• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Yeah, for us it's just feels kinda stink cause we think of you guys as mates more than some tourney organisers. (I just wanted to see people laugh at Lenny picking Gen before they died)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 19, 2009, 07:47:38 AM
Quote from: massi4h on June 18, 2009, 10:45:31 PM
I'll help out if you need me. I'm sure you can't really cheat in a competition like this anyway. Would be sad if you (flux) and lenny can't enter. Shouldn't be too bad, few people can chip in to help with score keeping and stuff if you like.

On this point. I've always felt funny about the organizers entering a competition. I heard you guys won't be entering and if that's true good on you for stepping up the professionalism of the NZ Street Fighter scene.

(Although you would have kicked ass) Maybe you guys could be secret bosses and if someone beats you they get a spot prize! :D

I see the concerns here and it should be taken into consideration i guess.
Although in saying so, I have seen events with proper sponsors and such having organizers attending, all that matter is how you organize it to make it happen.

Maybe I am wrong? point out a few things to us which may cause issues in such events.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: zosla on June 19, 2009, 08:56:36 AM
I'll help out if you need me. I'm sure you can't really cheat in a competition like this anyway. Would be sad if you (flux) and lenny can't enter. Shouldn't be too bad, few people can chip in to help with score keeping and stuff if you like.

On this point. I've always felt funny about the organizers entering a competition. I heard you guys won't be entering and if that's true good on you for stepping up the professionalism of the NZ Street Fighter scene.

(Although you would have kicked ass) Maybe you guys could be secret bosses and if someone beats you they get a spot prize! :D

I see the concerns here and it should be taken into consideration i guess.
Although in saying so, I have seen events with proper sponsors and such having organizers attending, all that matter is how you organize it to make it happen.

Maybe I am wrong? point out a few things to us which may cause issues in such events.

Its more the fact that it is the first one we are having more than anything.  Get a couple under our belts without having to worry about playing "in" the tourney as well.

Give the participants and the sponsors return on investment.

Smoof:  I <3 you too... tee hee

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CptMunta

"Now Fight Your Rival!" ;)

I'll be bringing my stick up. If we have two TE Sticks for Xbox it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Though I find the Looseness of standard Sanwa a pain in the arse. I've got a SE and a Sanwa spring in mine.

Are we running on CRT or LCD BTW.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Hydro

Quote from: CptMunta on June 19, 2009, 09:31:56 AM

"Now Fight Your Rival!" ;)

I'll be bringing my stick up. If we have two TE Sticks for Xbox it shouldn't be that much of an issue. Though I find the Looseness of standard Sanwa a pain in the arse. I've got a SE and a Sanwa spring in mine.

Are we running on CRT or LCD BTW.

Sounds like there'll be a few set ups this time Munta bro, at least 4 from what we've been told. hopefully there'll be a couple PS3's so we can fully use our own equipment, for a very deliberate advan. . .  er . . .yeah  :'(

EDIT: Fully agree on secret bosses Alan and Lenny for spot prizes, best idea yet!!!!

fluxcore

Personally I also don't want the stress of having to perform in a tournament when I should really be concentrating on running everything. I predict it's going to be an order of magnitude more difficult than the last one was to organise, so I want as few distractions as possible.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Might help for most of us (forum regulars) to pre-pay aswell. It took forever to get all the brackets sorted last time, and most of the players that i imagine would be seeded are on this site anyway, so it might help to get as much of that shit done beforehand as we can.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: ILL_BILL on June 19, 2009, 10:26:34 AM
Might help for most of us (forum regulars) to pre-pay aswell. It took forever to get all the brackets sorted last time, and most of the players that i imagine would be seeded are on this site anyway, so it might help to get as much of that shit done beforehand as we can.

I'd be happy to do that no problem.

fluxcore

We're certainly not going to say no to prereg. Makes things easier for us in the long run.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

certainly agree.

Something will be up in the next few days for pre registration and payment etc. This will help us ALOT in organizing things and also gives us a good idea of numbers.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zosla on June 19, 2009, 10:54:53 AM

certainly agree.

Something will be up in the next few days for pre registration and payment etc. This will help us ALOT in organizing things and also gives us a good idea of numbers.

Wait, who? What?

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on June 19, 2009, 03:32:04 PM
Quote from: zosla on June 19, 2009, 10:54:53 AM

certainly agree.

Wait, who? What?

Yep, Andy is organising and entering. But hey, two outa three ain't bad right? RIGHT?

fluxcore

Andy is handling more of the sponsor/advertising sort of organisation, Lenny and I are going to be the 'on-the-day' organisers, so there's not really much incentive to stop Andy entering.

CrazyMobius

Hey is their going to be a projector screen at this thing?