• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CptMunta

Quote from: hydrokinesis on July 30, 2009, 10:26:15 AM
Quote from: fluxcore on July 30, 2009, 10:19:17 AM
I'm going by tourney results, which are THE thing we decided to go on EXCLUSIVELY.

My apologies, I meant when we have the tourney results can we do a 'Ranking list'?

but yeah, that list is prolly gonna be:

Kev - Hue - Simon - Cody - Mike - Andy - (everyone else) - Me who scrubbed out to random boxer players in rounds 1 & 2 lol.

That's a good idea, It's too hard to call at the moment. With players also divided over XBox and PSN. The last tourney is the only official way to tell.

Fuck that Kevin guy sounds damn scary. Not matchvids anywhere? My Gief matches I win are normally long and boring. I can't imagine how hard it'll be with someone with the tools to get in.

Gino was also a beast when the game was just released on console. Afraid of how good he is now.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

stereomonkey

Kevin is Devilstar in the match videos from xLan.  Also Euan (B1ackstar Ninja) has put up the finals of Kevin and Simon on the site somewhere too.

Which reminds me, you got that Kevin vs Lenny match uploaded yet Euan? :)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 30, 2009, 10:52:28 AM
How about BFTTB!? NAH YOU DON'T

OKAY! I promise to get it uploaded tonight okay Smoof... mofo! :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

Gief Blank macthup is just pretty hard for gief but it can be done and Kevin has shown that.

btw you think Kevin only uses Gief? lol GL.

The ranking Flux has put is according the the lastest tournament results, so don't need to argue about it. We are just using that as a template, the rest of the players can be divided into those brackets so no need to have a ranking session.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on July 30, 2009, 11:00:53 AM
Gief Blank macthup is just pretty hard for gief but it can be done and Kevin has shown that.

btw you think Kevin only uses Gief? lol GL.

The ranking Flux has put is according the the lastest tournament results, so don't need to argue about it. We are just using that as a template, the rest of the players can be divided into those brackets so no need to have a ranking session.

No no you miss-read Andy, I mean we rank players BASED on the upcoming tourney.

That's the only thing being talked about in terms of ranking anything brother. It's so we can get a database/list going for future events/tourneys and for player reference too.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: fluxcore on July 30, 2009, 10:19:17 AM
I'm going by tourney results, which are THE thing we decided to go on EXCLUSIVELY.

I know. Im saying that i reckon any one of those 4 could take the tourney. Kevin is most likely to win, but i think the ranks of the other 3 after the tourney could go any order. I was just listing a personal prediction.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: CptMunta on July 30, 2009, 10:48:41 AM

Fuck that Kevin guy sounds damn scary. Not matchvids anywhere? My Gief matches I win are normally long and boring. I can't imagine how hard it'll be with someone with the tools to get in.

Gino was also a beast when the game was just released on console. Afraid of how good he is now.

Yeah Marc bro Kev is really good, but as Andy said he can play anyone. His Ryu was insane, his Sagat is unstoppable, his Chun li is broke, and his Gief is sickness. I think Kev is a great analytical player, he's the most adaptive player I've ever fought, and his fundamentals are probabaly the best in NZ, ATM. Plus, he's fun as to watch, even playing Geif, the guy does some magic shit with that big bowzer.

fluxcore

Plus his reactions are absolutely ridiculous.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on July 30, 2009, 11:29:56 AM
Plus his reactions are absolutely ridiculous.

True that, Gino's aren't bad either. That cross-up ball on wake-up was awesome lol.

fluxcore

Nah gino's reactions aren't that great. Kevin was doing shit like jabbing the startup of sagat's tiger shots.

Plus wakeup crossup blanka ball was found to be useless since Zangief can SPD it on recovery even when it hits.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on July 30, 2009, 11:33:08 AM
Nah gino's reactions aren't that great. Kevin was doing shit like jabbing the startup of sagat's tiger shots.

Plus wakeup crossup blanka ball was found to be useless since Zangief can SPD it on recovery even when it hits.

Oh true, My bad.

Still, I'm feeling Gino's style of blanka, he doesn't play Blanka like most Claw players do, if you play close attention you will understand why :D

Gino

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Gino on July 30, 2009, 11:40:06 AM
Even I don't know how I play blanka

CHEAP!!!

lol nah jokes, your blanka is fucking great.  Just stop that crossup blanka ball shit, and I reckon if you learnt how to piano electricity youd be more dangerous!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Smoofikith on July 30, 2009, 10:21:48 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on July 30, 2009, 10:00:39 AM
WEAZZY VS SMOOF BEER MATCH.

SAME RULES AS ADISM VS SAMURAI BLACK BEER MATCH.

LENNY GETS TO DRY HUMP THE WINNER

more like orange juice match for smoof and 2 ltr jim beam match for weazzy.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!