• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyMobius

Also Guile can't have Ultra as quarter circle unless they give him more recovery on his Sonic to compensate. And that wouldn't be worth it. Or at least make him a lot less fun to play.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Nah yeah bro, whats not to get.

Obviously they have to change properties. His recovery way too good for it to be qcf. I'm just saying look. Abel, Ryu, Seth, Cammy, El Fuerte, can all go through FB Ultra with qcf. Look how overpowered they are LMFAO. Cammy and fuerte are shit. It can be done, cos thats what you's were all TRYING to discuss, it being overpowered no? Of course they would change the properties. Who do you think I am, Smoof?

And everyone in the whole cast except Gief (Dunno bout Sakura and Dan) can Ultra AA. Guile second best zoning? LMAO, everyone knows (should) thats Ryu's spot.

This is a pointless discussion. Obviously properties would be changed if this bullshit (qcf charge chars) was EVER to even HAPPEN. Not like it will, or probably in scrub fighter 5 ( I sound like a 99er lol). It's not worth getting picky about now, as they are putting their genius minds together as we speak to correct imperfect balance issues to make it near perfect (hopes).

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

One word for all you phuckin net bangers.

SETH. QCF SB.....QCF ULTRA.....GOES THROUGH FUCKIN FB AT FULLSCREEN, EASY AA ULTRAABLE. MASH FUCKING DP. OVER POWERED? NO. SAME SB PROPERTIES AS GUILE? UHHH.....  FUCK NO!!!

WORST FUCKING DISCUSSION ON MY FAVE GAME EVVVVAAARRRRR.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Weazzy bro i was personally just theorycrafting about potential properties, uses, and balance for a sonic hurricane ULTRA.

And lets not forget that sonic hurricane in MVC2 is a QCF move, that does average damage, is quite easily comboed in to, and lacks decent damage as an anti air. His flash kick super would (like a lot of things) be broken in that game due to it being a qcf, IF that game didnt have air blocking.

In SF4, the same rule would apply, but sonic hurricane is a different matter, particularly in what i proposed.

Im not entirely sure what it is youre trying to argue.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 06, 2010, 11:10:05 AM
Weazzy bro i was personally just theorycrafting about potential properties, uses, and balance for a sonic hurricane ULTRA.

And lets not forget that sonic hurricane in MVC2 is a QCF move, that does average damage, is quite easily comboed in to, and lacks decent damage as an anti air. His flash kick super would (like a lot of things) be broken in that game due to it being a qcf, IF that game didnt have air blocking.

In SF4, the same rule would apply, but sonic hurricane is a different matter, particularly in what i proposed.

Im not entirely sure what it is youre trying to argue.
Do a bit of reading. I type really slow and i'm not repeating myself. I'm not arguing with you bro , or anyone really. I was talking about the Guile qcf, Charge chars ultra qcf going through FB and shit. Fuck you just made me repeat myself, do some fucking reading , i'm in a rage, GOD!!!.

[8-----D] Toots

Well I put Dhalsims zoning as number one then Guile Sagat and Ryu tied for second. Sagat and Ryu actually have the best but its only because of the huge damage that you will take because of trade dp, f.roundhouse and fadc ultras if you jump in at the wrong time. Guile would have the best if he had something in that vein.

Abel has shit pokes. Characters like Sagat and Ryu dont need to throw fireballs to beat him. Ryu only has to worry about Sagats fireball but once he gets into footsie range he rapes Sagat...plus he already has a fireball. Seths Ultra does fuck all damage and he doesnt need to get around fireballs to win. Cammy and Fuerte are like abel but worse. No damaging mixup up close and shit normals. Barring Ryu you just cant compare these characters to Chun and more so Boxer who have a very strong mid range game and a good close range game.

Its not pointless imo because it seems like some people dont understand how much a little motion change can effect a character. The best way to think about it is imagine if Abel, Ryu, Seth, EL FUERTE and Cammy had to charge for their Ultras.

Barnstorm

giving guile qcf for his ultra will put him in ryu or sagat status

but its a hard one to balance in older street fighters guile was easily top tier due to his zoning ability and quick fireball recovery
introduce super meter and guile gets significantly worse

so untill they give him a useful functional ultra hes gona be lower tier but a good one like sagat/ryu and he becomes top tier

maybe thats how they gona balance it make every1 as good as sagat

Barnstorm

Quote from: Toomeke on January 06, 2010, 11:39:29 AM
Well I put Dhalsims zoning as number one then Guile Sagat and Ryu tied for second. Sagat and Ryu actually have the best but its only because of the huge damage that you will take because of trade dp, f.roundhouse and fadc ultras if you jump in at the wrong time. Guile would have the best if he had something in that vein.

