• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

AU tourney setup thread (aka lag thread pt 3)

Started by Gamogo, June 08, 2010, 11:51:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Wtf Andy? You didnt post anything even REMOTELY similar to what Gamogo posted.

Yours was more like "Omg gaiz daigo likes HDMI im right youre wrong la lolololol" Noone is going to take that seriously. It was a stupid post, and you did yourself a service by deleting it.

Not only that, you have changed what you were saying like 3 times. First we said "we want no lag", then you said "But EVO has lag, so we should have lag as well", Now Gamogo is saying Aus setups have no lag, and youre trying to claim that you were correct the whole time? No. Im sorry. Thats Bullshit. No two ways about it.  Get your head out of your ass. As a matter of fact, this gives me an excuse to break out the double facepalm.

Gamogo's had specs, examples, and reasoning. Which is ACTUALLY useful, and gives us a point of reference.

What we have and what Australia have available are two totally different scenarios, which require TOTALLY DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS.

As for the toilet paper thing, really? They have some? Where the hell is it? I had to use Richards jumper last time.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: Rorooze on June 08, 2010, 02:02:10 PM
we're not saying that benq 24 inch monitors on xbox with hdmi are bad

Just to clarify, this is actually the exact opposite of what I would say. My home setup is an xbox with hdmi on a benq E2200HD (which is the exact same as the models the aussies are using, just a 22" panel instead of 24") SPECIFICALLY because I researched the hell out of it and determined it to have max of 1 frame lag (and that's only very occasionally).

In other news, lol.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

Rorooze

Quote from: fluxcore on June 08, 2010, 02:33:42 PM
Just to clarify, this is actually the exact opposite of what I would say. My home setup is an xbox with hdmi on a benq E2200HD (which is the exact same as the models the aussies are using, just a 22" panel instead of 24") SPECIFICALLY because I researched the hell out of it and determined it to have max of 1 frame lag (and that's only very occasionally).

In other news, lol.

Argh, quoting a double negative and using another negative has me confused :(

lol @ richards jumper.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Actually, im going to do this again to reiterate:

Quote from: zosla on June 08, 2010, 01:37:02 PM
Thank Gamogo for the information, as I have also laid this out with the people around here but they are unwilling to accept what I had to say. It seems people didn't want to recognize what I had to say and just threw it out the window without hesitation, but until another person who speaks the same the outcome is totally different!!! how suprizing this maybe.

Giga does have toilet paper, just randoms stealing it all, it may not be the best quality but what do you expect from a net cafe? I've seen much dirtier cafe's toilet than what they have at giga...

<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Quote from: Rorooze on June 08, 2010, 02:38:28 PM
Argh, quoting a double negative and using another negative has me confused :(

Ok, maybe NOT clarify then, ahah.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness

zos'la

I know exactly we can't mimic the setup, what I am poiting is FOR EXAMPLE this is what they are using over their maybe we can get something similar. Understand? I am not asking us to be the same as we don't have the funds.

When I said  the EVO setups possibly lags but mimial sicne they use the assus vw22h? and you guys want 0 lag? so my question was base upon, 1: should we follow EVO setup? or go with our so called 0 lag setup? But some just went blasting off with rediculous comments about indepth specs and crap. Things can be considered or taken into account and not just say no I am right and u r wrong.
I prefer Lenny's bar graph than ur picture in all honesty....

I know we did the test at Giga because I fucking did it with you guys. I didn't say the assus monitor was bad or not to use them, I just quoted that Gamogo stated practically the same thing as I did with an extra LCD monitor model rather than what I quoted BenQ 22-24 inch monitor, though I did say I can get teh exact model if needed. but before I could do that some smart ass give some stupid ass comment which I could really care less to reply to.

Btw, I am not the one's complaining about lag, frame data crap nor execution missing, its YOU guys.
Because majority of you can't even adapt to a minor 1-3 frame difference in gameplay, I don't really care if its the big monitor at giga or the smaller monitor lag free monitor at EVo, the result is still teh same.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

fluxcore

Oh my god.

I'm going to pick only one thing to comment on here.

'Following' EVO's setup would cost just as much as getting an entirely lagless setup.

Whose turn is it next?

Rorooze

andy, you're missing my point

the asus monitors are confirmed as being good, end of story. no need to keep going on about it.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Quote from: zosla on June 08, 2010, 03:08:28 PM
I know exactly we can't mimic the setup, what I am poiting is FOR EXAMPLE this is what they are using over their maybe we can get something similar. Understand? I am not asking us to be the same as we don't have the funds.

