• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Seeding will depend on turnup on teh day.
I beleive the following people if turning up will be seeded.

Kevin, Simon, iMagneto and Ben (Toomeke) all 4 are placed first and second it the previous tournaments.
I don't think we need mroe than 4 brackets? if so then we can proceed with more seeding later.

There are still no confirmations till date in regards to teh Australians coming over, but I have posted something on their forums and I am sure we will hear something soon. Will keep you guys up to date.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

Quote from: zosla on August 04, 2009, 10:26:07 AM

Kevin, Simon, iMagneto and Ben (Toomeke) all 4 are placed first and second it the previous tournaments.
I don't think we need mroe than 4 brackets? if so then we can proceed with more seeding later.

There are still no confirmations till date in regards to teh Australians coming over, but I have posted something on their forums and I am sure we will hear something soon. Will keep you guys up to date.

Nice one zosla :)

I lost my password so I had to wait for ziggy to make a new one for me.  Lol  :-[
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

yeah lol... I couldn't post for a  few days as i didn't get the activation email -,- had to get ziggy to do it manually :P

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Given the nature of the tourney, It would probably be a good idea to come to a consensus on a LIST of potential seeds (8 seems like a fair number)

This way, if we end up having only 4 brackets, we only have to use the top 4 seeds. 5 brackets, top 5 etc. I doubt we will have more than 8 brackets though, which is why i pulled that number out.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Hydro

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 04, 2009, 11:49:48 AM

Given the nature of the tourney, It would probably be a good idea to come to a consensus on a LIST of potential seeds (8 seems like a fair number)

This way, if we end up having only 4 brackets, we only have to use the top 4 seeds. 5 brackets, top 5 etc. I doubt we will have more than 8 brackets though, which is why i pulled that number out.

Fair call, though we already have a list of about 10 potential seeded players from the Xlan and previous Nzism tourneys. It's fair to say it depends on numbers entering but we already have 30 tenative players pre-registered, and about another 20 or so who have expressed interest but haven't posted as much.

. . . so lets say it's 50 peeps, how many brackets would we need to fill them all out and how many people seeded from that many?

zos'la

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 04, 2009, 12:02:01 PM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 04, 2009, 11:49:48 AM

Fair call, though we already have a list of about 10 potential seeded players from the Xlan and previous Nzism tourneys. It's fair to say it depends on numbers entering but we already have 30 tenative players pre-registered, and about another 20 or so who have expressed interest but haven't posted as much.

. . . so lets say it's 50 peeps, how many brackets would we need to fill them all out and how many people seeded from that many?

with 50+ - 62 players we will use a 62 man bracket. That is when we will consider seeding more players, don't worry about the seeding issue,, it will be sorted on teh day as we already have alist of players to seed. The Concern is on teh admin side, not the players. And I can assure you we will use the information we have gathered from previous tournaments and not just by word of mouth/fame etc.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 04, 2009, 12:35:51 PM
with 50+ - 62 players we will use a 62 man bracket. That is when we will consider seeding more players, don't worry about the seeding issue,, it will be sorted on teh day as we already have alist of players to seed. The Concern is on teh admin side, not the players. And I can assure you we will use the information we have gathered from previous tournaments and not just by word of mouth/fame etc.

I thought as much. Good shit.

Also, REAL MEN SEED BASED ON FAME BABY.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

I don't know what you guys are on about with this 'number of brackets' stuff, dbl elim = two brackets (which are really one big bracket).
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: fluxcore on August 04, 2009, 12:42:51 PM
I don't know what you guys are on about with this 'number of brackets' stuff, dbl elim = two brackets (which are really one big bracket).

hmmm, yeah, that's kinda how I thought it would work. One losers, one winners right? :)

zos'la

Spacing out the top players within that one big bracket is what we are talking about.
Depending on numbers teh spacing will increase therefore more seeded players will be required.

wll post an example up later and see your views.

fluxcore

Oh, I know exactly how seeding works and effects brackets, but it doesn't break things up into conceptually 'more' brackets.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The way i understood we were doing it was that we were having a bunch of different stations, each of which was running essentially an individual dbl elim bracket. (Pools, essentially)

Top 2 from each moved forward into the semis etc.

The same way EVO does it.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Nah

Not going to have assigned stations, it's going to be more freeform than that.

zos'la

@_@ ok i'll leave it to our admin Flucore as he seems to have it sussed out.

We will be adding players to the brackets on the day as they pay so please BE EARLY.
RvB will be OPEN at 11.00 AM on August 15th for registrations, we will keep it open until about 12 PM and maybe a bit later if we have to... but I don't want to start any later than 1 PM.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 04, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
@_@ ok i'll leave it to our admin Flucore as he seems to have it sussed out.

We will be adding players to the brackets on the day as they pay so please BE EARLY.
RvB will be OPEN at 11.00 AM on August 15th for registrations, we will keep it open until about 12 PM and maybe a bit later if we have to... but I don't want to start any later than 1 PM.

Sweet. Ill be there at 11 to help set up.

And Flux, were you thinking One bracket, but with multiple matches happening at the same time?
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.