• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Super SF2 Turbo HD Remix?

Started by samurai black, April 14, 2007, 05:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samurai black

anyone know if this is legit?

apparently, UDON are redrawing the sprites and such.

fluxcore

Quote from: samurai black on April 14, 2007, 05:13:04 PM
anyone know if this is legit?

apparently, UDON are redrawing the sprites and such.

Yep, http://www.sirlin.net/archive/puzzle-fighter-and-super-street-fighter-2-turbo-in-hd/

Dave Sirlin has been working on the ports, and he mentions 'redrawing all the art' - fucking crazy shit! Anyway, SSF2T online play and redrawn. Whether this is the heights of awesome or a bad idea, I'm not sure yet...

Hadn't seen the pic before, are there more?

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

samurai black

not that i can find.  copypasta from ign

April 13, 2007 - Street Fighter II on the Xbox Live Arcade has generated more revenue than any other XBLA game, according to Capcom. That can only mean one thing; more Street Fighter games are on the way. Along with an updated version of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, Capcom announced its intentions to bring Super Street Fighter II HD Remix to both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade this fall.

Though Capcom did not have the game on hand to show the audience, they did promise that all of the art is being redrawn by Udon Entertainment so that it will look crisp and clean at resolutions up to 1080p. A few samples of what Capcom is aiming for were shown and it was quite easy to see the vast improvement in the level of detail and polish over the original graphics. Like Street Fighter II for XBLA, this remake will include both online and offline play for one or two players.

Coddfish

Now accepting donations for my X360 purchase.

I may finally be able to get into Super Turbo!

fluxcore

Quote from: Coddfish on April 15, 2007, 01:33:37 PM
Now accepting donations for my X360 purchase.

I may finally be able to get into Super Turbo!

Yep, when it comes out I imagine the 360 will be pretty affordable, and I'd imagine Virtua Fighter 5 might be out for it by then as well... pretty tempting indeed!

ST is damned good, btw, however I do slightly prefer Hyper Fighting... (stupid supers)

--flux
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

CptMunta

For those who haven't seen the slide yet:

http://www.gamekult.com/images/ME0000818216/

This was presented at the press conference to give the press an idea of how the sprites will look when it's finished.

This may be my reason to get a 360. Looking forward to this one heaps. I'm a massive Super Turbo fan and love the Udon SF series.

Hopefully they don't rush it too much and take their sweet time making the graphics look tight and ironing out all the bugs.
Munta on the web: www.pavementart.co.nz
PSN: CptMunta

Coddfish

Oh god. Give xbox now. They may have cancelled Capcom vs Sammy... but we get hi-res (even higher!) Street Fighters anyway. Very happy!

I've never read any of the Udon comics, but I have the SF2 Animated movie on DVD which has a reversible cover with Udon art on the other side, and I really like it.

fluxcore

Yeah, I have that too, but also pretty much all the stuff Udon has put out (including the Street fighter Eternal Challenge art book... which is fantastic I must say), Despite their... loose... interpretation of a monthly release schedule! They have some talented artists, and the stories aren't bad either. They also did the promotional art work for Capcom Fighting Jam (ahem).

But yeah, really looking forward to this...

--flux

fluxcore

Dave Sirlin recently gave an interview with Alphaism Radio on the topic of SSF2THDR and SPF2THDR (whew), it has quite a few interesting points that you guys might be interested in hearing... (including the possibility of colour editing... would people take a loss in colour depth to have a colour edit mode?)

This show (along with many past shows) are downloadable via this thread.

--flux

Coddfish

Do you any place in this country to get Udon stuff? I'll definitely keep an eye out for it if I go to Armageddon this year (likely), but until then, know anyplace else?

fluxcore

Any decent comic store should be able to get them, the local down here in Hamilton definitely does, so I imagine Heroes for Sale or similar should have them. There are some trade paper backs available too, they collect all the main stories but not the extras from each issue.

The Eternal Challenge book is fantastic, but I had to get it ordered in specially and cost about $70...

--flux

fluxcore

Already on the second page, shit..

Anyway, gameplay footage!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=u_CoKEvn45Q

--flux

Coddfish

This is looking VERY good so far. TBH, with the latest news I've heard, I'm as excited about this as I am for SF4.

Latest news, including...

Rebalanced Mode
Which will likely become the new tournament standard. Capcom are working with EVO champions (I'm not sure exactly who, though) in order to rebalance the game, and not completely break it. (Hai, Third Strike! ^_^) And not just "Make X do more damage, make Y do less" - new moves, for example, Ryu getting the fake fireball from Alpha 3.

Stats!
The game will have a ranking mode for online play, a la Halo 3. That is to say, it will keep track of wins/losses (of course), but also things like fireballs thrown, and (presumably) hits landed, throws landed etc. "If you want to know who the best Cammy player in Canada is, you could easily find that out." - quoted from the interview.

Bring on the SUPER STREET FIGHTER II TURBO HI-DEFINITION REMIX! (And rename it, please.)

fluxcore

We've been cranking up the ST playing in anticipation, because HD Remix is looking pretty good. Yeah, stats for everything if we can believe what is being said (if they have one for 'most missed crossups' then I'm a shoe-in).

--flux

fluxcore

Sirlin has written a pt.1 post about 'tweaks to ST in the NEW version of street fighter 2' on his blog, very interesting read.
http://www.sirlin.net/archive/super-street-fighter-2-turbo-hd-remix-gameplay-part-1-design-goals/

I think he's taking the right approach, although I don't like the lack of tiger knee motions :( Really started to like them after playing Cable :)

--flux