• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Super SF2 Turbo HD Remix?

Started by samurai black, April 14, 2007, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gino

Oh sure the hardware is nicer after 3 revisions.

fluxcore

What, ps1->2->3? Or you mean within the PS3 family?

You could argue that Xbox->360 showed that MS learned almost nothing about console hardware design, and they definitely have had ample time to fix their p.o.s. box!

Anyway, Sirlin has notes on changes for KEN, the character people pick before they realise Ryu is always better.

http://www.sirlin.net/archive/ssf2t-hd-remix-part-4-ken/

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Gino

Quote from: fluxcore on December 12, 2007, 04:46:57 PM
What, ps1->2->3? Or you mean within the PS3 family?

Within the ps3 family. it sort of keeps getting worse too:
ps3 60GB (usa)
ps3 60GB - Only software backwards compatibility (nz)
ps3 40GB - No backwards compatibility, only 2 usb ports and no SACD support (nz now)

I'm sure the next version won't have wifi, might not even play ps3 games XD
At least now its only $799.

stereomonkey

You can hear the xbox running in the lounge from our bedroom. The other thing is you can SEE our ps3 collecting dust like mad.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

fluxcore

Personally I'd rather have the shittier, newer models because they don't have crap I don't need, and therefore cost less. Interesting that they have broken their "ALWAYS HAVE BACKWARDS COMPAT!" tone, though. Not having wifi would be super-shitty though. I don't know that I'd call them REVISIONS as such, that implies a bit more than ripping off chips for cost cutting measures... it does reduce power usage and heat output though.

And LOL at Stu... :)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

iMagneto

the announcing is stil the same as the old school street fighter, i've seen the previews on youtube, the artistic drawing very impressive.

i think they need to refix the voice... using old school street fighter 2... ummm its gonna be a shame =( hope they wil improve the voice & announcing  :)

fluxcore

Agreed about announcer (and Guile!) but I barely even notice anymore. The game is good enough to put up with it.

--flux

Gino

Some interesting news:
Art changed
An interesting note is capcom mentions adding hit box display.
Mother fucking hit box display!

stereomonkey

For only 800ms points you can get Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 with the beta of SS2THDR which is available now.

If someone gets it tell me because I'll get it too, I have some spare ms points lying around ;)

EDIT: Wow it seems the beta is not available till the 25th of June, Doh!
http://blog.capcom.com/archives/1291
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

Gino

fluxcore

K so beta is out, supposedly crashy.

Check this shit though:

geneterror

Quote from: fluxcore on December 14, 2007, 07:39:55 AM
Personally I'd rather have the shittier, newer models because they don't have crap I don't need, and therefore cost less.
That's not the way it's working though. We are still one of the most expensive countries to buy a new PS3 but we lose features >:(
I'm actually pissed about this because it means I have to keep my PS2 to play KOFXI, Alpha 3 and CvS2. My fiance still likes buying new PS2 RPGs as well.
KOW 2011

fluxcore

Quote from: geneterror on June 26, 2008, 12:04:42 PM
That's not the way it's working though. We are still one of the most expensive countries to buy a new PS3 but we lose features >:(
I'm actually pissed about this because it means I have to keep my PS2 to play KOFXI, Alpha 3 and CvS2. My fiance still likes buying new PS2 RPGs as well.

Well, it IS working that way, it's just that if they DID have those features we'd pay even more...

I emulate CvS2 and A3, so the only games I can't play through my PC are KoFXI and GGXXAC. I get ~40fps for them using PCSX2, which isn't quite enough unfortunately :(
Luckily SF4 is supposed to be on PC as well, not so happy about console-only HDremix though.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

That video needed more shoryuken's
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.