• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Pre-release Super Street Fighter IV details

Started by iMagneto, September 20, 2009, 12:56:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Seth doesn't actually beat him THAT badly if the Gief knows what to do.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

xpunch

Quote from: Barnstorm on February 25, 2010, 01:16:55 PM
bro just dont play boxer against gief
regardless of skill level i hate that match up on the boxer end i just end up mind fuckin myself till i lose

I gota agree with you on that one bro, itz a mesd up match for Rog but i like the challenge, and if i win the match against a good gief i feel like im a cool guy  8) def a hard match for the Boxer.

Atleast in super street i can give gief a taste of his own medicine with Rogs new Dirty Bull ultra adds a whole new play style to him, since he probly be more dangerous up close jump in's could end with an ultra depending on the start up as iv heard it takes a while, but man i just wana play it already! hahaha.

Quote from: fluxcore on February 25, 2010, 01:48:53 PM
Seth doesn't actually beat him THAT badly if the Gief knows what to do.

oh right  ;) i don't know much about that match up i just remember mason beating out jay.p's gief with seth and it looked like gief couldnt even touch him.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Birry Wong frowns upon counter-picking.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

Pshh. I still beat his Rog with Seth afterwards  ;D

Barnstorm

Quote from: ILL_BILL on February 25, 2010, 04:40:42 PM
Birry Wong frowns upon counter-picking.
while i also dislike it counter picking it is always there in sf unless they put in a universal system(parry) its unavoidable since some characters cant win in certain situations eg against fireball traps

but in general if your good enough with a character you wont lose to a counter pick

Lennysaurus

You dont really need to counter pick in SF4 imo.  Not that many matched that are more than a 6-4.

You  just really need learn the individual matchups... much more so than any other game in my opinion

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Barnstorm on February 26, 2010, 08:49:08 AM
while i also dislike it counter picking it is always there in sf unless they put in a universal system(parry) its unavoidable since some characters cant win in certain situations eg against fireball traps

but in general if your good enough with a character you wont lose to a counter pick

O.o 3S matchups are some of the worse. Far more so than SF4. EVERY character has a way around fireballs in 4.
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

Barnstorm

Quote from: OLEET on February 26, 2010, 01:46:39 PM
O.o 3S matchups are some of the worse. Far more so than SF4. EVERY character has a way around fireballs in 4.

well i stand corrected
i always thought it was footsie and parry dependant

DVS

The only counter pick that really gets my goat is Vega Vs Blanka.......

Thats fucking hard work, Blanka's roll beats out everything that Vega has....and clash hits arn't worth it if you wana try and standing HK them rolls.....if Blanka's up on health - you have to attack him from this point you are fuct..... :'(

I've noticed that Vega is really awesome against Rog....Wickedways destroys my Ryu everytime....but I actually won a game with Vega against his Rog a couple of weeks back....could be that he doesn't know the match up...

Run-a-ways stylez against some characters make it fucking hard work from them to get in....

Ken also eats shit against Vega...... ::)

It's guna be some kinda wild getting to know all the new match ups...and then again depending on which ultra they choose....this will change the play style completely.....I am sooooo looking forward to fighting some of you third strikers in SSF4....Dudley looks like powerhouse
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

CptMunta

You guys read this?:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1306

SSF4 Interview with Seth Killian

Says that Super is balance patchable. Woot! Whether they will tweak it or not if it's horribly unbalanced is another story. I really hope it's at least as even as this version at the very least.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

samurai black

i thought he just says its technically possible...

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: CptMunta on February 27, 2010, 09:14:42 PM
You guys read this?:

http://www.hadoken.net/?p=1306

SSF4 Interview with Seth Killian

Says that Super is balance patchable. Woot! Whether they will tweak it or not if it's horribly unbalanced is another story. I really hope it's at least as even as this version at the very least.

"11- What is the possibility of SSF4 getting a patch balance post release?

We’re confident in the balancing work, but of course the competitive community of players will have the last word on the results.  A patch is possible, but we’re not planning on one apart from the free Tournament Mode DLC update."
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: Barnstorm on February 26, 2010, 04:04:57 PM
well i stand corrected
i always thought it was footsie and parry dependant

Look at footsies for characters like Chun in 3S hahahahahahaha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

electric

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

samurai black

looks kinda like wario/haggar fusion