• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

[NZism SFIV National Tournament 15.08.09] Questions and Answers

Started by Hydro, June 21, 2009, 12:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

I think the management knows the concerns. From here it's up to them to decide how they wanna do it.

Good stuff.

Gino

zos'la

its for the lawls and I am sure he did it on purpose hah.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: hydrokinesis on June 26, 2009, 08:26:23 AM
REDICULOUS. A few arcade regulars, and a few people who beat you every so often. . . I mean completely rediculous.

This is exactly why we needed/wanted some system followed for seeding, you've completely overlooked about 12 equally as good players from that list because of your own preference, well done Hue, again you prove your totally unique biase towards arcade players.

Like Simon/mobius said, if you do it from a proffesional approach, then you set some standard for the years to come, otherwise, each tournament won't mean anything to the next, and we'll have the likes of Hue dictating to the whole community who the best players are and who's 'PRO' *shudder*

This is really why the most efficient way is by going by the previous tourneys results, as out dated as they may seem to some, as it does give us THE system to work by in the future. Fair?

At least the people on my list (or top 5)have over 60% winning ratio against anyone here. But again, it was only my opinion and I've never said we have to follow it. Some people here might think they are the best and should be seeded or maybe they think they are much better than the people on my list. I'm not going to argue about that.

Using the result from the previous tournament is also another way of doing it. It would leave out the people who should be seeded (Kevin? Cody?) but it will make things easier and more fair.

I just have a quick question about the program that we use for the tournament.
Can't we put the players that we don't want them to fight in the first round to different area/block ?? Or is it all random ?

fluxcore

Hahaha, "don't want to fight them", if you're asking me to rig the brackets, then no we won't be doing that. Unseeded players will be randomised.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: fluxcore on June 26, 2009, 12:07:10 PM
Hahaha, "don't want them to fight *against each other*", if you're asking me to rig the brackets, then no we won't be doing that. Unseeded players will be randomised.
I see. I think It's not a big matter anyway. prize comes with luck.

fluxcore

There's no luck to winning a tournament. As I keep saying over and over in this thread, you still have to beat the best to win. "Luck" may get you facing the eventual winner in the first round, but if you lose to him then you'd probably lose to him later anyway. You can still go through loser's bracket to face him again.

And if you get another bad match in loser's 1st round... well, then 2 people beat you and you didn't really have a chance anyway. TBH only 1st and 2nd places really mean anything in a tourney of this format.

So yeah, enough of this debate. Seeds will be done by the previous tourney results ONLY, and the number of seeds is somewhat determined by number of entrants. Everyone else will be random.

If someone doesn't like it, too bad. Bitching about this stuff only makes people look like they are afraid to play against good players when it counts. Man up!
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

Quote from: fluxcore on June 26, 2009, 12:37:37 PM
There's no luck to winning a tournament. As I keep saying over and over in this thread, you still have to beat the best to win. "Luck" may get you facing the eventual winner in the first round, but if you lose to him then you'd probably lose to him later anyway. You can still go through loser's bracket to face him again.

And if you get another bad match in loser's 1st round... well, then 2 people beat you and you didn't really have a chance anyway. TBH only 1st and 2nd places really mean anything in a tourney of this format.

So yeah, enough of this debate. Seeds will be done by the previous tourney results ONLY, and the number of seeds is somewhat determined by number of entrants. Everyone else will be random.

If someone doesn't like it, too bad. Bitching about this stuff only makes people look like they are afraid to play against good players when it counts. Man up!

Truth!

on another note.  Flux and I are so pro!  We got seeded all the way outta the tournament!!!

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

massi4h

A single elimination tournament, will find the true number 1. A double elimination will find the true number 1 and number 2. If we wanted to get true top 3 from a tournament (for prizes sake) we can run the tournament over 5 days and do triple elimination! Yeah AWESOME IDEA!

HoneyBadger

Mason, stop trying to cover for the fact that you'll lose your first two. =PPPPPPPP

To Koo and his sister.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Cr8zyK1LL3r

Quote from: massi4h on June 26, 2009, 12:43:37 PM
A single elimination tournament, will find the true number 1. A double elimination will find the true number 1 and number 2. If we wanted to get true top 3 from a tournament (for prizes sake) we can run the tournament over 5 days and do triple elimination! Yeah AWESOME IDEA!
triple elimination. lol

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

massi4h

Quote from: Smoofikith on June 26, 2009, 12:45:19 PM
Mason, stop trying to cover for the fact that you'll lose your first two. =PPPPPPPP

To Koo and his sister.
Yeah I'll lose the first to Koo and you'll lose to his sister. Then you can lose to me and cry about no triple elimination :P

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

ONE thing I must make clear. If you want to get rig by int he tournament brackets you gota bring me a hot blonde chick :) I'll even get you seeded 1st!!!

ok enough jokes, its decided then.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.