• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

Quote from: fluxcore on January 13, 2010, 05:13:07 PM
Why? KIKOSHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

aww, im not giving her the ditch, ima still rock her, shes still my go to character, i just want ANOTHER character to mess with in SSF4. but yeah, nice having an ultra thas useable off EX legs outside of corner

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sagat:

+ Standing light kick now hits twice.

Wtf? Good to see his HP and TU damage reduced slightly. A small step in the right direction.

Akuma

+ New Ultra: Demon Armageddon. Up, Up + 3x Kick command. Doesn't seem to have many ways to combo into it, can't be used as anti-air. Also will miss crouching opponents.

The Akuma nerfs i agree with, but THAT is pretty fucking lame.

Gouken

+ New Ultra: Denjin Hadoken. This can be charged up so it's unblockable like Ryu's Denjin Hadoken in Third Strike. If you don't charge it up, it's blockable though.

Good to see this is unblockable. Must not have been fully charged in the video we all saw. If the setups are easy like 3S, this will be a scrubkiller.

Awesome Abel changes too. He's shaping up well.

Id say a lot of changes were missed though, but for the most part, its looking pretty good i reckon.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

[8-----D] Toots

The two hits on the standing light kick will more than likely mean he can't cancel the second hit into specials. Pretty decent nerf as this will limit his tiger knee lockdown and footsies.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Yea ben i thought of that after i posted it. Definitely a significant nerf.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 14, 2010, 08:20:45 AM
Sagat:

+ Standing light kick now hits twice.

Wtf? Good to see his HP and TU damage reduced slightly. A small step in the right direction.

Akuma

+ New Ultra: Demon Armageddon. Up, Up + 3x Kick command. Doesn't seem to have many ways to combo into it, can't be used as anti-air. Also will miss crouching opponents.

The Akuma nerfs i agree with, but THAT is pretty fucking lame.

Gouken

+ New Ultra: Denjin Hadoken. This can be charged up so it's unblockable like Ryu's Denjin Hadoken in Third Strike. If you don't charge it up, it's blockable though.

Good to see this is unblockable. Must not have been fully charged in the video we all saw. If the setups are easy like 3S, this will be a scrubkiller.

I'm kinda two minds about Akuma....I don't think he should've been as nerfed as he was.....with the damage he takes and all, it is a challenge to get near the fucker but when you do he takes damage like a bitch....he needs those tricks to get in, attack and get the hell outta there.....I don't really use Akuma, but I've fought against some good players and he can be deadly in the right hands...but it does take skill to pull those combos off....

Looks like Sagat also has a new move, he clutches his scar and he flashes yellow - it's some kinda charge move (kinda like Juggernauts) I think it gives him extra strength for a short period of time.....does anyone else know anything about this?
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

fluxcore

He had a powerup move in some other street fighter as well, can't remember which. A3 perhaps? Sounds stupid enough to be in that game, lol :)

As for the lk hitting twice, yeah you better hope it's not O.Sagat cancellable! I thought his cr.lk was more of a problem than s.lk though? Not that I play against any sagats. Or SF4.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

DVS

Quote from: fluxcore on January 14, 2010, 08:46:35 AM
He had a powerup move in some other street fighter as well, can't remember which. A3 perhaps? Sounds stupid enough to be in that game, lol :)

Think it was Alpha 2.....easy on the Alpha 3 fulla it's close to my heart  :'(

It seems to have invincibility frames in Super....could be useful.

Lennysaurus

He does the power up in alpha 3.

Only works in A-ism.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 09:10:14 AM

Only works in A-ism.

I knew you'd know about this  ;)

What properties did it have?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: DVS on January 14, 2010, 09:24:07 AM

Only works in A-ism.

It's called "Tiger Charge" and is done with QCF+Start.  It makes the next Tiger Uppercut do double damage.  In Alpha 3 it didn't have the "dodge" that it appears to have in SSFIV.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 14, 2010, 09:28:26 AM
Quote from: DVS on January 14, 2010, 09:24:07 AM

Only works in A-ism.

It's called "Tiger Charge" and is done with QCF+Start.  It makes the next Tiger Uppercut do double damage.  In Alpha 3 it didn't have the "dodge" that it appears to have in SSFIV.

Hmmmm, interesting.

Thanks Lenny,

We should have another Alpha warm up jam to get used to the new Alpha additions dude....I know you know a few more tricks with Guy, Adon, & Cody....

I'll be at Yifans on Fri arvo if your down....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Akuma is 'ok' at low level play, only because these players will be getting hit a lot more, so the health is far more significant an issue. At high level play he dominates the entire cast. That includes Sagat. But because of sagats current damage, hes still a higher tier because he just has to land one combo and its game over.

Gene you should get GGPO and jump on with us for the ST/Alpha awesomeness.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

DVS

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 14, 2010, 10:00:07 AM
Akuma is 'ok' at low level play, only because these players will be getting hit a lot more, so the health is far more significant an issue. At high level play he dominates the entire cast. That includes Sagat. But because of sagats current damage, hes still a higher tier because he just has to land one combo and its game over.

Gene you should get GGPO and jump on with us for the ST/Alpha awesomeness.

Hmmm yeah, when someone knows their shit wif Akuma he can dominate....I've been on the receiving end of at least one Akuma beatdown....not sure what hue's mates name is but his Akuma styles were tricky....

Sounds tempting man...I haven't played Alpha against a real opponent in forever....

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

yeah why dont you just get ggpo then you can play as much as you want without dropping coins into the arcade . And you can play leo from home .
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "