• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 12, 2010, 04:45:30 PM
Umm yeah, we were talking about after the flash. I can name a million things to do before the flash lol.

Ask me try something right now if you's are too lazy/noob.

Mason actually had a good point... You can cancel pre-jump frames into any special (because of input leniency), so as long as you press up before the flash, you can still do grounded moves after the flash, which would give the illusion of something beating Zangief ultra, even though they didn't input the move until after the flash.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yeah, umm, before the flash you can do anything though, were talking about on reaction.

And cancelling pre jump frames with Giefs Ultra against another Gief Ultra RIGHT in yo face = double whiff.
And you can cancel pre jump frames, obviously. You can cancel pre jump frames into RD and beat it. But were talking about after the flash. You cant do shit, is what i'm aware of.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 12, 2010, 03:32:59 PM
Sooo Power Fantasy that Ultra.

WE are gonna be a millionaire. BRO. Truth, Rose's UII is straight from the testing files of Power Fantasy. :D

DVS

Quote from: hydrokinesis on January 12, 2010, 05:29:07 PM
Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 12, 2010, 03:32:59 PM
Sooo Power Fantasy that Ultra.

WE are gonna be a millionaire. BRO. Truth, Rose's UII is straight from the testing files of Power Fantasy. :D

Yeah..I can see it now....Rose top tier.....handing Sagat his cyclops arse to him...
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

DVS

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 12, 2010, 04:35:28 PM
Sounds like Gino's stalling out on the chronic Flux.

And you can ex DP through nearly every Ultra (NOT GIEF). Thats why you dont try to chip dmg kill them. Have you not tried that before DVS ?

Nah, can't say I have....I just try and stay the fuck away from him...muthafucker is a tank....

iMagneto

T-Hawk Second Ultra..... Anti-air ultra o_O

DVS

Fucking ouch man...... :o

Is there anything T-Hawk can't do....

[NIUE] weazzyefff

It's hard to tell if that ones got the same start up as Gens AA Ultra. Friggin hope not. Then again i hate T .Hawk.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

man I like the look of that ultra , its the biz
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

iMagneto

i reckon t-hawk might be on the top tier list~~ gezz...

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: iMagneto on January 12, 2010, 11:42:30 PM
i reckon t-hawk might be on the top tier list~~ gezz...
Bro ken is S Tier
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

massi4h

Yeah but your guys testing could have had a jump mashed out just before the flash while trying to do the move. I tested for a good 20 minutes and Ryu couldn't do nothing when in range. I used turbo buttons for help as well, but unfortunately they won't press 30 times a second I don't think. Just outside of range you can obviously hit him with anything, but when I do super it sort of goes into his super animation (like when me, hue, cody, simon and others) managed to pull off a raging demon while Fei Long was in his ultra animation. This would not work if the Ultra was in range though, kinda like when Blanka stuns you if he ultras right in your face. But if it was 0+1 or whatever I'm sure it would just be jumpable, you wouldn't need a reversal to beat it. Another funny thing is was I think it must be Ryu's last prejump frame his feet are off the ground, I could still cancel that into super although I guess that's how you can FADC shoryukens.

Yay wall of text.

Also:

Quote from: Seth Killian
No characters will get nerfed, just buffs (or something along those lines).

Quote from: http://www.capcom-unity.com/street_fighter/go/thread/view/7411/22194205/Akuma_Specific_Thread._(All_Akuma_Changes)
Here's what is known about Akuma's chages so far. The first few are about his far st.HK. The others are about his new ultra.

1. Far st.HK has more start up
2. st.LP can no longer link into far st.HK
3. Fireball->FADC->far st.HK to stand up opponent only works on large hitbox characters
4. Ultra II is call Demon Armageddon
5. Command is up,up,3K
6. Completely whiffs on crouching opponents
7. Cannot be combo'd into from SRK->FADC
8. Cannot be combo'd into from LK tatsu
9. Cannot be combo'd into from deep jump-in attack
10. Cannot be combo'd into from EX fireball->FADC
11. Cannot be used as AA
12. Looks really stupid
Yippeee...

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah i tested it rigorously. Are you testing my testing methods bwoi?
Turbo, is shit compared to piano key fyi.

edit: Oh i think you mean Gino's testing. But how do you get up in a throw? or ex fb, super fb,or even a ex DP for that matter? lols. I think his testing was done in game, where he didnt know he was in pre jump animation when he.......ohhh  shit, THATS what Eru was on about. It is hard understanding discussions on the internt.

massi4h

I turbo 2 of them and plink em, it puts out lots of inputs. I can time the super anyway with just 1 button. No need for 7 button 3 hit combos eh Smoof?