• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Yeah most of Sakura's matchups are 6-4 I guess. She has no 7-3s which is definitely true. Tbh though Dan should have quite a few 7-3s. Sometimes I wonder if they change matchup numbers just to put someone somewhere. For instance Guile/Dictator was considered by most a 7-3 in vanilla. Bison now has EX psycho crusher through booms and a 21 frame fireball punisher which pretty much will only punish an EX boom through a guess. But they pick 6-4, cause if that matchup said 7-3, then Guile would be solo top tier. Also if Chun is 6-4 sagat, then she's gotta be 7-3 gief imo. Oh well it's just tier lists. I also completely agree with akumas matchups and I'm surprised how much Blanka dropped and that Sim is quite high despite all of those bad matchups.

And damn you Hydro being my worst matchup :D other than Ryu which I think should be 5-5.

Skullator

Quote from: massi4h on August 19, 2010, 10:04:45 AM
For instance Guile/Dictator was considered by most a 7-3 in vanilla. Bison now has EX psycho crusher through booms and a 21 frame fireball punisher which pretty much will only punish an EX boom through a guess. But they pick 6-4, cause if that matchup said 7-3, then Guile would be solo top tier. Also if Chun is 6-4 sagat, then she's gotta be 7-3 gief imo. Oh well it's just tier lists.

Agree on all that. Gief's been feeling very 7-3 lately, but I still think gief can do himself a favour vs Chun by picking ultra 2, two of her crucial techniques will get bitten by that ultra very hard. Certainly not easy to do though.

HoneyBadger

Quote from: massi4h on August 19, 2010, 10:04:45 AM
Yeah most of Sakura's matchups are 6-4 I guess. She has no 7-3s which is definitely true. Tbh though Dan should have quite a few 7-3s. Sometimes I wonder if they change matchup numbers just to put someone somewhere. For instance Guile/Dictator was considered by most a 7-3 in vanilla. Bison now has EX psycho crusher through booms and a 21 frame fireball punisher which pretty much will only punish an EX boom through a guess. But they pick 6-4, cause if that matchup said 7-3, then Guile would be solo top tier. Also if Chun is 6-4 sagat, then she's gotta be 7-3 gief imo. Oh well it's just tier lists. I also completely agree with akumas matchups and I'm surprised how much Blanka dropped and that Sim is quite high despite all of those bad matchups.

And damn you Hydro being my worst matchup :D other than Ryu which I think should be 5-5.

reaction PP on EX boom is pretty easy and EX PC always went through fireballs. umm I think this matchup is shitloads harder cause Guile's faster booms make it harder to walkPersonally I think some of list is wrong and it IS only made by one person.... Who mains Sim lol. I would say Honda has the advantage on Sagat as well, not the other way around. It's also funny how Sim has two terrible matchups hahahaha
my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

zos'la

Skull... don't take gief lightly^^ well not Kevin's Gief :D

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

i always thought guile would be somewhere round the top tier. he's a bastard to play against.

and look at makoto.....from bottom to 3rd worst, sloooooooooowly making her way to mid tier lol
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

Quote from: zosla on August 19, 2010, 10:50:04 AM

whether its kevins gief or not, the chun match up is still balls
abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on August 19, 2010, 10:50:04 AM

Noones taking gief lightly. This is a discussion about character matchups, not player matchups.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

Skullator

Yeah I spent all week working on the Sako loop.. then that video got posted today and puts all my efforts to shame lol.

He replied to my comment on his youtube upload, he doesn't even plink that 1 frame link. So he lands it like 12 times in the same combo without a single plink, fucking rediculous he gets the timing in his blood...

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Fuck that link sucks. Just been trying that now. Most i got was 3 reps.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

massi4h

I managed to get the second HP once but still not follow through... The link must be pretty tight off fadc as well cause I can only fadc it from EX kikoken. Damn...

Skullator

The FADC bit is wide open, it's mp kiko , ex cancel dash forward then like 6 frame link into next cr. hp lol.
Just each crouching fierce is a 1 framer and pretty difficult to plink.

Not to mention two piano's required per repetition lol.

CrazyMobius

The new characters announcement is expected before the end of this week. Also it is expected to be mentioned in next week's Famitsu magazine.

fluxcore

Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Lennysaurus

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero