• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Wugga is eating uppercuts

Main Menu

SBO/Evo match links

Started by zos'la, August 10, 2009, 08:41:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Guys I am looking for links to both of these recent events.
Anyone got any they can share?? The pages I tried seem to have been taken off...

cheers in advance.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Yeah I'm keen as for SBO vids!
KOW 2011

Skullator

Andy check your message box for evo's

SBO I don't know, as soon as theres a way Ill get them too.

maelgrim

isn't SBO 14 - 16 August ?
unless you mean the qualifiers
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Skullator

Quote from: maelgrim on August 10, 2009, 03:47:08 PM
isn't SBO 14 - 16 August ?
unless you mean the qualifiers

Yea it's the weekend of our nationals, but I don't know how footage will be made available for it.

Dunno if they are only streaming or doing pay per HD downloads or what

maelgrim

I found a translation of http://www.tougeki.com/main_final_faq

"There won't be a live broadcast from the conference hall.
However, we may show some type of footage at a later date. [probably on Famitsu's site]
We are still considering the DVD release, so depending on which game it is we might not produce a DVD.
Also, instead of a proper DVD package an Arcadia supplement [pack-in disc?] can be cheaper so we may release it in that form."

So looks like footage will be hard to come by for a while :(
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

moose!

Even the quals are hard to find for 3S this year, usually gamers vision updates pretty regularly but there's been nothing this year at all.

They will eventually pop up on youtube- but you typically can't find them on SRK because the threads get deleted and they tend to be unlabelled on youtube as well, at least at first. I think last year they cut the stream off because of the amount of ghetto recordings popping up on youtube during the tournament.
DVDs are usually available on play asia later.

I NEED to see Messatsu (UR), Thanatos (OR), PinaAB7 (NE) plow through the 3S brackets destroying everyone.
Fuck, even the last chance slots tourney is going to good watching- Last years winners haven't qualified yet and Kuroda/MOV/Ino could pick alomst anyone and there's a bunch of names missing who have been beasting in recent co-op cup tourney play (including Sugiyama and Uni).

moose!

Ahhh thanks for that post maelgrim :)

maelgrim

I'm really looking forward to the BlazBlue matches.
& to see which chars dominate

moose!

BlazBlue should be sweet- I'm also keeping a pretty close eye on it
But IMO the SBO format is a bit cruel for the 1v1 games and the 3v3 events are the ones that really shine.

Skullator

Well I'll import an SBO dvd if that happens soon.
Or I'll torrent the .iso file if that happens sooner.

No way can we not get our hands on that shit.

Will

They barely release the SBO DVDs on torrent >_< Do want last years 3S one.
Learning....

moose!

http://www.youtube.com/user/zaijian2009
http://www.youtube.com/bucklesmybuckles (scroll through his videos, about 3 pages back)
That's most of the 3S matches from last year.

moose!

Will

Oh Daym, thanks for that, I searched last year for vids but couldnt find any.
Learning....