• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

NZism custom artwork - showing off, feedback and advice thread.

Started by geneterror, November 03, 2009, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

geneterror

OK so a lot of us are doing our own artwork mods these days and seeing Xpunch's thread made me think maybe we should have one big thread for posting artwork, getting feedback and advice etc. I just got my full panel plexi thanks to Gankatron so I've been working on some artwork.
I have a Sakura one to show you guys and a Bison one to post up later.
What do you guys think of this, it still needs a bit of tidying up on the character. I'm hoping to have this artwork on my TE stick before the blowout at RVB this Saturday ;D. I'll post up pics of it on the stick when it's finished.
KOW 2011

massi4h

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Damn that looks mean as. Hope it's finished by the 7th so i can see that shit.

Bro i just seen this Vid were the dude had light up buttons. I wonder why no one at nzism has them, they look bad as.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

Will

Fuck thats mean!

Im sure some OG on the forums has done that mod before Weazy
Learning....

zos'la

that is because I have yet to get my hands around some LED's and how they work with my ps1/ps2 control pad, I am sure the USB power is sufficient though will need to look it up more.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

B BOY DRAW2

Here's my baby!!!

SONNNNNNNNNNIC...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.

geneterror

Lovin it bro that's killer, likin' the buttons. I'm not going to change my buttons as I plan on swapping out the artwork a bit so I never know what colours would work with the next design, generic white/black will suit most of my designs.
KOW 2011

xpunch

polenykes

Shit yeh the sonic booms awesome!
inspired to do my own but too scared to take apart my EX2, especially since its my one and only.

B BOY DRAW2

Cheers for the props peeps...to be honest...the photo doesn't do it justice!!!
Haha...

Quote from: polenykes on November 04, 2009, 03:59:17 PM
inspired to do my own but too scared to take apart my EX2, especially since its my one and only.

For real...one thing I've learned from this project is to be happy with your design before you go pulling shit apart.

I purchased some black and grey buttons and replaced them with the stock standard ones...but after a little bit of playing I realized I was slightly using my peripheral vision to hit buttons instead of feeling the buttons(I know...sounds silly)result was me missing inputs

So I switched back to the stock standard white buttons which were sweet(and easy to see)...problem was they just didn't sit snug as before because I'd pulled them out a few too many times and had become spongy within the metal plate(FAAAARK!!!)

8 yellow Sanwa pushbuttons
1 yellow Sanwa ball top
1 Sanwa octagonal gate
1 Seimitsu LS-33 spring(goes inside the Sanwa spring and make joystick stiffer)
1 extended TE plexi

This stuff only arrived on the weekend just passed...now it feels,looks,performs better than when brand new!!!

stereomonkey

Great to hear that b boy :D  The stick looks soo sweet.

polenykes, yeah it might not be worth it if all you are doing is a custom art.  The hori sticks are a pain in the butt when it comes to that damn pcb inside.  My one died after a few plays when I swapped out the stock buttons for sanwa's.  I think gino's ex did the same thing after abit.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Off topic: where do you all get your parts from? Sanwas etc.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

polenykes

Yeah thanks i think its a good idea for me to just leave it be until i get another stick, was considering getting tekken 6 just so i had another stick but then i saw the stick...

B BOY DRAW2

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 04, 2009, 09:09:05 PM
Off topic: where do you all get your parts from? Sanwas etc.

A while back I scored some black and grey Sanwa buttons and a spare Sanwa joystick with grey ball top off TradeMe before I even owned my TE stick...

This time around while the NZ dollar was good(and the lack of Sanwa on TradeMe)
I purchased my "Sonic Boom" parts from www.lizardlick.com

P.S.Just spotted this...$20 Sanwa Octagonal Gate http://www.trademe.co.nz/Gaming/Arcade-pinball-machines/Parts/auction-250978045.htm