• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

15/08/2009 - NZism's National SFIV tourney!

Started by fluxcore, June 09, 2009, 12:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

I'll be there at 11am for the mad chillin' and hangin' out with everyone.
KOW 2011

Hydro

Quote from: geneterror on August 04, 2009, 03:13:26 PM

Yeah bro, me and my lovely lady, Chrissie, will be there then too. 

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hydrokinesis on August 04, 2009, 03:27:51 PM

Don't you mean Maya?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Skullator

Quote from: zosla on August 04, 2009, 02:22:26 PM
@_@ ok i'll leave it to our admin Flucore as he seems to have it sussed out.

We will be adding players to the brackets on the day as they pay so please BE EARLY.
RvB will be OPEN at 11.00 AM on August 15th for registrations, we will keep it open until about 12 PM and maybe a bit later if we have to... but I don't want to start any later than 1 PM.

I'll be as early as possible, it can take 2 hours to find a fucking park in Auckland.

More than happy to help set up since I'll no doubt be there on open.

Edit: how are we going for console numbers?
And do RvB monitors have HDMI port + built in speakers?

I can bring my PS3 if you think we will need it, Hd remix + SFIV installed

Skullator

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 04, 2009, 04:12:57 PM

Don't you mean Maya?

Hydro don't care what you've heard about he
cuz hes a mother fucking P.I.M.P

fluxcore

Quote from: ILL_BILL on August 04, 2009, 03:08:32 PM
And Flux, were you thinking One bracket, but with multiple matches happening at the same time?

Precisely. The tournament maker software should make this pretty trivial to set up.

There will be (hopefully, since I can't control it) one main setup with a vid cam pointed at it that we'll hand pick matches 'of interest' to play on. There may or may not be other cameras on other setups as well, depends how many show up.

As a general point, anyone that wants to capture footage by any means do so, bring a vid cam or record with your cellphones or whatever. The more coverage the better, as long as it ends up on our youtubes or whatever in the end.

I'm assuming that people won't be wandering off very much, and they will ask if they have a match coming up soon before going off, because people will be dqed if they aren't around when they need to be. This is going to need the cooperation of the players to work smoothly.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

stereomonkey

I'll be bringing my camera as usual.  Looking for something beaster but I think my little camera will have to do :3
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

I think we will have 4 setups for now. Bring you PS3/xbox memory card i possible as we may lack some console characters? and also ps3/xbox sticks. If you guys got anything we dont use we can always drop them into the car/ office for safety.
Just need a number of people to bring them so others dont have to carry too many items.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CptMunta

Quote from: Smoofikith on August 04, 2009, 04:12:57 PM

Don't you mean Maya?

You mean Maya Viper's real name right? not Maya my daughter.

I'll be there too, since I'm crashing a Grahame's. Dunno what I'm looking forward to more, the tourney or the chance to fianlly have some lagg free games vs you guys.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Hydro

Quote from: zosla on August 04, 2009, 05:52:29 PM
I think we will have 4 setups for now. Bring you PS3/xbox memory card i possible as we may lack some console characters? and also ps3/xbox sticks. If you guys got anything we dont use we can always drop them into the car/ office for safety.
Just need a number of people to bring them so others dont have to carry too many items.

Oh, I bring my 'stick alright *snarf* Na, my PS3 stick, don't wanna scare people off eh? . . . no memory cards on PS3 Andy bro, you'll have to get consoles from people brother. I'd consider bringing mine if you give me some notice for it.

zos'la

I am sure Ben will be happy to bring his PS3? :D
then maybe lenny or urself can bring one, we just need two I think and the rest can be done on xbox with memory cards. Personal sticks are welcomed :) and if you don't mind other using them then even better!! i will be bringing my PS3 stick as well.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Hypothetically, what happens if we have 2 pad warriors. One that wants to use PS3, and one that wants to Use Xbox?

Do we force them both to use stick so that they are on an even playing field?
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CrazyMobius

Hey guys is it possible to get some lights in RVB for the tourney? That place is pretty dark.

Skullator

HDMI ports?
Speakers?
Important to know if your considering bringing console.

What happens if we have two people who only wanna use their own stick (Or hell, console unique speed, not likely but hypothetically)
And one wants to play PS3 to use his stick, and one wants to play xbox360 to use the other.

Coin flip?