• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

S-KILL runs his mouth

Started by [NIUE] weazzyefff, October 09, 2009, 06:38:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] weazzyefff

On eventhubs S-kill runs his mouth about Tekken and Namco.

s kill-
Pimp hats, platform shoes, and clown noses are for the Namco games :P Capcom is about icons (even if they're a bit comical sometimes) and about the fighting. Do ANY Tekken/Soul Calibur characters have the presence or resonance of the original Street Fighter 2 cast? Tekken is a successful and fun franchise, but that kind of customization is a big reason why the characters seem a bit interchangeable and generic.

weazzyefff-
lol, tekken owns in char originality, ryu,ken,akuma,sagat, and many more could all be one person.And it would be way cooler if they had more costumes and items to customise their look. Fock the same old karate uniform in dif colours or with ripped shirt. What about ryu in a hoodie with sneakers, they did that to jin in tekken 4 and it was like so awesome, and they changed jins moves so he wasnt a kazuya clone what about doing that capcom.Customisation is the future, get widit.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] weazzyefff

When I"M 30 or so and see SF5 with Ryu in his white karate suit i'm just gonna be like '' Awww fuck this shit ''.

All the respect i had for Seth is GONE. He's not even THINKING about customised looks, i dare someone to ask him what Ryu would look like in 20 years.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

fluxcore

I think you're talking shit weazzy
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: fluxcore on October 09, 2009, 07:00:22 PM
Yeah? probably cos i got much love for Tekken, or probably cos i'm right.

S-kill def talk more shit about his Game not having generic interchanging chars, and Tekken does

See how many Ryu clones YOU can come up with.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Man that many aye? still counting.......

Will

It is his job to I guess, but I know exactly what you mean with the characters but then again SSF4 is looking sharp, they have to cut paying for costumes (thats just fuckin bullshit)and put that shit on the disc ;D
Learning....

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

No way. Not weazzy. Would never happen.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

I jsut think cause he works for CAPCOM that he is marketing their game.  It'd be fucked if he worked for CAPCOM and was going round saying:

"Fuck RYU's a boring faggot!!!!  Lets all get tekken YAYZORS!!!

Plus the reason they keep ryu like that is mostly due to the fans.  Originally he wasnt going to be in Street Fighter 3 at all, but the fans drilled up a big fuss so they added him.  I think that your opinion on this might just differ from the majority i think bro.  I would be kinda dissapointed in seeing Ryu etc dressed in a hoodie or something to that effect.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: ILL_BILL on October 09, 2009, 07:27:23 PM

No way. Not weazzy. Would never happen.
Where i'm from talking shit means something you cant back up. Read 1st post, S-KILL does a great example of it. You's are just diluted SF4 fan boy's who choose to ignore factual statements and claim your own opinions are in fact true.

Will: It's not his job to talk shit about tekken. Ono himself has much respect for Namco, his caucasian equivalent is out of the loop i guess.

maelgrim

Both series are guilty of 'palette swaps' Tekken more so I think.
But who cares, both are fun and play completely different.
I'm looking forward to T6 on console.

Anyway I haven't seen the context for those comments, so i'll still rate Seth as good commentator if nothing else (EVO would have sucked without him).

For a cast where every char is completely different - play Blazblue.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Lennysaurus Rex on October 09, 2009, 07:40:59 PM
  I think that your opinion on this might just differ from the majority i think bro.  I would be kinda dissapointed in seeing Ryu etc dressed in a hoodie or something to that effect.

Yea i knew it would seeing i'm the only guy here that likes Tekken and the others fucked off to make their own site. I just wanted to see how far diluted these 2d fanboys are. Pretty far, seeing theyre saying ''we'll rather have ONE half ass costume per char for 25$ then hundreds of customisable options for FREE.''

And i bet that heaps of fans would love to see a new Ryu, that could fit with a new story line for him. He's always just drifting around like a bum in those out played bum like rags he will NEVER get rid of.

Gino

Tekken 5 (and onwards) needed a gimmick like character costumes, otherwise no casual players would ever bother to play the game.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

hmmm should i pick Ryu with ripped costume or not ripped, hmm what about Seth, with or without the pants, or Fei Long, i like him with pants but i like him better in undies. DAMMN you capcom, so many options i dont know what to do, why , why couldnt you just leave them the same. Ohh no , ohh no, 10 different coulors, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!.  

fluxcore

OK whatever. Street Fighter influenced so many video game artists it's not even funny, due to it's unique and iconic imagery.

I understand you came from Tekken, but boy, SF was around and pioneering shit a LONG time before hand.

As for this utter bullshit:
Where i'm from talking shit means something you cant back up. Read 1st post, S-KILL does a great example of it. You's are just diluted SF4 fan boy's who choose to ignore factual statements and claim your own opinions are in fact true.

Fucking read your own crap and twist it around, it applies to you too. Trying to start shit over nothing, fuck. You can't back up a fucking thing either because it's YOUR OPINION too.

I have no problem with you, but I'm starting to get pretty annoyed at the utter crap you post sometimes just to stir shit.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] weazzyefff

The different features between two games are advertised so they cant be false, let alone MY OPINIONS.

Actually your right about my opinion on Ryu and his generic karate clones, how on Earth could i back that up.

Your the one who jumps in to say i'm talking shit just when i opinionated that it would be cool to see a new ryu in the next 20 years. But thats not stirring though is it.