• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lennysaurus

Quote from: kingpiccolo on June 18, 2009, 03:02:29 PM
Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 18, 2009, 02:48:01 PM
Quote from: kingpiccolo on June 18, 2009, 02:47:11 PM
Invasion aussie imma comin back for this one boys!!!!!

wheres my welcome wagon RAWR.

Up your arse!!! ahahahaa

LIES i nominate your house to house me hehehe

HAHA all good bro.  I already took leave from work.  We'll get all the G's round for some street fighter action!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

she goes by the name of ABC_SIMON ::) :D

RIDE DAT SHIT TILL THE WHEELS FALL OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
The New Generation Clockw0rk

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ADism on June 18, 2009, 03:05:33 PM

LOL BALLS DEEP MA'AFUCKAAAAA!!!!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on June 18, 2009, 03:06:30 PM
Quote from: ADism on June 18, 2009, 03:05:33 PM

LOL BALLS DEEP MA'AFUCKAAAAA!!!!

AS DEEP AS THE TASMAN SEA BEEYAIEEEAARRCCHH
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: fluxcore on June 18, 2009, 12:06:07 PM
Zos you should be able to play no worries, me and lenny are out though.

We just need some people to volunteer as 'judges', of which the description and duties are pretty much spelled out in the rules. Basically to watch over games and report the winner/any disputes etc.

We've already got two but a couple more could be handy. You'll still be able to enter.
If you need anymore im happy to help also
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 18, 2009, 01:26:18 PM
You guys gotta go BIRRY WONG! OMG BIRRY WONG! and BIRRY WONG FRRRYYYYING GIGABUSTAHHHH at least once

Fuckin right. Ill be yelling that whenever you play smoof.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CptMunta

Just booked my flights! HYPE!!!  ;D

Get ready for Battle Rash Rose.

Be cool to get some lagg free games with you guys. Speaking of which do I need to pick up a PS3 - 360 converter? Is there such a thing?
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

Munta gotta run in like just after someone wins da finals... HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: CptMunta on June 18, 2009, 05:16:48 PM
Just booked my flights! HYPE!!!  ;D

Get ready for Battle Rash Rose.

Be cool to get some lagg free games with you guys. Speaking of which do I need to pick up a PS3 - 360 converter? Is there such a thing?

I'm officially hype for meeting Munta in person. And, I'm also looking for a PS3 - 360 converter. . .

fluxcore

Yeah, haven't quite decided how the console thing will work. We'll probably have some 360s and some ps3s, and hopefully have enough sticks for permanent setups, although if people want to use their own controllers on the system they are alloted then they can.

Becomes a bit tricky when 1 person has 360 controller and 1 has a ps3 controller, but I guess they will just have to deal with whatever system they are given to use. At the arcade you can't pick your sticks...

Yeah. Suggestions?
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

If it were me, i would just ban pads. But i realise that alienates a lot of the potential tourney-goers, so probably not the best option.

In the situation where one wants to go ps3 controller, and one wants to go xbox controller, maybe force them both to use a stick so that theyre at an even disadvantage?

Fuckin people and their pads. Complicating shit more than it should be >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Yeah but I even mean with sticks... hard with multi console.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

massi4h

I'll help out if you need me. I'm sure you can't really cheat in a competition like this anyway. Would be sad if you (flux) and lenny can't enter. Shouldn't be too bad, few people can chip in to help with score keeping and stuff if you like.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: massi4h on June 18, 2009, 10:45:31 PM
I'll help out if you need me. I'm sure you can't really cheat in a competition like this anyway. Would be sad if you (flux) and lenny can't enter. Shouldn't be too bad, few people can chip in to help with score keeping and stuff if you like.

On this point. I've always felt funny about the organizers entering a competition. I heard you guys won't be entering and if that's true good on you for stepping up the professionalism of the NZ Street Fighter scene.

(Although you would have kicked ass) Maybe you guys could be secret bosses and if someone beats you they get a spot prize! :D

Lennysaurus

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 19, 2009, 07:47:38 AM
Quote from: massi4h on June 18, 2009, 10:45:31 PM

On this point. I've always felt funny about the organizers entering a competition. I heard you guys won't be entering and if that's true good on you for stepping up the professionalism of the NZ Street Fighter scene.

(Although you would have kicked ass) Maybe you guys could be secret bosses and if someone beats you they get a spot prize! :D

Cheers Simon for hitting the nail on the head.

This will be the first NZism, sponsored tournament.  As much as Flux and I would love to enter the tournament, and appreciate your guys concern, this needs to look and appear professional to ensure that sponsors are willing to work with us in the future.

This is only the beginning of something that can be much larger.  And I am proud and excited to be involved in this tournament as an organizer/staff.