line of fireballs all the way across the screen, which at worst would chip the opponent to death.
EVERYONE knows what you're talking about when you mention these 'rainbow edition' hacked games... why did so many places buy them? Not like you could play them 2p decently...

Also I like how many different names there are for the guile glitches... 'shadow hand' huh? We always called it 'magic throw'. but I've heard all kinds of combinations...

Dude! Rainbow edition is the most fun I've ever had playing SF2! Especially in 2P!

Kanae

:o :o :o oh my days, big history.
Well im not nearly old enough to say what most of you have, my first experience was at the age of 7, our neighbor had an old PC in his basement and had SF2 on dos, I never understood what the f*ck was going on until years later.

I smashed about with almost all the big PS1 games, tekken being the only fighting game I was into, Bryan Pwns. At the time I was more interested in my fave game of all time MGS1, I still have it on PS1 and PC :P

Any way it really was'nt until last year that a bloke named elliot at my graphic design course on queen street got talking about street fighter. He had asked if I had played third strike and I was unaware that it even existed, i thought Alpha3 was the newest. so I got up and walked to 20m yifans to see it, and was hooked ever since, downloaded 3s for mame and learnt the game inside out, then got into fighting games altogether, ussualy on a PC with keyboard or useless joypad(XBOX cntrl i modded for PC) , arcade experience is still minimal, and sadly it looks like I have joined the scene at a low point, no one really cares about arcades anymore, its all about physics or graphics or online play etc. But soon I have enough dough to buy me a cross platform stick, then a console and games.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Kanae on May 31, 2009, 05:10:50 PM
:o :o :o oh my days, big history.
Well im not nearly old enough to say what most of you have, my first experience was at the age of 7, our neighbor had an old PC in his basement and had SF2 on dos, I never understood what the f*ck was going on until years later.

I smashed about with almost all the big PS1 games, tekken being the only fighting game I was into, Bryan Pwns. At the time I was more interested in my fave game of all time MGS1, I still have it on PS1 and PC :P

Any way it really was'nt until last year that a bloke named elliot at my graphic design course on queen street got talking about street fighter. He had asked if I had played third strike and I was unaware that it even existed, i thought Alpha3 was the newest. so I got up and walked to 20m yifans to see it, and was hooked ever since, downloaded 3s for mame and learnt the game inside out, then got into fighting games altogether, ussualy on a PC with keyboard or useless joypad(XBOX cntrl i modded for PC) , arcade experience is still minimal, and sadly it looks like I have joined the scene at a low point, no one really cares about arcades anymore, its all about physics or graphics or online play etc. But soon I have enough dough to buy me a cross platform stick, then a console and games.

Brother.  Your getting  into Street fighter at a very good time.  The revival is upon us my friend!!!

VIVA LA STREET FIGHTER!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero