• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 05, 2010, 03:25:40 PM
Hydro was talking about this aspect the other day and the speculation that charge characters ultras may change to quarter cirlce due to player request. I think although it would make things a bit fairer for those characters to ultra after dash cancel I think I would prefer them to stay as charge moves for the sake (of all things) tradition. WTF?

Personally, I kinda liked what they did in 3s where characters had charge AND command moves... command super arts worked in that game... It could work in SF4 too
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[8-----D] Toots

It would break some ultras imo. Imagine if Chun and Boxer's ultra was qcf x 2. They would have a move that didnt need charge that went straight through fireballs for huge damage. Guile with Ultra would be a bitch to get in on. Either the game would have to change significantly or they would have to tone down certain Ultras.

Sonic hurricane is retarded because it has like 1 frame of startup, is safe on block and covers like half of the screen.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: Toomeke on January 05, 2010, 04:28:01 PM
It would break some ultras imo. Imagine if Chun and Boxer's ultra was qcf x 2. They would have a move that didnt need charge that went straight through fireballs for huge damage. Guile with Ultra would be a bitch to get in on. Either the game would have to change significantly or they would have to tone down certain Ultras.

Sonic hurricane is retarded because it has like 1 frame of startup, is safe on block and covers like half of the screen.

I agree.

stereomonkey

Needs a c.rh cancel to sonic hurricane.  Yes, yes it does :P

(I couldn't find the mvc2 version :-\)
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

True, True, but I wasn't thinking about Chun or Boxer, but thats a good point.
But it would make quiet a change to the gameplay in a better way for guile, thats just what i reckon....

and im sure they wouldnt keep sonic hurricane move properties that similar to the other versions ??? would they ???
The New Generation Clockw0rk

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I can see sonic hurricane being a lot like Seth's super, but with a lot less vertical range, and a lot more horizontal range.

Its probably going to be quite easily comboable, whereas his other one is going to me more defensive (like it is now, obviously)

I can see the scaling being quite high, sort of like Ryu's ultra, especially if they were to go with properties that would hold the opponent in place/suck them in. (Since there would be a fuckton of hits happening)

Im basing these guesses on NOTHING, barring how I would personally attempt to impliment the ultra. But potentially this would make for some interesting gameplay for guile.

Retardedly inconcrete(opposite of concrete. Not actually a word as far as i know.) example:

It would mean that a defensive guile would be able to make better use of 'SWIPE', and someone that plays a pokey/aggressive/combolicious guile would get more out of the hurricane. On a flip side, an agressive guile could take SWIPE, and give himself a defensive option for when he is on the fence if his pressure is failing, and a turtle guile could take the hurricane to capitalise on damage from a sudden offense, before the opponent could react to the change in gameplay. After their ultra meters are gone, they could resume their gameplan, should they wish to.

You have 4 different (barely, ill admit) styles of gameplay for guile. A guile player could potentially pull out each one at an opportune time during a set.

This would be an interesing change for the better, provided that theres not such a huge sway in favour of turtling like there is in current SF4.

Birry Wong loves the random theories.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

I LOVE  your random theories....makes me get all excited about using guile in this game...weeeeeeee

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

And in response to

I doubt it will have that 1 startup frame in SSF4. Block safety could go either way. (Again, not basing this on ANYTHING, besides potential/logical properties of the move in SSF4)

But i can see it being made to only get the full benefit (ie most amount of hits) if it is A) Comboed in to. and B) Opponent is grounded, and at a certain distance. (So a full distance hurricane would also only result in a few hits, where as mid-range/close-range would unleash the sonic fury.)

That would balance it a bit, since as an anti-air, you could potentially either only get a couple of hits, or, due to guiles head being vulnerable, and most jump ins (that arent bait) being aimed at the opponents character, guile gets hit out of it. It would mean that if you wanted to use the ultra for this purpose, you would be better off choosing the other one.

It is definitely applicable without giving guile something broken. Even in this potential form, if they made it a command rather than a charge, it would work. Actually, it could be HORRENDOUSLY inneffective in this form if it was a charge. What capcom does with it will be interesting.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

It would break some ultras imo. Imagine if Chun and Boxer's ultra was qcf x 2. They would have a move that didnt need charge that went straight through fireballs for huge damage.

YES

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: samurai black on January 05, 2010, 11:51:22 PM
It would break some ultras imo. Imagine if Chun and Boxer's ultra was qcf x 2. They would have a move that didnt need charge that went straight through fireballs for huge damage.

YES
What like Abel,Ryu,Seth,Cammy and El fuerte? Two of those that are worse than Guile at this point in time.

And most of da Ultra's in this game can be used as AA.Sagat,Boxer,Rufus,Ryu,Blanka,Chun Li (shit but still works),Seth,Bison,C Viper, E.Honda,Gouken,Ken,Rose,Abel(With second hit of C.HP),Akuma, Dalsim, GUILE, Fei Long, Cammy ,Gen,El Fuerte,Vega, Duno bout Sakura and Dan. It's just dodge because of start up frames. So....... Guile would still suck balls cos it's not really about how you perform the move. And you can 1 frame Ultra from plenty of normals. Boxers jab Ultra.Chun Li jab Ultra. Blanka mk Ultra.C viper anything Ultra.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

What the phuck is Birry Wong on about ???

And even though they could and it wouldnt change shit, they should leave Guile charge because of the skill it takes to pre charge SB and keep up in FB fights.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] Optimus DAVE

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 06, 2010, 02:36:01 AM

And even though they could and it wouldnt change shit, they should leave Guile charge because of the skill it takes to pre charge SB and keep up in FB fights.

nah not change the motion for sb...just for his ultra

lol u need some more bourbons, your posts are starting to look sober  :P

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 06, 2010, 02:36:01 AM

I dont think you quite get it bro.

It would be next to impossible to get in on Guile if he had no charge on his sonic boom. His offense would be retarded too. Charge moves arent just charge moves for the sake of being different to motion type moves. Charge moves are given extra good properties to make up for the time and lack of mobility needed to execute the move.

Balrog already gives shotos a hard time because of his awesome pokes and decent offense. Now doing the Ultra thru fireballs is important in limiting  shotos options when fireballing. However it doesn't shutdown their fireball game as you need charge and positioning to ultra thru the fireball. Imagine how much of pain it would be when your dealing with balrog harassing you with his pokes and always knowing that when he is half screen or closer to you its a big risk to throw a fireball. Balrog would dominate the mid range and long range part of the game and only slightly lose out in close range.

Yeah most of the Ultra's can be used as anti airs but you have to think about how effective each of those characters zoning game is. Guile has probably the second best zoning game in 4. You will often need to take a gamble and jump into guile. Thing is that he gets bugger all damage from you when he does his anti air so its not that risky to jump in on Guile. Now if Guile has Ultra with qcfx2 motion then he can always ultra your jump in. Instead of getting hit with a c.hp you would be getting hit with Ultra.

fluxcore

for 2 hits, yippee!

compare with spaz-out dragon punch, ultra for mad damage.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: fluxcore on January 06, 2010, 10:11:41 AM
for 2 hits, yippee!

compare with spaz-out dragon punch, ultra for mad damage.

You can get full hits its not that hard.

But yea spaz out dp is dumb. What im saying is spaz out dp as the anti air and sonic boom as the fireball. Even dumber.