Thats fine. Wouldv'e been a good idea to actually state that at the beginning rather than look like a tool.

When I said  the EVO setups possibly lags but mimial sicne they use the assus vw22h? and you guys want 0 lag? so my question was base upon, 1: should we follow EVO setup? or go with our so called 0 lag setup? But some just went blasting off with rediculous comments about indepth specs and crap. Things can be considered or taken into account and not just say no I am right and u r wrong.
I prefer Lenny's bar graph than ur picture in all honesty....

This is stupid. 'blasting off about indepth specs and crap' is the only way to find the best setup for us. Do you expect us to just guess, and hope for the best? Thats retarded, and lazy, and ultimately just makes shit worse.

QuoteI know we did the test at Giga because I fucking did it with you guys. I didn't say the assus monitor was bad or not to use them, I just quoted that Gamogo stated practically the same thing as I did with an extra LCD monitor model rather than what I quoted BenQ 22-24 inch monitor, though I did say I can get teh exact model if needed. but before I could do that some smart ass give some stupid ass comment which I could really care less to reply to.

No. This is a blatant lie. You told us what they were using, but at no point did you give us anything worth listening to. You said "Daigo likes it guys so im right lol" essentially. Which, as i say, was a stupid post, so you got a smart ass reply. If you posted something intelligent and useful, you wouldve got a reply that was intelligent and useful.

QuoteBtw, I am not the one's complaining about lag, frame data crap nor execution missing, its YOU guys.
because majority of you can't even adapt to a minor 1-3 frame difference in gameplay.

Oh so now youre better than everyone because you can adapt to 3 frames of lag? Get fucked Andy. Straight up. This is ignorant, and is a direct insult to EVERY MEMBER OF THE COMMUNITY. I actually thought more of you than this. Im disappointed, and actually embarrassed for you. I will quite happily joke about all the stupidity, but this is possibly the worst thing you have ever posted. And even if you stick to your guns for the rest of your post, I expect an apology for this. Even if you dont apologise to me, you owe EVERYONE ELSE an apology.

And even if you can adapt to a 3frame difference in gameplay, you shouldn't have to. Tournament standard across the world is 0 frames. This is what we should be playing. This means the errors are reduced, and everyone is on an even playing field. Why the HELL should we have to adapt to an inferior setup? So that it favours certain players? Or even certain characters? Fuck that. That is why that Giga 2v2 was a load of rubbish. And why EVERYONE complained. (Ignoring the obvious administrative crap, that we ALSO complained about.)

Not only that, 3 frames is actually a massive shift in gameplay. Im actually quite surprised you think its 'minor'. Stop being such a self-serving arrogant sack of shit and actually think about the fact that EVERYONE wants it one way, and you want it another way. Who should we be catering for? The community. Not one elitist player who thinks too much of himself.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

stereomonkey

TBH Andy, Bill has a point. 

You keep contradicting yourself in some sort of way to prove your post have meaning.  I think before you click the post button you may want to read over what you type to make sure that is correctly what you are meaning to say.
"I got that peanut butter chocolate flavour"

zos'la

I am honestly lol seeing the post. Bill ur seriously one of the guys who really take their time to write all that shit up.
come again about what? read this carefully
"Because majority of you can't even adapt to a minor 1-3 frame difference in gameplay, I don't really care if its the big monitor at giga or the smaller monitor lag free monitor at EVo, the result is still teh same."
If you think I am being arrogant, try reading this sentence a few times and you might actually know what I am talking about.

I've never contradicted anything I've said and stood my grounds from the very start, its u guys who took it the wrong way when I gave a point of view or even things for people to consider but people go blasting off, which is lawl.

Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

Ok. After this, im done. Im not going to bother with this rubbish anymore. If you dont want to accept it, thats fine. Lets read that sentence.

Quote"Because majority of you can't even adapt to a minor 1-3 frame difference in gameplay, I don't really care if its the big monitor at giga or the smaller monitor lag free monitor at EVo, the result is still teh same."

Note the placement of 'you' and 'i'. Implying that 'most of us' can't do something, and that 'you' can. And how the topic in question only seems to effect 'most of us', since you clearly "dont really care because the result is still the same". You are rubbing in everyones face the fact that they don't deal with something the same way you do. Highlighting what you think is your own superiority.

