• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Allegedly it's actually Andore in the bg :)
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Hydro

Quote from: CrazyMobius on December 16, 2009, 03:37:00 PM

Thankfully in that last blog session the dude said that when Cody etc were announced they were not 100% settled on the other un-named characters. And also that made me hope that as they have made a Hugo model already maybe he could be taken out of the background and put into the game!

Som, they said the list has been pre-determined well before the first announcement for SSFIV. Nothing's going to change now apart from balancing/tweaks.

fluxcore

Yeah I'm pretty sure that initial leaked char list is dead on.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

electric

If Makoto is in, I'll be stoked...

Karakusa was a great command grab and lead to some devastating stun combos... Also Lenny, by kick super, you mean SA2, right ? the one where she does a dive kick, a couple punches, then launches them in to the air for max juggles ?
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

Lennysaurus

Quote from: electric on December 16, 2009, 03:52:25 PM

Karakusa was a great command grab and lead to some devastating stun combos... Also Lenny, by kick super, you mean SA2, right ? the one where she does a dive kick, a couple punches, then launches them in to the air for max juggles ?

Yes thats the one.  Im kinda torn between Deejay, Guy, and Makoto at the moment.  I guess ill make a decision when it comes out.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

fluxcore

Barnstorm

Quote from: The Lenny on December 16, 2009, 03:53:56 PM
Quote from: electric on December 16, 2009, 03:52:25 PM

Yes thats the one.  Im kinda torn between Deejay, Guy, and Makoto at the moment.  I guess ill make a decision when it comes out.

with sf4 game mechanics i dont think makoto will be that much to fuss about

she would probably play alot like gouken now i think about it just without a fireball

electric

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 16, 2009, 04:11:56 PM

she would probably play alot like gouken now i think about it just without a fireball

I'm not entirely convinced... The way the devs seem to be doing things (so far true with Cody and Guy) is to pick a character that they want in the game and just bring them over in their entirety (for the most part) ... Guy kept his chains, Cody has the knife, bad spray and would have had the dodge if it wasn't over powered, Apparently Dudley has all his chains/target combos... I don't see why they wouldn't give Makoto the things that made her so good in 3s... I'm not saying that she WILL be a direct 3S port, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Barnstorm

Quote from: electric on December 16, 2009, 04:39:53 PM

I'm not entirely convinced... The way the devs seem to be doing things (so far true with Cody and Guy) is to pick a character that they want in the game and just bring them over in their entirety (for the most part) ... Guy kept his chains, Cody has the knife, bad spray and would have had the dodge if it wasn't over powered, Apparently Dudley has all his chains/target combos... I don't see why they wouldn't give Makoto the things that made her so good in 3s... I'm not saying that she WILL be a direct 3S port, but I wouldn't rule it out.

im just saying look at her moves then look at gouken

i mean they both have a dash punch
throw into combo

just talking similarities between the two

what does she have that gouken doesnt?

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 16, 2009, 04:50:45 PM
Quote from: electric on December 16, 2009, 04:39:53 PM

im just saying look at her moves then look at gouken

i mean they both have a dash punch
throw into combo

just talking similarities between the two

what does she have that gouken doesnt?

Makoto's dash punch is fast

Makoto's throw is a command grab

100% stun combos

A dash that covers half the screen

strong normals

Axe kick in the air

Makoto is a character heavily dependent on rushdown and mixup. All goukens got is good zoning and big damage with virtually no mixup.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

The New Generation Clockw0rk

Barnstorm

Quote from: Toomeke on December 16, 2009, 05:30:40 PM

Makoto's dash punch is fast

Makoto's throw is a command grab

100% stun combos

A dash that covers half the screen

strong normals

Axe kick in the air

Makoto is a character heavily dependent on rushdown and mixup. All goukens got is good zoning and big damage with virtually no mixup.

while i agree with this it just to me seems like it would be similar to putting yun/yang in when you already have rufus

they would probably be better than rufus but very similar

HoneyBadger

Kinda like Ken, Ryu and Akuma. AMIRITE!?
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

DVS

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 17, 2009, 10:24:51 AM
Kinda like Ken, Ryu and Akuma. AMIRITE!?

Haha yeah dems all from the same dojo....

I'd like to see Rolento in super, but I thought if they add Ibuki (and it's pretty much a  given that she is in)..they'll never add him because they do have a similar play style in some respects.....but I'm still holding on to the dream.... :)

I wanna throw bombs & knives and hit people with a stick...is that so wrong?  ::)
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......