Abel has shit pokes. Characters like Sagat and Ryu dont need to throw fireballs to beat him. Ryu only has to worry about Sagats fireball but once he gets into footsie range he rapes Sagat...plus he already has a fireball. Seths Ultra does fuck all damage and he doesnt need to get around fireballs to win. Cammy and Fuerte are like abel but worse. No damaging mixup up close and shit normals. Barring Ryu you just cant compare these characters to Chun and more so Boxer who have a very strong mid range game and a good close range game.

Its not pointless imo because it seems like some people dont understand how much a little motion change can effect a character. The best way to think about it is imagine if Abel, Ryu, Seth, EL FUERTE and Cammy had to charge for their Ultras.

its funny you mention the change in ultra for others because i thought if you want to tone down sagat make his ultra a charge move and he would possibly drop from top tier down to mid with out the threat of an ultra all the time

fluxcore

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 06, 2010, 11:00:37 AM
One word for all you phuckin net bangers.

SETH. QCF SB.....QCF ULTRA.....GOES THROUGH FUCKIN FB AT FULLSCREEN, EASY AA ULTRAABLE. MASH FUCKING DP. OVER POWERED? NO. SAME SB PROPERTIES AS GUILE? UHHH.....  FUCK NO!!!

WORST FUCKING DISCUSSION ON MY FAVE GAME EVVVVAAARRRRR.

I'm not entirely sure whether you're saying Seth's SB is as good as sonic boom or not. For those that don't know, Seth's SB is NOT a sonic boom, it's nowhere NEAR as good. Recovery is very much like a normal fireball.
And of course his ultra does almost no damage.

Not to mention the balancing factor in Seth is how fucking weak he is, so even if it were the case you gave guile the awesome sonic boom AND the awesome ultra, then he'd still have normal health so it'd be more annoying. Of course, you have to HAVE ultra for all this crap to make ANY difference at all.

Upshot of discussion? Ultras are stupid anyway.

Anyway, anyone jumping in on Guile *should* fucking eat a good chunk of damage. Make cr.fp upper body invincible and do 50% damage imo, then he'll be as good as Ryu. DURRRR
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

OMFG BRO, ARE YOU FUCKED IN THE HEAD.

I just said fucking shit would have to change if there moves were to change. OMFG FFS.

You rambled off topic to the days with match up strat bullshit.

I been trying to tell you what you just fucking said. But now your trying to make the shit chars charge chars. Fucking read this shit.

Sometimes you gotta know when to go, '' Oh lol my bad '' or '' Oh yeah I forgot about that lol'' NOT '' Fuck, now I gotta talk shit and mix it up to not sound like a retard''.

And to Flux, thats what I meant, all the shit they want for Guile COULD be done. But things like the recovery and shit (''properties'') I cant be fucked explaing would have to change for OBVIOUS (balance for dumb fuck shits) reasons. Same shit as what I ...........OHHHHHH PHUCK IT.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Toomeke on January 05, 2010, 04:28:01 PM
It would break some ultras imo. Imagine if Chun and Boxer's ultra was qcf x 2. They would have a move that didnt need charge that went straight through fireballs for huge damage.
OK, i'll try make it clear this time.

What like Abel, Ryu, Seth, Cammy and El Fuerte. You could dumb down Boxers pokes, make his dash punch unsafe, other shit blah blah pointles discussion AKA Cammy. Same sorta shit with Chun Li blah blah point....lesssss. Its just a fucking command, it's not incredibly difficult to balance that out, theres more examples as i tried to tell you 's with SETH being the big one, that awnsers your discussion on '' Guile being impossible to get in on'' AND QCF Ultra's through FB. And Flux's unitentional sarcastic post ''Seths FB sux, Ultra takes off shit, his dmg is shit'' (durr). There's plenty more examples (other chars that you's had no part in creating,wow). And endless possibilties of what you yourself can think of.

[8-----D] Toots

I just wrote out a post but your last post shows that you do actually get it.

Your other posts made it seem like you didn't understand what was going on.

Man having discussions on the internet is so hard

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Toomeke on January 06, 2010, 12:58:30 PM
I just wrote out a post but your last post shows that you do actually get it.

Your other posts made it seem like you didn't understand what was going on.

Man having discussions on the internet is so hard

Fuck yeah.

Actually i wasnt clear at all, my bad lol.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

I fucking hate you guys. I type out a massive post showing exactly where the confusion lies. Explained everyones point of view, with the hopes of generally making shit easier. And you fuckers resolve it before i get finished, so now, the only thing worth posting (barely) is THIS reply complaining about how i didnt get to post my awesome conversation breakdown.

Fuckers.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black