Now lets look at the dictionary.

ar·ro·gant
â€, â€,/ˈærÉ™gÉ™nt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
â€"adjective
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

Hmmmmm. Looks to me like number 1 applys in this situation 100% TO THE POINT THAT YOU QUOTED. And yet you still believe yourself to be correct. Arrogance much?

I dont care about lag, or monitors, or whatever. Ill still play. What pisses me off, is when some fucktard rocks up, tells everyone that he thinks hes better than everyone, and proceeds to ACTUALLY BELIEVE he is correct. And then has a big fucking laugh about it.

Keep on 'lawl'ing Andy. All it is doing is reiterating my point that this is an arrogant and offensive post. You are IGNORING what other people are saying because you believe it to be wrong, simply because we use logic that isnt on your narrow-minded radar.

This is like all our argument about tiers, or matchups, or any of the preceeding lag arguments. Despite EVERYBODY ELSE disagreeing with you. (Not just me.) You refuse to even consider the point of view of others before you post. Overbearingly assuming your point of view is correct. Wait? Overbearing assumption? Where have i heard that before? Oh Right. I remember now.

ar·ro·gant
â€, â€,/ˈærÉ™gÉ™nt/ Show Spelled[ar-uh-guhnt] Show IPA
â€"adjective
making claims or pretensions to superior importance or rights; overbearingly assuming; insolently proud: an arrogant public official.
characterized by or proceeding from arrogance: arrogant claims.

You KNOW i respect you as a player and a person, probably moreso than a lot of people here. I have argued with you, and i have defended you. In fact, ive gone out of my way to try and explain your point of view to everyone else, and vice versa. But what you posted was a direct insult at everybody. Which is a real kick in the nuts for me. And I really think I need to make this point, if only to save what little is left of your own dignity.
<Smoof>
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

fluxcore

Andy, if you don't think it matters, what the hell is the point of continuing to make such a shitstorm about it?

Seriously?

If you're fighting this battle for someone else, then they must feel pretty silly at this point.

If you're just doing it for the lulz then that's pretty pathetic.

And I can't think of any other reasons why you would do this.

Rorooze

Andy, put the spade down. Seriously.

In chronological order:

QuoteLenny I should remind you to discuss about the setups we should have for SSF4.

that is you starting the lag discussion

QuoteLenny I think the the Tv's at Giga are definitely okay with xbox setups, we can go VGA if we have to but I think the HDMI is fine.

you stating what you think is ok without evidence. it turns out the setups you thought were OK had lots of lag.

Quotewe can argue all day and not come to anything. Its personal preference, some use to delay some don't simple. .

yes some are used to delay but that is their problem, we should all be aiming for lag free set ups. EVOs intention was for a lag free setup.

Quoteoh wait we should jsut all follow the leader because a lagless setup will help us in big tournaments and if we do bad in them we should complain their setup is lag.
seriously, get realistic as that won't happen. We want to mirrior or close enought to their setup in EVO for example so when it comes to that we are not at a disadvantage, we are already disadvantage in many ways and don't need anymore.

We don't want to mirror evo set ups, because they have lag. we want to mirror their intentions ie: lag free

QuoteWhat I am proposing is that we had setups similar to EVO with or without lag. Whereas Alan said lag free is the way to go which is fine IF EVO is totally lag free.

Quotetherefore I suggested that we mimic EVO's setup or as close as possible if thats fair?

Quote"OZhadou EVO APAC tournament will be using 360s with BenQ monitors"
This is what we used on the day, and EVERYONE said there was a problem and yes we had a BENQ monitor.

it wasn't the exact same model as the model used in austrailia, every different model requires lag testing. that is why we need indepth specs.

QuoteI've never contradicted anything

I can't find the comment where you said daigo said the setup in aussie was lag free and that we should use it, but it doesn't matter now because everyone saw it and it clearly contridicts what you said previously.

Now we have done the lag test on the monitors at Giga, and Lenny has said that the ASUS monitors are good, with 0-1 frame of lag, can we use that hole you've dug and bury the lag topic? Chur.

B BOY DRAW2

I don't wanna open a can of worms...but this is ridiculous!!!

ok...some may take things said on here a little more personally than others...but really...this competitiveness is going nowhere!

who here has qualifications/is a professional to say what is wrong and right with these monitors?

All the fun will be gone if we carry this on and then some asshole will want to make a commitee or some shit.

where do we go from here...?

"my dads tougher than yours..."

"fuck you...lets read a book...first to page 103..."

lets stop this here and now man...  :(
I bliss...like the fist...of the mantis...
Those who oppose get dropped and hit the canvas.