• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

News:

Discipline. Justice. Commitment.

Main Menu

Its about time to buy a console.

Started by jpb123, September 23, 2010, 01:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zos'la

I loved my PS3, it looks good and have teh majority of the function I required. The only reason I ported to xbox was because I am a competitive player in SSF4, in order to get the most out of that game I had to get the best setup and the setup that WE used at tournaments. PS3 was too much of a  pain due to the graphic upscaling and input lag crap which I couldn't be bothered with!!!
Apart from that I still prefer the PS3 tbh.
Widen your eyes, there are always mountains higher than the ones you see.

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

think the console prices are going up in a few days with the gst increase to 15%
"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

maelgrim

PS3 forever! :)
Though I make major use of the Bluray player & play BB

I'm gonna get a 2nd so I can get the move (for my daughter).
My main unit is hooked up to a projector - the move won't work to well when the controller is backlit.

I'll also add Uncharted2 is probably the best non fighting game ive played on either system.

Tell me something, Billy. How come a cute little guy like this can turn into a thousand ugly monsters?

[FB] WICK3D WAYZ

abel ultra 2 = the most hated among the community

jpb123

Well I have a 60G at 210$ on hold at EB games at the moment. that pretty cheap. ( I think )

HoneyBadger

my mum found dark dawn on the DS.

that game is gonna get raped.

MUMMYHALA

moose!

Quote from: jpb123 on September 23, 2010, 08:33:43 PM
I am also looking for a usb Converter as my arcade stick is a PC,PS2,PS3 stick. LINKS PLX!
I'm probably stating the obvious here but just in case you aren't aware- you won't be able to convert a PS2/3/PC stick to work on Xbox without a pretty expensive converter/dual mod/paewang... you might want to account for this in your spending budget.

It seems everyone else interpreted that question different to me.  :-\

CrazyMobius

Quote from: jpb123 on September 24, 2010, 12:26:55 PM
Well I have a 60G at 210$ on hold at EB games at the moment. that pretty cheap. ( I think )

used or new? Is that xbox?

jpb123

[NIUE] B1ackstar Ninja

"Attack me if you dare , i will crush you "

moose!

You guys don't think there's any need for concern over buying a 2nd hand Xbox?

Lennysaurus

Yah Ive been through 2 of the damn things now, So i strongly suggest that you make sure you are getting the Jasper model as those ones don't RROD.

If youre getting from JB, check how long they give warranties for the Second hand stuff.

NZism 2011 King of Wishful Thinking and Part-Time Hero

CaptainHook

Xbox Gamertag is ZERO's, not capital "O"s ~~ CaptainH00K

originaljulz

Quote from: electric on September 24, 2010, 08:41:04 AM
That's called a KVM (Keyboard, video, mouse) switch - you can get ones that simply switch input source, which is what it sounds like you're after originaljulz

Ah I see, I see. Do you (or geneterror) have any idea what kind I should get and where from? I wouldn't even know where to start. Prob doesn't need to be hard out, just something that will let me switch between a PS3 and my PC on the fly. And its just for the HDMI to DVI cable, I run the sound through another cable lol.
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

fluxcore

You just want an HDMI switch then.

Make sure it supports HDCP though.
Any sufficiently godlike street fighter technique is indistinguishable from randomness