• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[8-----D] Toots

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2010, 11:24:10 AM

I think sim's (although i think it looks crap) could be useful too, given the angle he grabs the opponent from.

And im already thinking of potential uses for fuerte's. Imagine an RSF that ends in run -> stop -> ultra instead of slide. (Works assuming similar startup proerties to gief's ultra) So everyone decides to try to jump out of it by holding up? Then it ends in run -> stop -> guac for a decent damage reset.

Yeah most of the Ultra's look useful. I only pointed out Ken cos he was the only one in the vid that didnt have a useful one in 4.

Im already dreading what could be done with Fuerte's Ultra. If it has Start up like Giefs then its gonna be a lol fest. I would probably quit playing tbh.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Ahtheyre all banned consoles so no good :(

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: Toomeke on January 07, 2010, 11:31:33 AM
Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 07, 2010, 11:24:10 AM

I think sim's (although i think it looks crap) could be useful too, given the angle he grabs the opponent from.

And im already thinking of potential uses for fuerte's. Imagine an RSF that ends in run -> stop -> ultra instead of slide. (Works assuming similar startup proerties to gief's ultra) So everyone decides to try to jump out of it by holding up? Then it ends in run -> stop -> guac for a decent damage reset.

Yeah most of the Ultra's look useful. I only pointed out Ken cos he was the only one in the vid that didnt have a useful one in 4.

Im already dreading what could be done with Fuerte's Ultra. If it has Start up like Giefs then its gonna be a lol fest. I would probably quit playing tbh.

Realistically i doubt its going to be much mroe applicable than giefs ultra. And i SEVRELY doubt its going to do the same damage. Especially if you can lol your way into it through an RSF. Plus if youre not using the teabag sunrise youre taking away his best anti air.

Its one of those things that we're only going to know when the game is released. Im personally looking forward to it.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

That V thing on Colossus Gief looks rude. That alt in black would look phat though. I think Rufus got the best alt bro, he actually looks different now. LOL at Dans a Niuean.  What happened to Dee Jays jamaican accent mun. What does Sagat say? ''Now where your after is twisted''?. And does Cody say '' I fight by myself now oi''

. Yeah , you could still combo off Kens new ultra, and what was wrong with his old Ultra? Other chars could only dream of landing their Ultra, like Dhalsim lol. DSim's ultra looks pretty funny. Zangief's ultra copied Armour Kings throw. El fuerte's tortilla Ultra LOOKS cool and all, but I just hope it's useful, and doesnt end up being like his other Ultra where you leave your whole play style behind to try land the fucker only to be let down ( more like punished up the arse) by a bit of off timing.

Oh man Fei Long, knee breaker, 1 inch punch, fucking baddd. Funny how he 1 inch punch then Ryu goes flying back then lands on his knees. Ryu's one just like Goukens one but different end.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

DVS

Quote from: Toomeke on January 07, 2010, 11:18:42 AM

Man the Ultra's are starting to get retarded now. Too much flow of the game is lost when you have long cinematic crap like that imo.

Yeah I totally agree, there starting to get OTT with the time....there are taunts and all sorts of extras in the Ultras now.....anyone for time victories? we might be seeing a whole bunch more of them.....  :P
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

Lennysaurus

Yeah I am slightly conflicted...

On one hand the ultras are starting to take waaay too long... on the other hand, they look fucking AWESOME!!!

If fuertes grab is decent EX Run into stall and grab could be lol times.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

someone at srk timed the new ultras , apparently they are no longer than some of the existing ones on sf4 , probably just cos theyre new they seem longer .
Anyway like leo said , they look fucking awesome 8)

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

man I wish they would have an option to turn off ultras though , and supers too ..
Would change the game intirely and would be a neat option .
2010 super Street fighter  :)

[8-----D] Toots

::) ::) ::)

I really dont get why they look awesome.

The Ultras in vanilla showed the character beating up the opponent. Most of the new ones are fools flying around the screen looking like idiots and saying dumb shit.

SFIV is already a stop start kinda game and Ultra's just make it worse. There is fuck all flow or rhythm to the game and now they are making it worse.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

but they all show them beating the other character up , only zangief and fuerte are up in the air spinning round , but they did that in sf4 so whats the prob ?

Also hows the rhythm being interupted and made worse if the ultras are no longer than vanilla sf4s like the guy on srk mentioned ?

Theyre just new cool different looking ultras , I dont see the problem

Lennysaurus

I think bens referring to the way pressure works in SFIV, and how ultra's in general, not just the new ones, continue to add to that particular issue.

Im interested in seeing what gens new ones are like.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Yea same, i like em. I didnt notice them being too long.

Chun Li 's new alt and that V on Collosus is the big problem here. And if theres a Niuean Dan, Hondas alt better be the fucking maori one.

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

stereomonkey

Quote from: weazzyefff on January 07, 2010, 02:36:16 PM
Chun Li 's new alt and that V on Collosus is the big problem here. And if theres a Niuean Dan, Hondas alt better be the fucking maori one.

Niuean Dan, sounds wrong... more like Islander Dan.  Thats better :P

Also, yes.  The ultras are getting ridicous.  How come they dont have more Projectile ultras instead of the command grab/throw/combo ultra?
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 07, 2010, 02:31:20 PM
I think bens referring to the way pressure works in SFIV, and how ultra's in general, not just the new ones, continue to add to that particular issue.

Im interested in seeing what gens new ones are like.

Thats a vanilla sf4 issue then as well ?

If that rumor thing keeps being right ,  Gen gets 4 ultras , 2 for each stance .
Looks like you will be very busy on setups for all of those !!!!

[8-----D] Toots

Maybe its just me but Fuerte Gief and Sims Ultras look like they were put in for comic relief. I like Ryus, think Fei Longs is cool and Kens aint bad just to make myself clear.

Also it seems that all of the new Ultra's are long not just a couple like in vanilla.

I just really don't like long Ultras and didn't like them in sfiv either.

When you saw Shin Shoryuken in sfiii it looks different and really stands out. Its like they are trying to give that wow effect to every Ultra and it makes everything seem bland.

IDK maybe Im just a hater but I would much prefer short and sweet Ultra's that had some original ideas rather than these long boring ones.