• Welcome to New Zealand Fighting Game Forum.

Its about time to buy a console.

Started by jpb123, September 23, 2010, 01:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

massi4h

Or you could run one of them through VGA if your monitor has both slots and you don't mind the slight quality drop. Then it's just a press of a button on your monitor.

jpb123

Quote from: fluxcore on September 25, 2010, 11:22:36 AM
You just want an HDMI switch then.

Make sure it supports HDCP though.

Ye my screen has a swtich that I can choose which channel i want.

Nvm My screen does support HDCP.

originaljulz

I duno if an HDMI switch is what I need.

This is what I use to plug the PS3 into my screen

And I use the same port (DVI or w/e) to connect my PC to my screen

I think ideally I need something like this (I think this is the HDMI switch you guys mentioned)

Cept you know, with DVI ins/out ports instead of HDMI.

This exists yes/no?
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

massi4h

Your video card on your PC doesn't have HDMI? Or else you could just get another of those HDMI/DVI plugs and an HDMI cable. So plug the HDMI/DVI cable from the computer to the HDMI In of the switcher, then HDMI cable from console to the other HDMI In and then have your other HDMI/DVI cable coming from the HDMI out into your monitor's DVI port. Thing is, those switchers cost like what $100? Pretty sure you can get DVI switchers (I've definitely seen VGA ones somewhere). But you'd save a hell of a lot of money by either doing your current switching method or plugging either your PC or console into the VGA on your monitor (assuming your monitor has both a VGA and DVI port), drop of quality is barely noticeable imo.

originaljulz

Hmm I suppose PC in -> HDMI switch with a HDMI to DVI cable,
PS3 in -> HDMI switch with HDMI to HDMI cable,
HDMI switch in -> PC screen with second HDMI to DVI cable sounds like what I was trying to do.

Or if something like this existed lol, cept with DVI.

Then I could use my existing DVI to DVI cable (PC to screen) and HDMI to DVI cable (PS3 to screen).
HEAVEN OR HELL? DUAL ONE. LETS ROCK!

jpb123

OK!

I need a HDMI cable to plug into my screen to my Xbox correct?

OK So the only cable coming from my xbox ( apart from controllers and internet cable) are the power cable and my HDMI cable correct?

DO 360 come with a HDMI cable?

< http://doteq.com.au/images/categories/HDMI_cable.jpg  that the cable I need correct?

[NIUE] BIRRY WONG

One thing to look out for. If youre buying a second hand 360, the older models dont actually have an HDMI port.

And yes, that is the cable you need.
<Smoof>
He's the hero NZism deserves.
But not the one it needs right now.
So we'll hunt him.
Because he can take it.
Because he's not our Hero.
He's a Niuean Guardian.
A watchful poster.
BIRRY WONG.

CrazyMobius

Hey there,
Does anyone know if it is possible to play NTSC PS1 games on a modded Ps2?

Thanks.

geneterror

It should be sweet, not all mod chips were the same but 90% of them do what you're asking for.
KOW 2011

samurai black

do they not work on the ps3? i know the ps3 is region free and all of them play psx games...

unless you want your old memory card to work?

CrazyMobius

Quote from: samurai black on November 24, 2010, 04:51:47 PM
do they not work on the ps3? i know the ps3 is region free and all of them play psx games...

unless you want your old memory card to work?

Really? But they don't play Ps2 right? I'll give it a try though.

CrazyMobius

For anyone else following this. I just read on another board that Pal Ps3 can not play NTSC Ps1. Saved me some moneys right there.

samurai black

Quote from: [PF]CrazyMobius on November 24, 2010, 05:42:48 PM
Really? But they don't play Ps2 right? I'll give it a try though.

i think the first lot of 60gb's played ps2 games but then sony realised that the ps2 was still selling so they took it out.

sucks that the ps3 doesnt play other region psx games tho'

Skullator

I have one of the original PAL 60GB PS3's, and yeah only PS3 games are region free on them.
PSX = region locked, pal only if you buy NZ ps3.
PS2 = region locked, again pal only if you have PAL ps3.
DVD = also still region locked lol, Zone4 or Multi zone legit releases only, can just burn your own shit though to work around that tho.

And yeah like Graham already mentioned, can vouch that it depends on the chip but majority seem to cope.

CrazyMobius

Cool. Now that it seems Amazon UK can't ship some games to NZ might have to risk the US veriosn on Ps2.

Thanks for info guys.