• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

PS3 SF4 lag compared to 360 ?

Started by [NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja, November 02, 2009, 12:41:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric

Quote from: fluxcore on December 15, 2009, 10:08:00 AM
I can tell you the BenQ E2200HD is a great 1080p monitor for gaming, or if you want 24" the E2400HD

That's good to hear... I was just looking at these earlier this morning. Another good 24" that I know of is this bad boy...

http://pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=383251

"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

zos'la

Reviews on this asus-vw246h to Ps3 are really good, I would bringf it to Giga and try it myself.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Quote from: zosla on December 15, 2009, 11:27:53 AM
Reviews on this asus-vw246h to Ps3 are really good, I would bringf it to Giga and try it myself.

From what I'm reading average of 1.5ms input lag (which is very good) but 5% chance of 30ms (2 frames, not good).

No idea how good it is at upscaling, which is what it will have to do from the 720p a ps3 puts out.

My advice to ANYONE considering a monitor would be to try it out first, and PARTICULARLY with whichever devices you are going to use with it. PS3 is probably the most problematic due to the lack of hardware scaling.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

do game modes on consumer TV LCD's really reduce input lag? Looking at getting a sony 32 inch LCD (don't want smaller than 32 inch tv because itll be used for movies and tv, etc) with a game mode option but scared i'm still going to be getting input lag. anyone had much experience with that?

If I'm running component 720p with SF4 it shouldn't be that much of an issue if the screen supports it? Since there will be no upscaling, etc?

electric

Quote from: Rorooze on December 15, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
do game modes on consumer TV LCD's really reduce input lag?

The key word is reduce, not eliminate... You'll probably find that although things will be BETTER, they still won't be GOOD... particularly with the PS3, as Flux says

Quote from: Rorooze on December 15, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
If I'm running component 720p with SF4 it shouldn't be that much of an issue if the screen supports it? Since there will be no upscaling, etc?

From my understanding, that's correct as long as the TV (which it more than likely should) supports 720p
"gief can jump above the screen and pummel all over the place..." - Zosla

maelgrim

Well for some comparison info.
I play on an LCD projector with PS3 so lag likely to be pretty bad (only screen I play on so not much to compare with).

Anyway at some point I will be upgrading to a 1080P LCD projector.
I am looking at the Panasonic AE4000.
It has a gaming mode which I found this about

"Gaming mode options are "Normal" and "Fast." "Normal" will provide normal video processing and results in a frame delay of about 3 frames (assuming Frame Creation is off). "Fast" will eliminate some of the standard video processing overhead and cuts frame delay to about 1.5 frames."
Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

fluxcore

Theoretically yeah, 720p supporting tvs/monitors should be ok. Personally? I'd test it out and read reviews first anyway.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness