• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: DVS on January 09, 2010, 12:18:00 PM
So many new vids and info....

Dispite all the new Ultras and costumes I also noticed that..

you can use multiple focus attacks back to back (can't remember which vid but saw Dan doing it) and I also saw Ken Ultra after he was crumpled by Adon's FA....he was like all eyes rolling back and falling - then straight into his new Ultra for the win!...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyM5X35o7fA&feature=player_embedded#
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WTF!

The CES Vegas Fight Club vid was like half and hour long....bad qulaity in parts but did show that there a lot of subtle differences....new characters seem to be strong, Ultras don't do as much damage at ST4.....

Um watch the video again bro

notice how many wins ken has when he gets hit by the focus and when he does his ultra.

kingpiccolo

depending on what juri's CC super is like i might pick her up and drop fei.

hope it gets a pc release too cos ill get that version and the ps3 one.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: kingpiccolo on January 09, 2010, 01:30:45 PM
depending on what juri's CC super is like i might pick her up and drop fei.

hope it gets a pc release too cos ill get that version and the ps3 one.

dont make me fei long you for this blasphemy
The New Generation Clockw0rk

kingpiccolo

Hong Kong might be backing down to korea AHAHAHAHAH

fixed

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

massi4h

WTF DID THEY DO? Akuma is the fuckign tazmanian devil. What kind of dumbass would do such a thing. I don't give a shit if I can FADC into it I want a massive long fireball or kkz or that overhead chop... At least I know I can still keep the raging demon I guess... Actually what they should do is also give him a massive fireball ultra and have RD and KKZ available on both like 3s.

And damnit no otoko michi. At least some of the other ultras look cool...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

To be fair, Rufus is also the tasmanian devil. As is half the cast. But yea, that Akuma ultra looks terrible. He has like 30 different supers acros his career in various games. They couldve picked ONE and there wouldve been a lot of people who were quite content.

But yea, akuma and rufus get the dumbest ones at this point. Their fucking lower half spins, but their head/top half stays statonary. >_> Even though in street fighter you throw fireballs, and blanka is an electric green jungle man, this is the first time i think we've seen shit that is totally physically impossible. Even dhalsims limbs make SOME physical sense, as they dont require being totally detatched from his fucking body in order to move the way they do. >_>
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

most of the second ultras have been real unimpressive. i can only see people using them for lols

DVS

Quote from: samurai black on January 10, 2010, 10:46:37 AM
most of the second ultras have been real unimpressive. i can only see people using them for lols

Too true, they arn't anywhere as impressive as the 1st lot....they seem to do waaaaay less damage and will only be there for style points if you land them. 

The new cast additions seem to have the best Ultras..... Cody and Guy's are awesome....
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Lennysaurus

I think the new ultras are showing us that all ultras in general are now going to do less damage.

Also, the game looks faster. Looks to me like the new alpha characters have transferred over quite well.  GUy's run seems hella fast... similar to fuerte's.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 10, 2010, 11:57:37 AM
I think the new ultras are showing us that all ultras in general are now going to do less damage.

Also, the game looks faster. Looks to me like the new alpha characters have transferred over quite well.  GUy's run seems hella fast... similar to fuerte's.
Yeah it is faster,they confirmed it's been sped up.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 10, 2010, 11:57:37 AM

yus this .
All the ultras will have been toned down , which is good
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro half of those Ultra's are actually pretty mean. M.Bisons, Boxer and Cammy's are beast. Some of them are pretty fucked up though.

I'm liking da looks of Sagat right now. That powerup move looks beast. His ultra looks aight but needs more exaggerated spinning imo. His s lk is two hits now, that better not mean you cant cancel off it . That was the fun thing about playing Sagat,, tk traps are fun to do. Take that out he'll badddllyy get raped.

Good to see chun can land her FB Ultra off ex legs anywhere on screen now. And i bet you will be able to FK SH ultra with Guile. Same as Boxer, just hold up/back.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

CrazyMobius

In regards to Ultra's doing less damage don't forget that during the play testing most of the players would activate ultra's as soon as they got them. Whereas in real playing most players will charge their meter up to make the ultra do more damage.

massi4h

Yeah, and it looked like Akumas tazmanian devil did ~50% on Adon and it wasn't fully charged. And I just saw Rufus' and yeah Bill that's crazy taz lol.

I'm glad about Chun Li, both her ultras have great options, the new one can combo off EX legs anywhere on the screen while the old one can only fully combo in the corner but it can go through fireballs 3/4 of the screen and hit anyone poking.

Best video for watching ultras atm: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKV0wCC4EY&feature=player_embedded