• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

BlazBlue: Continuum Shift

Started by Gino, October 01, 2009, 08:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 05, 2010, 02:43:53 PM
Where you stay bro?

I rock the blazblue a bit.  Wouldnt mond playing some.
KOW 2011

Squares

I'm in the Awhitu peninsula, it's about an hour directly from Auckland central. A little bit further aways than b1ackstars in Pukekohe. You go through Waiuku and up into the countryside... Super easy to get to.
Nyaaaa

Lennysaurus

Quote from: Squares on March 05, 2010, 08:16:45 PM
I'm in the Awhitu peninsula, it's about an hour directly from Auckland central. A little bit further aways than b1ackstars in Pukekohe. You go through Waiuku and up into the countryside... Super easy to get to.

I was raised near Tuakau in a little town called Pokeno naot far from where you live.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 06, 2010, 07:09:11 AM
I was raised near Tuakau in a little town called Pokeno naot far from where you live.

Lenny is an awesome guy and when I grow up I wanna be just like him.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: ILL_BILL on March 06, 2010, 07:14:34 AM
Lenny is an awesome guy and when I grow up I wanna be just like him.

Why thank you Bill, thats so nice of you.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

samurai black

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on March 06, 2010, 07:09:11 AM

lenny bro, tell your cousins in tuakau to stop bashing cops  :P

gunsmoke

LiFe iS gOoD wHeN u WaNa Be!

fluxcore

That's probably not too bad a hike from hamilton either then? Wouldn't mind some more BB.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

Recently acquired this for PSP. Well BB CT

Seems to be the sameish gameplay wise from a noobish first glance, just lower res sprites that were scaled and not redrawn so they look poo scaled up but fine on the small screen and with 2D backgrounds.

Slowly getting into it. Some things are starting to click. Started with Ragna and now am trying Bang and Noel. Would like to pick up Carl he seems spinny as.

Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

maelgrim

All the MvC3 talk has got me exited about other fighters.

So BB CS is hitting Consoles in Japan July 1st
and in U.S July 20th.

From Wiki

"On February 8, 2010, it was revealed through Famitsu that Continuum Shift will be getting a port to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. This port includes a brand-new, console-exclusive character: μ-12 (Mu-Twelve), the true form of Noel Vermillion, possibly as a new secret boss character similar to Unlimited Ragna in the first game.

The port is arcade perfect and will also include new stages, the Legion Mode from the PSP version of Calamity Trigger, and revamped versions of the original stages. There is also a new Tutorial mode similar to Street Fighter IV that shows the players the basics of the game's system. A final price has not been confirmed, but it has been confirmed through Dengeki that the release date in Japan will be July 1, 2010, and there will be a limited edition of the game as done previously with Calamity Trigger, which will include an art book and a Nendoroid figure of Noel.

Aksys Games announced that the US version of the game will come on July 20, 2010."
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

stereomonkey

Quote from: maelgrim on April 21, 2010, 11:07:20 AM
All the MvC3 talk has got me exited about other fighters.

Sadly, it didn't get me THAT excited :P
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

snowystepo

im going to get a jap limited version if possible

maelgrim

Info from a recent famitsu interview that I found on gamefaqs

"- When asked about GG and BB series as similar he responded that they are both very different games in terms of gameplay.

- He says to him Blazblue is the new GuiltyGear and will be a flagship title to their name for future games to come.

- He wants to deliver things most fighting games do not, such as being unable to really hit a character just because they're down on the ground. (Referencing SSF4?) and with this game you can.

- The main series of the game will ALWAYS be a 2D fighting game. (Possibly refering to what happened with the GG Games)

- They had enough time from the Arcade port to the console port to make a few changes to the characters.

- One of the hard things were the graphics, this is because the animation sheets take up 1.5 the amount the Guilty Gear ones took up.

- The reactions of all the characters to specific characters have expanded a lot as well, in fact even against the same characters their expressions will change! Keep notice of these!

- For him the games have to be fun and competetive, if it's just competetive or it's just fun it doesn't fully make a fighting game purchasable. He also feel's admiration of this from Capcom's Street Fighter 4.

- He see's Capcom as a rival that they strive to overcome, as to him Capcom is currently the King of fighting games.

- The Arcade version for him is the worst impression to give the game because they needed to compress everything for the Arcade, expect full detail in the Console version.

- The story will take 30 hours to beat, 1 1/2 -2 hours per every character.

- Story Mode will progress a bit more like GGXX's series where the gameplay will have more of a tie-in to the story then the 1st game.

- An example is there will be some places where characters will be at full power, toakaka might fight slower from eating too much things like that.

- All characters will also be appearing as unique boss versions in different storylines.

- Out of all the Astral Finishes only 3 have retained their originals from the Arcade

- He highly recommends to see Jin's new Astral Heat!!

- Most voice actors contributed from 500-700 lines worth of voice acting.

- Many mysteries will be solved but more will appear as well.

- Parts in the Arcade mode will be answered as well.

- Opening is done by Gonzo yet again."
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?