• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HoneyBadger

Quote from: hydrokinesis on December 17, 2009, 08:41:44 PM
Quote from: budafist on December 17, 2009, 08:00:45 PM

plus new characters can be pretty hit or miss. I mean the 4 new SF4 characters are....well kinda uneventful, Rufus was the only one that was used well in tournaments, and the novelty of the others wore off pretty quick.

I'm not trying to start shit or anything but, which tourney results are you going by? Cause what you just said is near 100% Bunkum. Abel and Viper have at least as much a showing, if not much more, than Rufus ever has.

I mean it's cool if that's your opinion and all, but what you've said ain't anywhere near a fact Buda.

Yup. Viper and da Rufoid raping SBO was pretty damager
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

Quote from: Smoofologist on December 18, 2009, 09:30:15 AM

Not to mention the Final was against Abel (and Dhalsim, I guess)... Stupid fucking depressing final :( Shiro would have had it won if he didn't get a falling sky instead of TT because of the inputs :'(

I cry myself to sleep every night because of that
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

Quote from: Barnstorm on December 18, 2009, 08:58:44 AM
im not sure about that look at tekken that never adds more than 4 characters per game and never drops old ones

they even bring back dead characters
i think people need familiar characters first before new ones

familiar characters are okay, but at least mix it up a bit. show some change at least. t3 was set like 18 years after t2, and they showed characters had changed and ish. we had some cool successors to old characters, like hwoarang replacing baek, and jin taking over kaz's role. paul came back, but this time he was a middle aged biker, and we had forest law instead of his old man. then too many peeps hate on t4, and they mess that is ish up in t5. whatever.

i think im hoping for too much change in sf, when there really is no need to. but just once, id like to see them change up an old characters movelist, ala kyo in kof 96/jin in t4.

Quote from: DVS on December 18, 2009, 09:09:15 AM
I kinda feel that they should use some characters from the EX series or reinvent some more characters from Street Fighter 1....instead of brand new characters....

i think the EX characters belong to arika, so i dont think anything will be happening with them. as for reusing sf1 characters, how many good characters were left from that? i like how they brought birdie back and made him black in alpha, and eagle made a return in cvs but i doubt people care enough about the original roster.

i mean why have geki, when vega already fulfills the claw ninja role.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bro what about the generic white guy and black guy from sf1 LOL.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: electric on December 18, 2009, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: Smoofologist on December 18, 2009, 09:30:15 AM

Not to mention the Final was against Abel (and Dhalsim, I guess)... Stupid fucking depressing final :( Shiro would have had it won if he didn't get a falling sky instead of TT because of the inputs :'(

I cry myself to sleep every night because of that
Man who gives a fuck about that nigga, wheres the mighty Sagat.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

I kinda feel that they should use some characters from the EX series or reinvent some more characters from Street Fighter 1....instead of brand new characters....

i think the EX characters belong to arika, so i dont think anything will be happening with them. as for reusing sf1 characters, how many good characters were left from that? i like how they brought birdie back and made him black in alpha, and eagle made a return in cvs but i doubt people care enough about the original roster.

[/quote]

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'd like to see Lee & Retsu (as he has a lot to do with Dan, Ryu and Sagats storyline)....

Mike is a barekunckle boxer (could be a good alt costume for Balrog)
Geki (could be a good alt costume for Vega)

Bummer about the ownership of EX characters....I'd love to go D. Dark and throw explosives all day long..... ::)

"Explosive, explosive...."
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CrazyMobius

Quote from: fluxcore on December 18, 2009, 08:00:22 AM

Well then you don't need to moan about it... ::)

Shush man, your gonna be late for Christmas.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on December 18, 2009, 10:37:05 AM

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I'd like to see Lee & Retsu (as he has a lot to do with Dan, Ryu and Sagats storyline)....

Mike is a barekunckle boxer (could be a good alt costume for Balrog)
Geki (could be a good alt costume for Vega)

Bummer about the ownership of EX characters....I'd love to go D. Dark and throw explosives all day long..... ::)

"Explosive, explosive...."
[/quote]

Mike is balrog bro.

In the storyline Geki is dead... although that didnt stop them bringing back Gouken lol.

I think Gen killed him iirc.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

electric

Quote from: The Lenny on December 18, 2009, 12:02:36 PM
In the storyline Geki is dead... although that didnt stop them bringing back Gouken lol.

Yeah... maybe instead of Gen killing him, he just went to sleep in a fucking cave.
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

Quote from: stereomonkey on December 17, 2009, 05:35:44 PM
Thats kinda shit tbh.  New characters are what the game needs.  Interesting NEW characters

Hehe, I like planting debatable subjects that relate to the topic even though it might not display what I really think.  ::)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I see all this love for geki, but all you really need is an alt costume for vega and youre set.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

geneterror

Since when could Vega teleport after throwing a smoke bomb.
KOW 2011

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny on December 18, 2009, 12:02:36 PM

they could find some bs reason to come back. bison and gouken came back. or maybe when gen kills, motherfuckers stay dead.

time to find a new technique akuma, demon dont cut it anymore bro  :D

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: geneterror on December 18, 2009, 12:54:38 PM
Since when could Vega teleport after throwing a smoke bomb.

Since SF1, when he was in that ninja costume.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.