• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

DID YOU SEE THAT? That was the DAMAGER!

Main Menu

Xbox 360 Console type

Started by zos'la, November 19, 2009, 12:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

Hi Guys,
I am planning on Buying a Xbox360 console.
Now I know there are a couple to choose from here:
http://www.ebgames.co.nz/consoles.cfm?console=xbox

I am unsure what they coem with etc etc as they don't specify too much on them.
I just want to know the differences and which one would be the better deal from you xBox users.

Also if you guys know a better place to buy from/ better deals then please let me know :)

many thanks la.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

arcade = no hard drive
elite = hard drive
pro = discontinued
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

The bundles are usually the best value for money. But if you dont want the game they come with i would personally grab the elite.

Elite has an HDMI port which a lot of the older 360's (pro etc.) dont come with, and im told theyre a lot less prone to the RROD. (Can someone confirm this? I might be wrong here)

Theyre MUCH more expensive though.

The most COST EFFECTIVE would be to get either the GOW bundle, or the Halo bundle in the link you posted. Even if you dont want the games, you can sell them on trademe and get some money back.

Most reliable would probably be an elite. But The price almost doesnt justify it. Almost.

Personally, im a cheap bastard, so i would grab one of the bundles. And its probably going to be the cheapest at either the warehouse or JB Hi-fi
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

Actually the arcade and pro(60gb) do come with hdmi.  Try to pick up a pro.  It is worth the money (unlike the elite).
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 19, 2009, 01:15:22 PM
Actually the arcade and pro(60gb) do come with hdmi.  Try to pick up a pro.  It is worth the money (unlike the elite).

Oh nice. Thats good to know for when my 360 shits itself again.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Gino

Quote from: ILL_BILL on November 19, 2009, 01:09:07 PM
Elite has an HDMI port which a lot of the older 360's (pro etc.) dont come with, and im told theyre a lot less prone to the RROD. (Can someone confirm this? I might be wrong here)
Pro consoles have HDMI as well now, most consoles that have been manufactured in 09 have the "RROD" fix (A better heatsink and whatnot).

The only reason to get an old elite is that it has the larger HDD (120gb). Which can be useful if you want to install games onto the hard drive. But The Pro ones have 60gb which should be fine.

zos'la

so you gusy are saying that the 60 gig pro version is the best? and it comes with a HDMI cable right?

also how doe sthe online gamecard thign work? gold membership and silver membership cards?
whats teh difference? how much do they cost and how do they last for?

fluxcore

I have a 60gb pro.

Not sure how current these other guys think they are, but recently the pro has been completely dropped from the lineup, and the elite made cheaper to almost match what the pro used to be.
Basically the elite is now a pro with a bigger hd for $50 more.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

zos'la

thats exactly what I am thinking, 120 gig elite has more storage and practically give the same items/ spec as the 60 gig pro right?

here they selling the elite version + HDMI cable + 3 free games for $479:
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-Bundle-includes-LEGO-Batman--Pure/3658576/

and the 60 gig version with 4 free games but no HDMI cable for: $519....
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-60GB-Bundle-with-4-Games/3099155/

if anyone willing to explain why the big HD difference but the 60 gig sellign at a higher price?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on November 19, 2009, 01:46:25 PM
thats exactly what I am thinking, 120 gig elite has more storage and practically give the same items/ spec as the 60 gig pro right?

here they selling the elite version + HDMI cable + 3 free games for $479:
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-Elite-Console-Bundle-includes-LEGO-Batman--Pure/3658576/

and the 60 gig version with 4 free games but no HDMI cable for: $519....
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Xbox-360/Xbox-360-60GB-Bundle-with-4-Games/3099155/

if anyone willing to explain why the big HD difference but the 60 gig sellign at a higher price?

Must be the 2 extra games. Both of those seem pretty good. Id probably go for the first one.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Yeah I think the elite is a 'proper' bundle, whereas the pro is a mighty ape bundle.

zos'la

yeah teh elite is a ncie choice as mighty ape is chucking in another free game ontop of the 2 that comes with teh bundle!!! i mean i don't play those games but hey lol!!!
thanks for the tips boyz.

now I am off to find a suitable xbox controller to pad hack for my joystick!!!!

stereomonkey

Nice info Alan.

The rat bastards over here still sell the pro bundle.  I guess they still have stock so are trying to sell them with the elites, lol.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Quote from: stereomonkey on November 19, 2009, 02:47:14 PM
Nice info Alan.

The rat bastards over here still sell the pro bundle.  I guess they still have stock so are trying to sell them with the elites, lol.

Yep, that's definitely what all the shops are doing, I mean what else can they do? Bunch of old stock...