• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 15, 2010, 06:50:47 PM
For some reason I never think of Abel as big. Him and Seth share the same body right? I'm pretty sure Seth's fighting stance is the same as Gills and I always thought Gill was a clone of Alex so maybe...

seths got a whole lotta stuff from urien/gill. hopefully theyll explain why in ssf4. or not at all.

maybe its just me, but i think abel is bigger than seth.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: electric on February 15, 2010, 06:57:15 PM
You take that shit back... that's BLASPHEMY!!!

HE'S THE BIG FRENCH BRUISER!!!!!!!!!

Well yeah he does look big when he stands up straight I guess. But he aint Alex big.

Man they should have put Alex in Super. I mean it's a bit greedy having both Makoto and Ibuki since usually the players who play one usually play the other. His moveset would have worked really well with the SF4 system too.  :(

FearlessNewbie

not sure if this been posted already or not:

Aditya posted this image of some Super Street Fighter 4 characters, which isn't too interesting upon first glance, but a closer look under the Blanka toy might show the first public image of Hakan, who's rumored to be one of the new characters in the game.
A few people stated this image was from a Famitsu blog, but it no longer appears on the page. What do you think?

Story contributed by Jlb95, Mah-Boi and Melvargh.

A Newbie but Fearless!

CrazyMobius

Quote from: FearlessNewbie on February 15, 2010, 11:47:04 PM

A few people stated this image was from a Famitsu blog, but it no longer appears on the page. What do you think?

Firstly what Blanka toy IS that?! I think Resaurus released a Blanka figure a while ago but that doesn't look like the same one.

As for Hakan he looks pretty cool there.

Mind you Hakan isn't confirmed yet...

electric

Quote from: CrazyMobius on February 15, 2010, 10:44:55 PM
But he aint Alex big.

Abel: Alternate costume, colour 10.

You tell me THAT isn't big
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: samurai black on February 15, 2010, 07:06:00 PM
seths got a whole lotta stuff from urien/gill. hopefully theyll explain why in ssf4. or not at all.

maybe its just me, but i think abel is bigger than seth.

Abel = soldier with no memory.

Alex = wears cargo pants

Soldiers wear cargo pants

Abel = Alex.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 16, 2010, 09:16:30 AM
Abel = soldier with no memory.

Alex = wears cargo pants

Soldiers wear cargo pants

Abel = Alex.

Abel wears shorts...

Guile wears cargo pants...

shee-it...I wear cargo shorts!!!

I might be Abel...or Guile...?

Shorts is a funny word...
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

From the latest sf4 blog

Q: Please get rid of the shortcuts. Please.
A: I believe the shortcuts have their pros and cons, and with that in mind they are still in the game. However, I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves.

Super sf4 may be quite a different game to sf4 with the tweaks im starting to read about .

new info also
part 1
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/12/partial-translation-latest-ssf4-blog-new-images/

part2
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/15/part-2-shiozawas-japanes-ssf4-blog-q/

hinting that evil ryu might be in the game as a hidden character as well as a few other hints ....
also shows vipers new alt and guile with his sunglasses on doing sonic hurricane
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

samurai black

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 16, 2010, 06:32:50 PM
hinting that evil ryu might be in the game as a hidden character as well

what a boring character.

give me SATSUI NO HADOU BLANKA

xpunch

Quote from: B1ackstar Ninja on February 16, 2010, 06:32:50 PM
From the latest sf4 blog

Q: Please get rid of the shortcuts. Please.
A: I believe the shortcuts have their pros and cons, and with that in mind they are still in the game. However, I will say that we are reconsidering the shoryuken as well as other moves.

Super sf4 may be quite a different game to sf4 with the tweaks im starting to read about .

new info also
part 1
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/12/partial-translation-latest-ssf4-blog-new-images/

part2
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/feb/15/part-2-shiozawas-japanes-ssf4-blog-q/

hinting that evil ryu might be in the game as a hidden character as well as a few other hints ....
also shows vipers new alt and guile with his sunglasses on doing sonic hurricane

yeah I gave that a read last night on srk getting me all hyped n shizz lol.

Quote from: samurai black on February 16, 2010, 06:34:41 PM
what a boring character.

give me SATSUI NO HADOU BLANKA

give me GARUDA

xpunch

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=215158&page=11

keno says from his twitter accnt
@XKenoX18 "SSF4 WAS SICK!!!"

"in SSF4 i think Seth is really strong. Gen is not the same hahaah yeb! abels breathless is great. Sagat ... not going to talk about it. ..."

"i played balrog. hes still the same. some ex moves seem faster. sagat seems weaker but the angry scar is very effective."

Keno later added "seth owns everyone >_<"

good news for the ppl that main seth, tho i think flux is the only good seth player iv seen.

im not to keen 2 be on the receiving end of a angry scar (charged) tiger uppercut fadc f.hk ultra nooooooooooooooo max damage :o.

good to hear boxer's ex moves seem faster since i always end up scrubbing out with a full screen ex upper or str8 running str8 into an ultra lol  :-\

samurai black

i suppose angry scar is there to make up for the slight damage nerf

zos'la

seth was wrong in teh first place :D
ugly basa
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: xpunch on February 16, 2010, 07:01:53 PM

good news for the ppl that main seth, tho i think flux is the only good seth player iv seen.

Hydro plays a nasty Seth also. The good news there won't be many Seth's floating around due to his delicate execution.