• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

SF4 TZ Hamilton tourney 28/11

Started by fluxcore, November 04, 2009, 05:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluxcore

Yeah but yifan's doesn't run "tournaments"
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

the sticks ain't that bad at yifans, i mean come on the guys will fix the stick / buttons if they are really broke...
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

stereomonkey

The difference is yiffans will actually be getting a profit from sfiv.  TZ in Htown will definitely not.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

Oh there are plenty of players playing SF4 in the tron. It's almost always in use

fluxcore

I should glue an nzism card to the machine :P
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 19, 2009, 02:05:03 PM
the sticks ain't that bad at yifans, i mean come on the guys will fix the stick / buttons if they are really broke...

Aww dont get me wrong. Theyre USABLE but they seem to differ in quality every time im down there. Fucking mashers >_>

Quote from: fluxcore on November 19, 2009, 03:28:05 PM
I should glue an nzism card to the machine :P

Yea, it would be good to get a few more of you posting here.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Aaron R.

Well boys me and my bro are wanting to come over from Melbourne and see how yous play. Seeing as Hamilton is where a few of our friends are from Hamilton seems like a good place to start.

If theres a tournament announced around July-August then we will be there, if not hope to see some of you guys in the arcades.

Peace

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Quote from: Aaron R. on December 20, 2009, 06:58:03 PM
Well boys me and my bro are wanting to come over from Melbourne and see how yous play. Seeing as Hamilton is where a few of our friends are from Hamilton seems like a good place to start.

If theres a tournament announced around July-August then we will be there, if not hope to see some of you guys in the arcades.

Peace
Bro, i'm in Auckland if your looking for the BEAST!!!.

Are you on psn or anything bro?
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

zos'la

Quote from: Aaron R. on December 20, 2009, 06:58:03 PM

Peace
I don't think you will find many competitions in Hamilton and neither there will be any tournaments? Auckland Yifans is where you want to be on Friday Afternoons I would think these days? Also Auckland will have a lot more competition and tournaments.(Hammy players don't take it wrong, just stating there are more competitions in Auckland due to player base)

but if you're just visiting friends and wanting a Jam or two then Hammy is teh way to go I guess.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on December 21, 2009, 08:28:47 AM
I don't think you will find many competitions in Hamilton and neither there will be any tournaments? Auckland Yifans is where you want to be on Friday Afternoons I would think these days? Also Auckland will have a lot more competition and tournaments.(Hammy players don't take it wrong, just stating there are more competitions in Auckland due to player base)

but if you're just visiting friends and wanting a Jam or two then Hammy is teh way to go I guess.

This year Hamilton has had one tourney, and Auckland has had, what? 2? Not that big a difference. We've had all the grind sessions sure, but given that these dudes are coming July/August, theres no reason a Hamilton tourney cant 'randomly' coincide with their arrival.

From what i can tell there are always people at the timezone in Hamilton playing SF4 anyway. (Although we will all be playing SSF4 in July/August anyhow) I would personally GO to Hamilton before making assumptions like this.

Yes there are more people playing in auckland, but if their friends are in Hamilton, theres no reason for them to be up here. And they WILL get comp in hamilton. Maybe not as much, but it will be there.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Lennysaurus

If they want the best comp in the country while they are here, they should organise time in auckland.

If you are able to make it to Auckland, I am more than happy to organise a get together somewhere, so you can come and join a bunch of us for games of all the different street fighters, after which we normally go out for tea at a cheapo restaurant.  We have a great community going, and it'd be good to invite some aussies into it to take some good stories back with them.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

zos'la

Lenny FTW!!!

Bill,
Just to correct this and not get them confused.

We've had atleast 3 tournaments, We also had about 4-5 practice sessions and gatherings this year.

you maybe right for hamilton to somehow pull a tournament sometime mid next year as SSF4 maybe out by then but highly unlikely from my perspective...but Auckland will definitely have tournaments running next year and I think during that time it maybe our nationals? depends.
I gave my 2 cents with regards to them wanting some games etc if they want competition, Auckland it would be.

[NIUE] weazzyefff

Shot Leo.

Yeah we dont want them going back to Aus like thinking Hamilton was our best. I hope he didnt see those hilarious TZ vids.

We get heaps of props from Aus though. Straight up.
Bison: [to Guile] Something wrong, Colonel? You come here prepared to fight a madman, and instead you found a god?

Das Right bitch, G Weazal is GAWD!!!

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on December 21, 2009, 01:17:44 PM
Lenny FTW!!!

Bill,
Just to correct this and not get them confused.

We've had atleast 3 tournaments, We also had about 4-5 practice sessions and gatherings this year.

you maybe right for hamilton to somehow pull a tournament sometime mid next year as SSF4 maybe out by then but highly unlikely from my perspective...but Auckland will definitely have tournaments running next year and I think during that time it maybe our nationals? depends.
I gave my 2 cents with regards to them wanting some games etc if they want competition, Auckland it would be.

No arguments about Auckland generally being better for competition. More People = more competition. If i were them i would come to Auckland as well. But the fact of the matter is, their friends are in Hamilton, and they WILL get comp there. Not as much as Auckland, but it's better than what you alluded to from what ive seen.

As far as the tournament stuff goes, remember these guys arent coming til later in the year, so it would be easy enough(within reason, obviously) to organise a tourney in Hamilton that coincides with their arrival. This is why i put the word 'randomly' in quotation marks. (apostrophes actually, but grammar-schmammar.)

And for some reason i looked at this as a SF4-only discussion. So yea, 3 tourneys. My bad. Birry Wong forgot the marvel. I am ashamed. :( And i didnt count the grind sessions on purpose, although in reality i probably should have.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

zos'la

Actually we had 3 SF4 tournaments, first one was in March which was organised by me :) which was organised by myself with Allan and Gino helping the call out.
2nd was the Nationals? Organised by me, Leo and Allan, third tournament was at Giga which was also organised by myself with some help from our boyz :)

The marvel tournament was a totally different thing though it had SF4 practice.

EDITED