• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

NZism custom artwork - showing off, feedback and advice thread.

Started by geneterror, November 03, 2009, 11:30:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

originaljulz

Anybody interested in getting plexiglass panels cut for their Hori Real Arcade Pro 3s?

It looks like a lot of you guys have them, and might want to put custom artwork into them. Till now it looks like everyone who got one got it from Art's Hobbies, but I was thinking of getting one from the place Lenny mentioned in his thread (Plus Plastics).

The problem with that is, they charge a lot for making the autocad image or w/e needed to cut the plexi, and this is by far the biggest chunk of the price. The plus side is that once you have that, future cuts will be cheap as chips.

So rather than pay huge $$ for the designing charge by myself or just buy from Art's, my bright idea was to ask around, and see if any of you guys want to split the cost. The panels themselves would also end up cheaper than buying it from Art (less than the $70NZD he charges), and as well as that members of the NZism forums could ask for the autocad and buy it cheaper in the future as well.

What do you guys think?
Good idea or no?
Anybody keen?

I hope so because I could just get it from Art, but then the cycle would just continue and we'd keep needlessly wasting our money.

P.S. I already have one person interested so as it is, they will already cost around the same as ordering one from Art. It's just with every person interested, the price will be reduced by a lot.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

geneterror

Well I'm keen if you're going through Tek-Innovations becuase I want a TE full plate (http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=1&subcat=&item=30) NOT a HRAP 3 plexi so I 'm no help if you want to get it cut here but am happy to help cover freight if you go to Tek-Innovations.
Do you live in Auckland? I live in Auckland but have no car so I would have to grab the plexi off you at Ranbats or at Nationals in August if it's here by then. Or I guess I could just get you to courier post it to me at my work when it arrives.

Anyway just let me know what you want to do because I'm gonna grab one either way but it would be better to split freight with you guys if poss.
KOW 2011

Rorooze

Graeme I'm thinking of modding my stick so could also be keen on a plexi. When you thinking of ordering?

originaljulz

I was thinking of getting it from plus plastics. However the guy just emailed me and said he took it took to their subcontractor, and he's doing it for $45. So mean ballz I'm getting it for cheap as. :D

And yeah I'm West Aucks lol.

Lennysaurus

Quote from: geneterror on July 07, 2010, 08:10:25 AM
Well I'm keen if you're going through Tek-Innovations becuase I want a TE full plate (http://www.tek-innovations.com/arthobbies/?loc=products&cat=1&subcat=&item=30) NOT a HRAP 3 plexi so I 'm no help if you want to get it cut here but am happy to help cover freight if you go to Tek-Innovations.
Do you live in Auckland? I live in Auckland but have no car so I would have to grab the plexi off you at Ranbats or at Nationals in August if it's here by then. Or I guess I could just get you to courier post it to me at my work when it arrives.

Anyway just let me know what you want to do because I'm gonna grab one either way but it would be better to split freight with you guys if poss.

Graeme I have the autocad for the full TE plexi that you can take to any plastics person.

Just get them to peep it ffor you so you can change what you want.  e.g: rounded or square corners, 6 or 8 buttons.

Holler at me and I'll email it to you.

Also Im planning to get one of those Full plexi cases from arthong after august if anyone wants to go in for shipping then as well.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

maelgrim

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on July 07, 2010, 07:54:43 PM
Also Im planning to get one of those Full plexi cases from arthong after august if anyone wants to go in for shipping then as well.

Yeah I might be tempted to go in for one of those :)
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

Lennysaurus

Quote from: maelgrim on July 07, 2010, 08:45:43 PM
Yeah I might be tempted to go in for one of those :)

haha yeah but Im gonna get them sent to my place this time aye bro.  Screw NZ post hahaha.

For sure though I'll let you know when I do it.  I'll be living in New Lynn by then which is way closer to you and I work in town now.

maelgrim

Sweet, yeah last time was a disaster.
I work in Mayoral Drive and often wander not to far from Sky City so all good.
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

DVS

Quote from: The Lenny 2.0 on July 07, 2010, 09:19:08 PM
haha yeah but Im gonna get them sent to my place this time aye bro.  Screw NZ post hahaha.

For sure though I'll let you know when I do it.  I'll be living in New Lynn by then which is way closer to you and I work in town now.

Good to see you in yifans today bro, I'm down there every lunch time at like 12:20ish to feed my Hadouken addiction.......
"You'll never survive in the jungle"......

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

originaljulz

Heh this is the custom artwork I am putting into my stick once I get my plexi. (Some time this week prob.)

Lennysaurus

electric

Dear Lenny,

Your stick looks awesome. I hate you.

Regards,
Eru
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

stereomonkey

"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"