• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpb123

Sakura
+ Her fireball does not fade out now.

I think i just came sf4 cream....

( YES! )

O another thing bring back evil ryu :(

kingpiccolo

all i can say is im glad sakura has her mk cross up back.

CrazyMobius

I would like to hear Graham's thoughts on Sakura's buffs.

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on January 17, 2010, 09:14:59 AM
I would like to hear Graham's thoughts on Sakura's buffs.

I'm no Graham, but I'll give it a go

I think it may have been Lenny that said a while back that if Sakura gets her cross up mk, she would be pretty beast (maybe OP?) -- I kind of agree with this... Sakura has great pokes, a decent walk speed and a fast sweep. Once she gets that first knock down, ambiguous cross-up into hit confirmed EX tatsu = mix up city. She's got an under-rated overhead, tons of 3 frame normals, invincible reversal in EX shouken and deals a boat load of stun... not to mention she can easily land Ultra with one stock (although it does do shit damage)... I think this one change will make her pretty damn good assuming she doesn't get any nerfs (which she probably will... maybe stun damage or EX meter gain rate)... Solid upper-mid in my books

As for non-fading fireball... meh - fireballs aren't a huge part of her game since they are pretty shocking as it is... There may be a few good tweaks to the recovery, but I can't really comment on that now since all we know is that it doesn't fade. Could be useful for full screen, but as Sakura you don't really want to be there anyway
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

geneterror

Quote from: kingpiccolo on January 16, 2010, 10:58:16 PM
all i can say is im glad sakura has her mk cross up back.
Pretty much, fireball going full screen is cool as well but finally having her crossup back instead of that terrible light kick crossup is the best news!
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Well... pretty sure blanka will still beat her soundly.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

geneterror

Yeah Sakura already has a bit going for her but cmon she's like Akuma/Seth in terms of damage/stamina both of which alreay have decent crossups AND TELEPORTS. Seth has a command grab and a dragon that actually works as antiair plus hits 3 times and in Akumas case standing roundhouse, Demon Flip mixups, an Ultra that does a stupid amount of damage and a fucking triple fireball.
She does a lot of stun but she doesn't really do a lot of damage and her current Ultra is one of the least damaging ones in the game.

KOW 2011

samurai black

her ultra II is so awesome. anti air fireball omg

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Sakura is similar to fuerte in that she has all the tools, but just doesnt have the damage. Shes pretty beast in the right hands as it is anyway.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Sak has decent damage.  400 damage for one EX metre is fine, which leads into possible mixup.

I dont think she'll be overpowered, but she will definitely be alot better with her old crossup back.

Sak's potential really opens up when you can do all her links properly, allowing you to hit confirm into everything for great damage.

I think the new ultra will be really useful for her... particularly in the corner, which will tack on more damage, and let her possibly continue her mixup.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on January 17, 2010, 01:57:58 PM
Sak has decent damage.  400 damage for one EX metre is fine, which leads into possible mixup.

I dont think she'll be overpowered, but she will definitely be alot better with her old crossup back.

Sak's potential really opens up when you can do all her links properly, allowing you to hit confirm into everything for great damage.

I think the new ultra will be really useful for her... particularly in the corner, which will tack on more damage, and let her possibly continue her mixup.

I can see her being quite dangerous with that new Ultra -all of her current juggles ending in an anti air metsu...that's quite noice  :P
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

electric

Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean that she'd be overpowered, just that I thought Lenny mentioned she MAY have been OP with her old cross up -- if that's a misquote, then apologies all round.

If you have great execution, she's definitely as beast as any other character. Like Lenny said, she can hit confirm practically EVERYTHING. Giving her back the old MK cross up will help her out a lot... I can picture the shenanigans now!
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

HoneyBadger

They should give her the proper old broken 50/50 crossup... Yup mean  8)
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on January 17, 2010, 12:16:54 PM
Sakura is similar to fuerte in that she has all the tools, but just doesnt have the damage. Shes pretty beast in the right hands as it is anyway.

have you played sf4??

ryu has all the tools i wouldnt say fuertes close to having ALL the tools