• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Newbies: feel free to ask for help! We can do training sessions online as well!

Main Menu

Post-release Super Street Fighter 4

Started by fluxcore, May 20, 2010, 08:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

budafist

Quote from: [NYC] weazzyefff on December 08, 2010, 05:48:16 PM
Fuck Seth's gay as shit. I herreby call the Diezal Ryu.  ANd Bourbino AKuma.
bahah, damn Weazy you need to take over Seths job asap.
thats the best names ever. they could be all staggery and angry as shit and just brawl jake Heke style.
The motherfucken answer lies in the heart of motherfucken battle!

LN

http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-dhalsim-bison-akuma-t-hawk-adon-2762/

ugggghhhhh not again...

anyway, basically: bison same, dhalsim same, akuma same, adon buff, thawk WHO CARES
There is no knowledge that is not power

jpb123

Quote from: LN on December 14, 2010, 04:39:05 PM
http://shoryuken.com/content/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-changes-dhalsim-bison-akuma-t-hawk-adon-2762/

ugggghhhhh not again...

anyway, basically: bison same, dhalsim same, akuma same, adon buff, thawk WHO CARES

A combo such as DB+MP -> DB+MP -> EX Yoga Flame is possible.

wtf!?!?!?!?/

zos'la

Not sure if this is posted,
release date for arcade is 16th Decemember.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

geneterror

Is that the date Yifans will get it though. Would be keen to get some games in while I'm on holiday.
KOW 2011

samurai black

id very surprised if yifans had it tomorrow.

zos'la

Yifan pre-ordered this, it should arrive just before xmas or just after.
I will check with teh owner later.

Nick4now

Damn I hope it arrives before the 20th.

Oh yeah sorry Zos I was meaning to say sup to you at the Xmas Damager but by the time I got around to doing that I couldn't find you  ??? Hopefully I bump into you randomly at Yifans before I go  :)

But fuck went there last night and man you guys are right they are soooooo laggy  >:(

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

jpb123

Quote from: zos'la on December 15, 2010, 08:56:42 AM
Not sure if this is posted,
release date for arcade is 16th Decemember.

isnt that the Japanese release date? Am unsure.

zos'la

Quote from: jpb123 on December 15, 2010, 03:00:18 PM
isnt that the Japanese release date? Am unsure.
That is the Japanese release date, Yifan orders their cabs from Japan, so they will get it on the 16th, will take a few weeks to be shipped I'm guessing.
So xspect this to be our xmas, new year gift :)

@Nick4Now, hey bud, sorry I was really busy that day, had something going on and I was even late to the tourny lol.
Anyways, there is always a next time if you don't bump into me at yifans^^ but I am normally there during lunch time weekdays from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.

CrazyMobius

Quote from: zos'la on December 15, 2010, 03:24:25 PM
That is the Japanese release date, Yifan orders their cabs from Japan, so they will get it on the 16th, will take a few weeks to be shipped I'm guessing.
So ecpect this to be our xmas, new year gift :)

It's good to be in Auckland. Glad I took that xmas leave off now.

Flash

changes. source eventhubs.

Daigo Umehara's Impressions of SSF4 AE

• Fireball characters are considerably weaker in this version.

• He thinks Yun will be really good, though Zangief will be a tough match-up for him. Hasn't played much Yang, but thinks that Genei Jin will be a big difference between the two characters.

• Even though Fei Long lost the invincibility on his Hard Kick Chicken Wing, with better normal moves and all the tools he still has available (Rekka, Tenshin, etc.), and Chun-Li, Honda, and Balrog getting nerfs, he says that Fei Long is probably the strongest of the old characters in Arcade Edition.

• Daigo feels Yun, Yang and Fei Long will be top class in SSF4 AE.

• Makoto is stronger than he thought she would be.

• He'll probably keep Guile around as a secondary character.

• He really seems to fear the Zangief matchup with Yun.

Cammy

• Hard Kick Cannon Strike from right above the opponent's head into Close Standing Medium Punch combos.

• Hard Kick Spiral Arrow doesn't connect with both hits as often as before.

E. Honda

• Ultra 2 has improved range, longer than a regular throw, but less than a Hard Punch Oicho Throw.

• Hundred Hand Slap seems to be slower, but the frame advantage on block seems to be unchanged.

• EX Headbutt's ranged was nerfed. Distance seemed shorter than a Medium Punch Headbutt now. On block it was punishable by Yang's Ultra 1.

• His Target Combo is the same.

• Jumping Medium Punch traded with Dan's Crouching Hard Punch, lost to Chun-Li's Flip and Cody's Back + Medium Punch attack. It usually lost to Rufus' Crouching Medium Punch and Yang's Dragon Kicks. These results could of course change depending on spacing and timing.

Ibuki

• After a Neck Breaker, the spacing seems to be further away than before. Some things don't cross up like they used to anymore.

• Back + Medium Punch may have been nerfed.

• Close Standing Light Punch into Close Standing Medium Kick seems easier. Close Standing Medium Kick is a frame faster in AE.

• Kunai recovery time is the same.

Vega

• EX Rolling Crystal Flash into Standing Hard Kick, sometimes only the first hit of Standing Hard Kick connects, not sure why.

• Confirmed there's more recovery time for Cosmic Heel (Down-Toward + Hard Kick, Launcher) on block, can be be punished by Shoryukens and grabs.

• Vega can punish a blocked Hard Punch Beast Roll from Blanka with his Crouching Hard Kick slide.

Other Notes

• Ryu's Light Punch Shoryuken can trade into Ultra.

• Gouken's Standing Medium Punch into Crouching Hard Punch connects, but EX Running Palm sometimes won't land if you do it from too far away.

****Up or i'll scratch yo face with my stubby little arms!

Nick4now

Quote from: zos'la on December 15, 2010, 03:24:25 PM
@Nick4Now, hey bud, sorry I was really busy that day, had something going on and I was even late to the tourny lol.
Anyways, there is always a next time if you don't bump into me at yifans^^ but I am normally there during lunch time weekdays from 12:30 to 1:30 pm.

No worrys bro, Redtie and I were actually looking for you before the tourneys started but you were no where to be found haha But damn I don't think I'll have time to pay a visit to Yifans again so I guess will have to wait until next time  :D

The Self-proclaimed Christchurch Hyper Fighting 2011 Champion

jpb123

"• Ryu's Light Punch Shoryuken can trade into Ultra."

me not understand :(

geneterror

It's like Vanilla again. If you're playing as Ryu and someone jumps at you and you do light punch shoryuken, if the light punch shoryuken trades with their jump in attack Ryu recovers fast enough to land Ultra on the floating opponent.
My question is does it trade into Ultra 1, Ultra 2 or both.
KOW 2011